Bernie Sanders : This Grotesque Level of Income and Wealth Inequality is Wrong

"I don't believe safety on the job is a social obligation"
Post #176

Possibly the dumbest statement ever posted on this or any message board.

Does a business have a duty to provide proper training, equipment and enforce safe practices?

Of course they do, they are culpable for injuries to employees and customers if they breach this duty they can be held both civilly, morally and criminally culpable.
While most people understand what you just described, ol Ray thinks the free market should take care of these things with governement interference and we should all just be responsible for ourselves. If we don't like the pay then don't work there. If we don't like the conditions or products of a business then don't work there or don't shop there... Etc. he is extremely short sited and doesn't understand the domino effect of how things work in a society.

Let me ask you ray the landlord. Do you give your tenants the same kind of absolute freedom that you are demanding our governement give us? I mean they are paying rent so why should you the landlord get to tell them what to do in any way?

My tenants are the same as an employers employees. We do X over here, and if you don't like the way I do things, then move someplace where you like the way things are done.

Nobody is forced to live here and the government intrusions I have to tolerate gives me no choice but to have higher rents. Government costs me too much time and money in this business, and I'm certainly not going to take the loss for that. I have to pass losses and costs to my tenants in the form of rental price.

If the government should ever get so large and powerful enough where they can tell me what I'm allowed to charge for rent and what conditions I must provide, then screw it, I'm selling out. In fact, I heard something on the radio the other day that Congress was considering a law that says I can't discriminate against felons. I've rented to felons in the past, they too cost me a ton of money and hardship. I don't rent to felons any longer. And if government is going to force me to, I'll get out of the business.
You are to the government as your tenants are to you... Don't you see that. You complain about having to follow the governments rules while expecting your tenants to succumb to your rules. You say if your tenants don't like your rules they can live somewhere else. Same goes for you. If you don't like our governement rules the. You can live somewhere else.... You seeing the parallel now?

There's no comparison. He owns the property his tenants are renting. The federal government doesn't own the United States, and it sure as hell doesn't own my property.

There is no parallel. The government isn't our landlord.
News flash... The government is your landlord. You didn't fight any wars to own your property. We are fortunate enough to live in a country where the people do have a voice and leadership is comprised of elected officials with checks and balances... But don't mistake that for absolute freedom.

While most people understand what you just described, ol Ray thinks the free market should take care of these things with governement interference and we should all just be responsible for ourselves. If we don't like the pay then don't work there. If we don't like the conditions or products of a business then don't work there or don't shop there... Etc. he is extremely short sited and doesn't understand the domino effect of how things work in a society.

Let me ask you ray the landlord. Do you give your tenants the same kind of absolute freedom that you are demanding our governement give us? I mean they are paying rent so why should you the landlord get to tell them what to do in any way?

My tenants are the same as an employers employees. We do X over here, and if you don't like the way I do things, then move someplace where you like the way things are done.

Nobody is forced to live here and the government intrusions I have to tolerate gives me no choice but to have higher rents. Government costs me too much time and money in this business, and I'm certainly not going to take the loss for that. I have to pass losses and costs to my tenants in the form of rental price.

If the government should ever get so large and powerful enough where they can tell me what I'm allowed to charge for rent and what conditions I must provide, then screw it, I'm selling out. In fact, I heard something on the radio the other day that Congress was considering a law that says I can't discriminate against felons. I've rented to felons in the past, they too cost me a ton of money and hardship. I don't rent to felons any longer. And if government is going to force me to, I'll get out of the business.
You are to the government as your tenants are to you... Don't you see that. You complain about having to follow the governments rules while expecting your tenants to succumb to your rules. You say if your tenants don't like your rules they can live somewhere else. Same goes for you. If you don't like our governement rules the. You can live somewhere else.... You seeing the parallel now?

I am seeing that you are dumb.

This guy owns his property, the government doesn't own yours the last time I checked.

He has a voluntary contract with his tenants, while the government just assumes it owns everything, and throws people in prison for not following.

0/10
The government doesn't own my property? Really? Why do I pay property taxes?

