Best Overall State for Retiring

Florida is a nice place. But it's hot and humid alot. I like the 4 seasons and winter the older I get. I'd never let taxes or politics decide where to live. I live where I want to live as should others. The pitics of the state are not even an afterthought.
My grandparents live in Connecticut in the spring and summer, and Florida in the fall and winter.

I wouldn't move to where it's hot and humid and no snow. The older I get the more I learn for snow and cold. People who don't like those can live where they want to I hope they are happy. That's the biggest thing. Live where you are happy. I know that's hard for most of you to comprehend.

I'm 91 years old and looking at purchasing a dog team so we can run my trails together.

Interesting mix of states...I would not mind Maine or Vermont but the wife does not want to go that far north. Will probably end up in the Carolinas if we do not do the Expat thing

View attachment 669752
Maine? Weather sucks most of the year!
West Virginia? Yu better have one leg shorter than the other to stand up straight!
Vermont? Weather sucks most of the year!
Montana? Weather sucks most of the year!
Delaware? Infested by Bidens.

I would not mind a northern state, do not care if it is red or blue, that will play ZERO role in the decision.

The only down fall of a northern state is the cold winters and if one is not working and does not have to get out and drive during the middle of a snowstorm they are not even that bad.

We are thinking about going to Maine next fall for vacation so we can see what we think of it. We have about 10 years till I retire and maybe a bit longer for her.

My son is pushing for us to move to the upper peninsula of Michigan
Great! Preferably somewhere with no internet service.

One thing they didn't mention is having hospitals nearby. If you're over 65, you might want to check that out.

Forum List

Back