Best Paint I've Ever Seen!

Left the stir thingy in a can of mineral spirits...nope...none came off at the end of the day. Mineral spirits still as clear as water :)

Aw man. Painting a house sucks balls. I got stuck doing that once as part of paying off my tuition. Except that it was a barn instead of a house. Same thing, though, basically.

It's rewarding when it's all done, though, so there's that.

Aw man. Painting a house sucks balls. I got stuck doing that once as part of paying off my tuition. Except that it was a barn instead of a house. Same thing, though, basically.

It's rewarding when it's all done, though, so there's that.
I've a barn that's well over 100' x 24' that's unpainted Natty
you still lookin' to gain some smarts? ;) ~S~

What surprised me is the satin sheen.

It literally looks like (almost) I draped the parts in a satin sheet.

I have to call it a "sheen" cuz it's not enough to call it "gloss"...I would be very unhappy with a high gloss (or even a low gloss). But it's not a gloss...it's very elegant!

And mind you...this is the front center of my house.

I'd probably help out. In my old age, I imagine it's likely very therapeutic.

I took on all these projects because of my heart surgery.

I need to stay active...but I get bored with exercise...but I get focused on getting a project done and nothing else matters until it's complete.

So woo-lah...I get my exercise :D

I would have given up today after 2 hours if I wasn't in the middle of a project.

It's funny...there's this lady who keeps walking her dog by my house...I thunk she likes me.

I was out front painting away & here she comes walking her old dog.

I stopped & talked to them once, about 2 weeks ago. Nice lady...great old dog who loves me.

But I thunk I like the dog better than the lady :D

Just don't over do it, man. You've been through some stuff...

That's how I get better...I push myself.

Right after surgery I would huff N puff just walking to the kitchen. After that was easy I started walking a lap around the back yard. Then 2 laps...then 3...always pushing further.

I REFUSE to be an invalid!

What I really want is to jog 3 miles without stopping again...but I'm a long way away from that yet.

That's how I get better...I push myself.

Right after surgery I would huff N puff just walking to the kitchen. After that was easy I started walking a lap around the back yard. Then 2 laps...then 3...always pushing further.

I REFUSE to be an invalid!

What I really want is to jog 3 miles without stopping again...but I'm a long way away from that yet.

I've been there, man. And, yeah, that's the ticket, I think.

Reminds me of what Bruce Lee was saying the other day. Running watah nevah go stale...so you gotta just keep on moving...

I'm actually forcing myself to take today off. Woke up with legs cramps last night from all the squatting and crouching. It was like 6 hours of deep knee bends.

At about 3:00 am I had 2 cramps in the same leg...one in the calf & one in the ankle. When I pointed my toes down it helped the ankle but made the calf worse.

When I pointed my toes up it made the calf better but made the ankle worse.

I had no choice but to get out of bed & walk around :(

OK...I'm gonna have some fun with this :D

For years I've had people calling me & sending me letter that they want to buy my house (for cheap of course).

They don't want my house...they want my LOT! In the primest of locations and it's a huge lot for the area. (could build 3 houses on it). That's why I bought it 27 years ago...the house itself is blah...the yard is exceptional!

Anyhoo...they must see me painting because they have been calling and calling and sending me letters...it's getting quite annoying!

So what fun am I going to have with this?

I'm gonna drive 'em NUTS! :D

The new paint on my entry way looks so damn good I thunk...if I can score another can of this paint at menards...I'm gonna paint the window frames facing the street this color...it'll look amazing! And will surely piss off hte people who want to buy my house :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back