Bernie Sanders in FOX News Online op-ed: Striking Workers ‘Courageous’ In Face Of Kellogg’s ‘Abrasive’ Tactics...President Biden also voiced support

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
unions are a good thing

FGRmBpHWUAcxkRo

unions are a good thing

FGRmBpHWUAcxkRo

Unions can be a good thing. In this case, not so much. one of the sticking points as been how many second tier employees can Kelloggs hire. Unions have for too long been willing to bifurcate their membership in terms of benefits and wages based on their age such that younger workers always get less so that the older union leaders crowd can get more. This has a compounding effect throughout the careers of younger workers.

What do those so called jobs pay? If it's under $20 I'd say the company is cheap.

Ever wondered what Corn Flakes and masturbation have in common?

For people the world over, a bowl of corn flakes is the go-to breakfast of choice. But for the majority of those who look forward to their morning bowl, it will come as a surprise that they were invented to stop people masturbating.

John Harvey Kellog was a sick little man with a dirty mind who believed in eugenics, He adopted children because he thought sex with his wife was a sin, and advocated threading a silver thread through the foreskins of boys to prevent erections. Not surprising that the company that bears his name doesn't care about his employees, because he never did.

For people the world over, a bowl of corn flakes is the go-to breakfast of choice. But for the majority of those who look forward to their morning bowl, it will come as a surprise that they were invented to stop people masturbating.

John Harvey Kellog was a sick little man with a dirty mind who believed in eugenics, He adopted children because he thought sex with his wife was a sin, and advocated threading a silver thread through the foreskins of boys to prevent erections. Not surprising that the company that bears his name doesn't care about his employees, because he never did.
Lol

What the fuck?

So? That was one man, a long time ago. If isn't as if Kellogg's still does what he did.

If the man who invented the pancake was a psychotic serial rapist and murder baby killer I'd still eat pancakes because what he did has nothing to do with pancakes.

So? That was one man, a long time ago. If isn't as if Kellogg's still does what he did.

If the man who invented the pancake was a psychotic serial rapist and murder baby killer I'd still eat pancakes because what he did has nothing to do with pancakes.
Pancakes are shitty for you too. That's reason enough to avoid them.

Pancakes are shitty for you too. That's reason enough to avoid them.

That is not reason enough, if I avoided everything they tell me is "shitty for me" my life would suck so bad it would not be worth living.

Eat to live rather than live to eat in my opinion. Food is fuel.

Food is so much more than fuel. I love cooking and baking, one of my passions. Last night made homemade gnocchi in a cream sauce with crab meat and pecorino cheese. It is not about the fuel, it is about the experience.

Food is so much more than fuel. I love cooking and baking, one of my passions. Last night made homemade gnocchi in a cream sauce with crab meat and pecorino cheese. It is not about the fuel, it is about the experience.
Food worship is not uncommon I suppose. I think our relationship with food is a big part of the obesity epidemic though.

Food worship is not uncommon I suppose. I think our relationship with food is a big part of the obesity epidemic though.

I do not worship food anymore than I worship running or playing video games or golfing. I enjoy good food, and even more than that I enjoy making really good food. Most of the best meals I have eaten have come from my own hands, and there is a great deal of satisfaction in that.

Life is short, it should be enjoyed.

Unions can be a good thing. In this case, not so much. one of the sticking points as been how many second tier employees can Kelloggs hire. Unions have for too long been willing to bifurcate their membership in terms of benefits and wages based on their age such that younger workers always get less so that the older union leaders crowd can get more. This has a compounding effect throughout the careers of younger workers.
What the hell are you talking about? The workers are able to negotiate a contract and reject proposed bifurcation because they have a union. The company demands crap in exchange for stuff. The union's negotiators relay the same to the workers. THEN it's up to the workers to tell them both "No, not good enough!" by voting that shit down -- exactly as they did "In this case"!

(yes, cornflakes are garbage)

I do not worship food anymore than I worship running or playing video games or golfing. I enjoy good food, and even more than that I enjoy making really good food. Most of the best meals I have eaten have come from my own hands, and there is a great deal of satisfaction in that.

Life is short, it should be enjoyed.

Fair enough.

I was taught that discipline is one of the most important qualities for being successful in life. I try to apply that anywhere I can, including my diet. I'm very careful and deliberate about what I eat. To each their own. I quite enjoy how I do things and clearly so do you.

Fair enough.

I was taught that discipline is one of the most important qualities for being successful in life. I try to apply that anywhere I can, including my diet. I'm very careful and deliberate about what I eat. To each their own. I quite enjoy how I do things and clearly so do you.

Everything in moderation is the key. What you eat is far less important than how much when it comes to obesity and being unhealthy.

What is the point of success if you cannot enjoy it?

Everything in moderation is the key. What you eat is far less important than how much when it comes to obesity and being unhealthy.

What is the point of success if you cannot enjoy it?

I just don't look to food for happiness. My happiness comes from the pride I have in who I am, where I came from and what I've accomplished in my life so far. Also it comes from all of the good people I'm fortunate enough to know. Food can only give temporary happiness. Discipline gives me something more constant and long-lasting. For me life is primarily about duty, discipline and sacrifice. Everything else leads to decadence.

I just don't look to food for happiness.

Neither do it, good food bring enjoyment, which is not the same thing as happiness. Happiness is a mental feeling and enjoyment is a physical one.

My happiness comes from the pride I have in who I am, where I came from and what I've accomplished in my life so far

Mine as well, one of those accomplishment has been becoming a pretty darn good chef. A good friend of mine does amazing wood work, he gets enjoyment out of that, my MIL makes amazing rugs hooking wool scraps into patterns.

I get far more happiness out of my accomplishments unrelated to my professional life than I do with work accomplishments. A good round of golf beats a great accomplishment at work every day of the week.

For me life is primarily about duty, discipline and sacrifice. Everything else leads to decadence.

Nothing at all wrong with a little bit of decadence

Forum List

Back