Believe it or not, there are still anti-science lefties who won't give up their masks

Who gives a shit if people still wish to where masks or not? :dunno:

Despite the CDC and MANY states (both red and blue) removing their mask mandates, there is still a hardcore group of fascists who will not stop trying to control everyone else's bodies.

They need to be mocked and shamed until they give up their fascist dreams.

A key point:

“For the last year, anyone questioning let alone rejecting CDC/WHO guidance on COVID was vilified as an anti-science crank, to the point of being censored off the internet,” tweeted heterodox liberal Glenn Greenwald. “Yet it’s now totally common for liberals with no scientific training to go on TV & reject new CDC guidance.” He included a clip from MSNBC.

New York is lifting its mask mandate for vaccinated people in most locations on Wednesday. It will join New Jersey and Connecticut in easing the bulk of its remaining COVID-19 restrictions on businesses the same day. Massachusetts will follow suit on May 29.

With vaccination rates rising, blue states are gradually embracing masklessness and reopening, in accordance with revised guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that were issued last week. “We have to get back to life and living — and we have to do it the way New Yorkers do it,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced from an empty Radio City Music Hall.

There’s just one problem — will rank-and-file liberal voters in these states go along?

Polling showed throughout the pandemic that liberals and Democrats were more worried about the virus. A Quinnipiac poll taken last March as the outbreak was beginning found that two-thirds of Democratic voters were concerned about the coronavirus disrupting their lives, while nearly 6 in 10 Republicans said the opposite.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted around the same time found 68% of Democrats were fearful of someone in their family contracting the coronavirus, compared to 40% of Republicans and 45% of independents. The partisan divide on many COVID-related issues has persisted over time, according to a year of surveys by the Pew Research Center.

The New York Times reported on vaccinated people who refuse to take off their masks despite the new guidance. The newspaper quoted one woman as saying, “Even if I’m the only person on planet Earth that continues to wear the mask, if that’s what makes me feel comfortable, I’ll wear the mask.”

You do get that the vaccine doesn't guarentee not contracting the virus. Nor is someone without a mask guaranteed to have bern vaccinated. A person wearing a mask is protecting themselves from people that arent vaccinated and others from themselves if they are infected. People can still be asymtomatic.

Is this too complicated for you? I can type slower.

So what is your plan? Ask people wearing a mask if they are vaccinated and that they prove it then "shame" them?

ROTFLMAO.

Your problem is with the CDC, not me. The CDC is saying no mask is required if you've been vaccinated. You're just another anti-science nutjob who wants to control other peoples' bodies.

My wife has an immune disorder and gets the cold or flu every season, even if vaccinated. COVID isn't going away, any more than the flu. 30% over 65 are not vaccinated. 30% of all adults are not expected to be vaccinated by July 4th. I'm sure that a good percentage will never get vaccinated.

The risk of contracting COVID is still to high for some people. Higher than a lot of things we avoid.

Ain't no harm in wearing one, no downside at all.

You and your wife should stay home.

Pelosi is a sick pathetic joke, a mockery of science, a bitter, power-hungry, controlling bitch who needs to be ousted, never to be allowed back in to govt again. Her clinging to her mask and forcing everyone to obey HER win through monetary fines in the Jouse despite the new CDC guidance makes her look like an evil mentally ill senior citizen, one who should have been in a NY nursing home 6 - 7 months ago.

A friend of mine posted this to his Facebook a couple of days ago:

View attachment 491248

The irony of being called "selfish" by someone who thinks it's perfectly okay to ask total strangers to wear masks - against current CDC guidelines - so that he/she (my friend is a guy, but the creator of the meme is female) can soothe his/her paranoia actually made my brain cramp for a moment.

"Nobody told your ass to live in fear." No, you're just telling us to live with your demands, because YOU are living in fear.

Anyone in a public place who objects to me not wearing a mask: Either you're vaccinated, in which case you're not my problem, or you've chosen not to be vaccinated . . . in which case, you're not my problem. If you're really that terrified of Covid . . . what the fuck are you doing out of your house at all?!

Your friend is right.

Why is it anyone else's business if someone wants to wear a mask?

It's the opposite scenario that seems to be causing a problem for you peopl

Bugger off with your lazy replies. I'm one person.

I answered your question, but you have no response for mine; why is it any of your business if I follow the CDC and the science and stop wearing a mask after I'm vaccinated?
For the same reason Dems won't allow you to have any view that conflicts with their world view.
You are quit welcome to believe the world is flat.
Lib please the left are the most intolerant people on planet Earth. :eusa_hand:

View attachment 491248

The irony of being called "selfish" by someone who thinks it's perfectly okay to ask total strangers to wear masks - against current CDC guidelines - so that he/she (my friend is a guy, but the creator of the meme is female) can soothe his/her paranoia actually made my brain cramp for a moment.

"Nobody told your ass to live in fear." No, you're just telling us to live with your demands, because YOU are living in fear.

Anyone in a public place who objects to me not wearing a mask: Either you're vaccinated, in which case you're not my problem, or you've chosen not to be vaccinated . . . in which case, you're not my problem. If you're really that terrified of Covid . . . what the fuck are you doing out of your house at all?!

Your friend is right.

Coming from you, that means my friend is more ridiculously wrong than I originally thought.

View attachment 491248

Your friend is right.

Coming from you, that means my friend is more ridiculously wrong than I originally thought.
I would expect nothing else from you...after all, it's a "me me me" mentality.

