Bernie Sanders in FOX News Online op-ed: Striking Workers ‘Courageous’ In Face Of Kellogg’s ‘Abrasive’ Tactics...President Biden also voiced support

Neither do it, good food bring enjoyment, which is not the same thing as happiness. Happiness is a mental feeling and enjoyment is a physical one.

Mine as well, one of those accomplishment has been becoming a pretty darn good chef. A good friend of mine does amazing wood work, he gets enjoyment out of that, my MIL makes amazing rugs hooking wool scraps into patterns.

I get far more happiness out of my accomplishments unrelated to my professional life than I do with work accomplishments. A good round of golf beats a great accomplishment at work every day of the week.

Nothing at all wrong with a little bit of decadence

Maybe I'll cut myself some slack after I'm a millionaire in my own right and have earned some decadence.

Maybe I'll cut myself some slack after I'm a millionaire in my own right and have earned some decadence.

You never know what tomorrow might bring, thus enjoy today....or something like that.

My sister and BIL had thoughts like yours, they had big plans for when they retired...then at 62 he was diagnosed with amyloidosis and was dead in less than 10 months.

You never know what tomorrow might bring, thus enjoy today....or something like that.

My sister and BIL had thoughts like yours, they had big plans for when they retired...then at 62 he was diagnosed with amyloidosis and was dead in less than 10 months.

Sorry to hear that. It must have been devastating for her to lose her partner like that. I talk a big game but I'm not perfect. Sometimes I'll puff on a THC vape to take the edge off for example. I also spend plenty of time bullshitting on this forum and listening to music. That's how I treat myself.

I just feel a powerful sense of duty to my family in particular, and I was taught by my family that discipline and duty always come first. I try to live my life like that.

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? The workers are able to negotiate a contract and reject proposed bifurcation because they have a union. The company demands crap in exchange for stuff. The union's negotiators relay the same to the workers. THEN it's up to the workers to tell them both "No, not good enough!" by voting that shit down -- exactly as they did "In this case"!

(yes, cornflakes are garbage)

Kelloggs workers will be voting tomorrow on a contract that continues to allow the bifurcated benefits that they already allowed to begin with. that is what the hell I am talking about. Unions take dues from everybody but only negotiate for the benefit of one group of their members at the expense of all the others.

So the workers can just vote it down again, given that's what they really want. I was only taking issue with this bit of your original post:
Unions can be a good thing. In this case, not so much.
So what would be a better thing in this case? No union? I was a Teamster for 15 years. I did very well despite always having plenty to criticize regarding our union. Worse than our negotiators, who did often seem like they were there to represent the company more than us, were the rank and file. They normally seemed willing to reject nothing short of having a gun always pointed at their heads. That's why I applaud this bunch so much. They're standing up for their own interests, exactly like all union workers should. None should simply accept what the big wigs upfront recommend. Make them earn their pay by presenting compelling documents and arguments to the ranks -- pro and con -- and let the members vote up or down often or those big shots can go back to actually working for a living.

Last edited:
Ever wondered what Corn Flakes and masturbation have in common?

For people the world over, a bowl of corn flakes is the go-to breakfast of choice. But for the majority of those who look forward to their morning bowl, it will come as a surprise that they were invented to stop people masturbating.

John Harvey Kellog was a sick little man with a dirty mind who believed in eugenics, He adopted children because he thought sex with his wife was a sin, and advocated threading a silver thread through the foreskins of boys to prevent erections. Not surprising that the company that bears his name doesn't care about his employees, because he never did.
One percent of the world are psychotics. Being a psychotic does not mean you are hell bent on going to the electric chair. There are psychotics who who do good things. They push the boundaries of everything in a that way. But they do not want to be screwed with. If what you are saying is true about this man, did he personally destroy others of the peasant class? These people like Kellogg had tenacity. We live more comfortable because of them. We eat and consume products in massive categories for the masses that only royalty had up to the late 19th century. In recent days Elon Musk has been taken to task from someone like you. Lizzie Warren. And there is the crony capitalism in it. But you are of the Village like Trevor Noah who is from South Africa like Musk. One is a visionary and the other is of the Village. We do not have to like the flaws, but the advancements and the amount of people employed makes a difference. So go watch Trevor Noah give you terrible comedy while you eat tree bark.

One percent of the world are psychotics. Being a psychotic does not mean you are hell bent on going to the electric chair. There are psychotics who who do good things. They push the boundaries of everything in a that way. But they do not want to be screwed with. If what you are saying is true about this man, did he personally destroy others of the peasant class? These people like Kellogg had tenacity. We live more comfortable because of them. We eat and consume products in massive categories for the masses that only royalty had up to the late 19th century. In recent days Elon Musk has been taken to task from someone like you. Lizzie Warren. And there is the crony capitalism in it. But you are of the Village like Trevor Noah who is from South Africa like Musk. One is a visionary and the other is of the Village. We do not have to like the flaws, but the advancements and the amount of people employed makes a difference. So go watch Trevor Noah give you terrible comedy while you eat tree bark.
Your admiration of psychotics is noted.

unions are a good thing

FGRmBpHWUAcxkRo

Fuck unions!

Commie bastards.

What do those so called jobs pay? If it's under $20 I'd say the company is cheap.

It will be cheaper in Mexico.

If the greedy little shits wants to demand more pay then their jobs will most likely wind up overseas. We have seen the filthy greedy unions drive jobs to cheaper labor markets overseas.

If the fucking union bastards hadn't voted for Joe Potatohead their wouldn't be as much inflation and they would have more buying power with their income.

Your admiration of psychotics is noted.
Admiration is not it. There are people of greatness with that genome in them. This is from the caveman days of pure survival. So you have Doctors, Scientists, industrialists, Tech Giants and others with that in them who move us along. Many take chances in all of us. They definitely do. In politics we have that. They may not be that good and may be good.

Unions built this nation. There is a healthy percentage of americans who hate workers. Yet they want people to work hard. Hypocrites.

If it was up to most of these right wing fuckups in here who support unbridled capitalism, we'd still have 7 day work weeks, no vacation days, children working in the mines, and there would be no minimum wage.

Forum List

Back