Believe it or not, there are still anti-science lefties who won't give up their masks

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Despite the CDC and MANY states (both red and blue) removing their mask mandates, there is still a hardcore group of fascists who will not stop trying to control everyone else's bodies.

They need to be mocked and shamed until they give up their fascist dreams.

A key point:

“For the last year, anyone questioning let alone rejecting CDC/WHO guidance on COVID was vilified as an anti-science crank, to the point of being censored off the internet,” tweeted heterodox liberal Glenn Greenwald. “Yet it’s now totally common for liberals with no scientific training to go on TV & reject new CDC guidance.” He included a clip from MSNBC.

New York is lifting its mask mandate for vaccinated people in most locations on Wednesday. It will join New Jersey and Connecticut in easing the bulk of its remaining COVID-19 restrictions on businesses the same day. Massachusetts will follow suit on May 29.

With vaccination rates rising, blue states are gradually embracing masklessness and reopening, in accordance with revised guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that were issued last week. “We have to get back to life and living — and we have to do it the way New Yorkers do it,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced from an empty Radio City Music Hall.

There’s just one problem — will rank-and-file liberal voters in these states go along?

Polling showed throughout the pandemic that liberals and Democrats were more worried about the virus. A Quinnipiac poll taken last March as the outbreak was beginning found that two-thirds of Democratic voters were concerned about the coronavirus disrupting their lives, while nearly 6 in 10 Republicans said the opposite.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted around the same time found 68% of Democrats were fearful of someone in their family contracting the coronavirus, compared to 40% of Republicans and 45% of independents. The partisan divide on many COVID-related issues has persisted over time, according to a year of surveys by the Pew Research Center.

The New York Times reported on vaccinated people who refuse to take off their masks despite the new guidance. The newspaper quoted one woman as saying, “Even if I’m the only person on planet Earth that continues to wear the mask, if that’s what makes me feel comfortable, I’ll wear the mask.”

The science says you're not immune so wearing a mask makes sense

I don't care what the CDC says about anything, nor do i believe masks are helping.

But if i did, there would be no reason not to continue to wear one indoors. I'm not sure the % of people who believe masks are necessary outdoors is all that high

I will be more than glad when everyone refuses to wear The Mask.

A friend of mine posted this to his Facebook a couple of days ago:

1621457002594.png

The irony of being called "selfish" by someone who thinks it's perfectly okay to ask total strangers to wear masks - against current CDC guidelines - so that he/she (my friend is a guy, but the creator of the meme is female) can soothe his/her paranoia actually made my brain cramp for a moment.

"Nobody told your ass to live in fear." No, you're just telling us to live with your demands, because YOU are living in fear.

Anyone in a public place who objects to me not wearing a mask: Either you're vaccinated, in which case you're not my problem, or you've chosen not to be vaccinated . . . in which case, you're not my problem. If you're really that terrified of Covid . . . what the fuck are you doing out of your house at all?!

Last edited:
Why is it anyone else's business if someone wants to wear a mask?

It's the opposite scenario that seems to be causing a problem for you people. I'm happy to mock anti-science lefties who insist on wearing masks outside, alone in their cars, at the beach, etc., even after being vaccinated.

But, when those Nazis try to force me or anyone else to share their anti-science delusions, then we have a problem.

And yet the left are enraged if we wear a Trump cap.

Why is this always the type of reply? I do NOT speak for anyone else. I am not the "left". I asked a question. You failed to answer it. Wear your hat, I do not care.
Work on your reading comprehension I did not refer to you as the left. As for your question nobody cares if Dems wear a mask. Dems dictating that everyone must wear a mask or be punished by Dems that we have a problem with.

It's the opposite scenario that seems to be causing a problem for you peopl

Bugger off with your lazy replies. I'm one person.

I answered your question, but you have no response for mine; why is it any of your business if I follow the CDC and the science and stop wearing a mask after I'm vaccinated?

It's not and I've never said it was.

It's the opposite scenario that seems to be causing a problem for you peopl

Bugger off with your lazy replies. I'm one person.

I answered your question, but you have no response for mine; why is it any of your business if I follow the CDC and the science and stop wearing a mask after I'm vaccinated?
For the same reason Dems won't allow you to have any view that conflicts with their world view.

Forum List

Back