You somehow think that you are completely free to live in a land that our army led by our governement fought and bled to conquer and own. You don't own anything but your underwear and your toothbrush etc. And you call me dumb.

So you are a communist?
Haha, no I'm a realist. This isn't something I'm promoting, this is the reality we live in. Open your eyes

Post #176

Does a business have a duty to provide proper training, equipment and enforce safe practices?

Of course they do, they are culpable for injuries to employees and customers if they breach this duty they can be held both civilly, morally and criminally culpable.

No, that's apples and oranges.

If my tenants don't like my rules, they can leave my property. If I don't like government, I do what I can to change the government.

Post #176

This guy owns his property, the government doesn't own yours the last time I checked.

He has a voluntary contract with his tenants, while the government just assumes it owns everything, and throws people in prison for not following.

0/10

You somehow think that you are completely free to live in a land that our army led by our governement fought and bled to conquer and own. You don't own anything but your underwear and your toothbrush etc. And you call me dumb.

You pay property taxes for the same reason you pay "protection" money to Guido the leg breaker, because the government threatens to use force against you if you don't. Once again, the central premise of all your theories about government is that might makes right. You're a servile, groveling, bootlicking toady.

0/10

So you are a communist?
Haha, no I'm a realist. This isn't something I'm promoting, this is the reality we live in. Open your eyes

You're a "realist" in the same sense as Vidkun Quisling was a realist during WW II. You were born without a spine or a principled bone in your entire body. Your only goal in life is to sell out to whomever is in charge as quickly as you know how to.

Post #176

No, that's apples and oranges.

If my tenants don't like my rules, they can leave my property. If I don't like government, I do what I can to change the government.
You actually do have a voice to change the government which is more power than your tenants have to change your policies as you are the dictator in your property world. If you don't like your governments rules on your business you also have the choice to not run your own business... Get another job... or move to another country... Similar to your tenants choice to live elsewhere. It isn't apples and oranges, it is very similar. You just don't like the thought of YOU being the "tenant"

0/10

You pay property taxes for the same reason you pay "protection" money to Guido the leg breaker, because the government threatens to use force against you if you don't. Once again, the central premise of all your theories about government is that might makes right. You're a servile, groveling, bootlicking toady.
Now were are name calling, huh? Just accept reality you dumbshit... Its fine for you to object and try to lead efforts towards new ideas... But don't deny what is.

0/10

So you are a communist?

You're a "realist" in the same sense as Vidkun Quisling was a realist during WW II. You were born without a spine or a principled bone in your entire body. Your only goal in life is to sell out to whomever is in charge as quickly as you know how to.
Thanks for defining my goals for me... I can at least understand the system we live in. I speak to the things I object to but don't pout around, stomp my feet, and call my opposers names. I'd be frustrated if I took you seriously but it's kinda entertaining... Like talking to an idealistic 5th grader who thinks he knows what he's talking about... Now be good or Santa won't be coming this year.

0/10

Now were are name calling, huh? Just accept reality you dumbshit... Its fine for you to object and try to lead efforts towards new ideas... But don't deny what is.

I"m only name calling if calling some a thief when they take your property is name calling. The bottom line is that you do not question the government's authority to do whatever it likes with you and your property. That's the essence of servility.

0/10

So you are a communist?

Thanks for defining my goals for me... I can at least understand the system we live in. I speak to the things I object to but don't pout around, stomp my feet, and call my opposers names. I'd be frustrated if I took you seriously but it's kinda entertaining... Like talking to an idealistic 5th grader who thinks he knows what he's talking about... Now be good or Santa won't be coming this year.

If there is one thing that's clear it's that you don't understand the system we live under. You may be content not to question it, just as a lion in the zoo is content to be fed by his handlers twice a day, but that doesn't mean you understand how you ended up in a cage.

0/10

I"m only name calling if calling some a thief when they take your property is name calling. The bottom line is that you do not question the government's authority to do whatever it likes with you and your property. That's the essence of servility.
I question it all the time. I just don't deny reality and I understand why governement authority is a good thing when used correctly. It's not all or nothing. When you are not being open to anything and not recognizing what our government is then calling people names that don't agree with you, it just makes you look like a pouty child

0/10

This is the problem in America today. Too bad that most are so brainwashed by the government education system that they do not even understand what theft means coming out of the Marxist indoctrination. The so called Marxist exploitation (someone not providing you free shit) they seem to understand though...