Of course, you're condemning sane, intelligent people for looking out for their own best interests, while advocating that stupid, cowardly, control freaks should look after what they delusionally perceive to be their self-interests; where, in the latter case, it involves trying to deny rational choices to the former group in order to pander to the latter.

No sane, intelligent person ought to be considered to have any obligation whatsoever to sacrifice any of his own comfort, safety, or well-being, to pander to the irrational fears and demands of those who are so stupid and gullible as to have fallen for the #CoronaHoax2020, and to have been brainwashed into living in deathly fear of an overhyped flu bug.

If you're so terrified of the flu, then you stay home, hide in your basement, and starve to death.

We grown-ups have lives to live, jobs to do, and responsibilities to meet, and the last thing we need is to be dragged down by worthless parasites such as yourself.

Despite the CDC and MANY states (both red and blue) removing their mask mandates, there is still a hardcore group of fascists who will not stop trying to control everyone else's bodies.

A key point:

“For the last year, anyone questioning let alone rejecting CDC/WHO guidance on COVID was vilified as an anti-science crank, to the point of being censored off the internet,” tweeted heterodox liberal Glenn Greenwald. “Yet it’s now totally common for liberals with no scientific training to go on TV & reject new CDC guidance.” He included a clip from MSNBC.

New York is lifting its mask mandate for vaccinated people in most locations on Wednesday. It will join New Jersey and Connecticut in easing the bulk of its remaining COVID-19 restrictions on businesses the same day. Massachusetts will follow suit on May 29.

With vaccination rates rising, blue states are gradually embracing masklessness and reopening, in accordance with revised guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that were issued last week. “We have to get back to life and living — and we have to do it the way New Yorkers do it,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced from an empty Radio City Music Hall.

There’s just one problem — will rank-and-file liberal voters in these states go along?

Polling showed throughout the pandemic that liberals and Democrats were more worried about the virus. A Quinnipiac poll taken last March as the outbreak was beginning found that two-thirds of Democratic voters were concerned about the coronavirus disrupting their lives, while nearly 6 in 10 Republicans said the opposite.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted around the same time found 68% of Democrats were fearful of someone in their family contracting the coronavirus, compared to 40% of Republicans and 45% of independents. The partisan divide on many COVID-related issues has persisted over time, according to a year of surveys by the Pew Research Center.

The New York Times reported on vaccinated people who refuse to take off their masks despite the new guidance. The newspaper quoted one woman as saying, “Even if I’m the only person on planet Earth that continues to wear the mask, if that’s what makes me feel comfortable, I’ll wear the mask.”

Are they telling you that you have to wear a mask? No.

So why does it matter to you if they wear a mask. You want them mocked and shamed? Why? What possible difference can it make to you if someone chooses to wear a mask?

It's the opposite scenario that seems to be causing a problem for you people. I'm happy to mock anti-science lefties who insist on wearing masks outside, alone in their cars, at the beach, etc., even after being vaccinated.

But, when those Nazis try to force me or anyone else to share their anti-science delusions, then we have a problem.

Is anyone doing that?

Of course, you're condemning sane, intelligent people for looking out for their own best interests, while advocating that stupid, cowardly, control freaks should look after what they delusionally perceive to be their self-interests; where, in the latter case, it involves trying to deny rational choices to the former group in order to pander to the latter.

No sane, intelligent person ought to be considered to have any obligation whatsoever to sacrifice any of his own comfort, safety, or well-being, to pander to the irrational fears and demands of those who are so stupid and gullible as to have fallen for the #CoronaHoax2020, and to have been brainwashed into living in deathly fear of an overhyped flu bug.

If you're so terrified of the flu, then you stay home, hide in your basement, and starve to death.

We grown-ups have lives to live, jobs to do, and responsibilities to meet, and the last thing we need is to be dragged down by worthless parasites such as yourself.
You are an idiot.

Most normal people can wear a mask and work at same time until vaccination rates are up to a sufficient and the CDC changes it's recommendations. It's like chewing gum and walking at the same time.

Grown ups dont have a complete tantrum when asked to consider the lives of those more vulnerable.

Done stomping your feet and screaming?

You are an idiot.

Most normal people can wear a mask and work at same time until vaccination rates are up to a sufficient and the CDC changes it's recommendations. It's like chewing gum and walking at the same time.

Grown ups dont have a complete tantrum when asked to consider the lives of those more vulnerable.

You are aware that the CDC has said that if you’re vaccinated you don’t need the mask right?

You are an idiot.

You are aware that the CDC has said that if you’re vaccinated you don’t need the mask right?

You don't need a mask while cutting your grass either but some people wear one. They have issues that a general CDC statement does not cover.

Right winger triggered by masks. If you've been to China any year before now masks were not unusual. If my mom lived with me I’d use extreme caution next few months still.

A key point:

Does Joe Down-the-Street Wearing a mask put me and mine at any risk? No. Did YOU NOT wearing a mask when we had no vaccine and the disease was spreading put me at any risk? YES. So, fuck off you antisocial, self-centered, ignorant, uncaring asshole.

Die and just get it over with.

The better question is "Why is it anyone's business if someone doesn't want to wear a mask"?

Depends doesn't it? Right now there doesn't seem to be a reason. All the same the thread was started about people who still are wearing one so my statement was targeting the actual topic.

1621508765911.png

~s~

Forum List

Back