It's painful how far Slade3200 is in it... case example...

Last edited:

0/10

This is the problem in America today. Too bad that most are so brainwashed by the government education system that they do not even understand what theft means coming out of the Marxist indoctrination. The so called Marxist exploitation (someone not providing you free shit) they seem to understand though...

I think it's a shame to see ungrateful spoiled pricks like you that have appreciation for the country that we live in. Yes, there are many areas that need reform and improvement. But y'all that deny the basic function of our governement and call anybody who supports them, idiots.... Well y'all are the problem

0/10

I question it all the time. I just don't deny reality and I understand why governement authority is a good thing when used correctly. It's not all or nothing. When you are not being open to anything and not recognizing what our government is then calling people names that don't agree with you, it just makes you look like a pouty child

You don't question a thing. At best, you claim that it would be better if government imposed this policy on us rather than some other policy. You don't question the authority of government to impose it on us.

There is no such thing as using force against innocent people correctly. It makes as much sense to claim there are "correct" forms of stealing or assault. I understand what government is. You do not. Government is an organized criminal gang. You defend the right of that gang to steal and coerce.

I think it's a shame to see ungrateful spoiled pricks like you that have appreciation for the country that we live in. Yes, there are many areas that need reform and improvement. But y'all that deny the basic function of our governement and call anybody who supports them, idiots.... Well y'all are the problem

Weren't you the one who was just whining about name calling?

Norman understands the nature of government correctly. There's no reason to be grateful for being looted and commanded. That's the mentality of a slave. The basic functions of our government are plunder and rule.

0/10

Slade is so brainwashed he thinks the talking points he's spewing are just "common sense" and "reality." He doesn't understand most of what we're discussing.

Translation: I can't prove there's anything wrong with it, or even find any evidence that the rich people somehow stole from the poor people. But if I keep telling the same lie over and over, my mentor says that people will believe it and it will become The Truth. And enough people might get fooled into voting for me, that I'll win anyway.
If average people could have a better lifestyle 40 years ago on one income when productivity has exploded over those years, what's your explanation for what has changed?

If average people could have a better lifestyle 40 years ago on one income

Can you prove their lifestyle was better 40 years ago?
I remember that era quite vividly. Yup, better, less stressful and the norm was one breadwinner per household (although both of my parents worked).

Translation: I can't prove there's anything wrong with it, or even find any evidence that the rich people somehow stole from the poor people. But if I keep telling the same lie over and over, my mentor says that people will believe it and it will become The Truth. And enough people might get fooled into voting for me, that I'll win anyway.
If average people could have a better lifestyle 40 years ago on one income when productivity has exploded over those years, what's your explanation for what has changed?
We've sadly injected more liberal socialism into policy. And it creates collapse. Just ask Detroit. Over 60 years of liberal utopia - a Democrat mayor all of those years, a Democrat-controlled city council all of those years, plus massive unions like the UAW and teacher unions. And what does the city have to show for that? Poverty. Famine. Misery. The place is like a third-world hell-hole now thanks to liberalism.
Nope, Reagan put us on a path in which whatever the large coporations wanted, the large corporations got. They crushed whatever representation the average guy had and the squeeze continue in earnest today.

I remember that era quite vividly. Yup, better, less stressful and the norm was one breadwinner per household (although both of my parents worked).

Yup, tiny/shared houses. One car, hand me down clothes. Cheap gym shoes.

Now, liberals want a minimum wage worker to afford a 4000 sq ft house and a couple of SUVs.

Yup, tiny/shared houses. One car, hand me down clothes. Cheap gym shoes.

Now, liberals want a minimum wage worker to afford a 4000 sq ft house and a couple of SUVs.
My family had two cars and a 2300 sq ft townhouse.

Can you prove that liberals want minimum wage workers to have 4000 sq ft houses? Sounds like a Sean Hannity talking point.

Forum List

Back