Belgian Waffle Irons.

Without even trying them thats where the Wife and I are leaning.
Being able to replace the grates is a huge factor.

Sure. As soon as the grates start going bad in the other one, the whole thing is toast.

I can tell you this: when the ALD makes a waffle, the surface of it will be open and porous, allowing it to break easier and absorb liquids faster, cooling faster and getting soggy easier whereas the Waring will bake a waffle with closed cells making for easier removal, stronger waffles and more able to hold up under various sauces, butters, syrups and ice cream, plus the user experience will just be more pleasant to operate.

Sure. As soon as the grates start going bad in the other one, the whole thing is toast.

I can tell you this: when the ALD makes a waffle, the surface of it will be open and porous, allowing it to break easier and absorb liquids faster, cooling faster and getting soggy easier whereas the Waring will bake a waffle with closed cells making for easier removal, stronger waffles and more able to hold up under various sauces, butters, syrups and ice cream, plus the user experience will just be more pleasant to operate.

Thats been our biggest problem with all of our previous units.
You have to put em in the toaster oven when they come out or they get soggy.
While the Breville works great for that I'd prefer they came out right the first time.

Waffle burger.............

Waffled burger bun
Waffle cooked burger
Waffle cooked cheese

1643507417130.png

This is our second try on the Waring. Didnt bother reporting on it for the first round since we used a new batter that kinda sucked.
The Waffles came out beautifully!! Nice golden brown and crispy.
I have to say they're the best waffles the Wife and I have ever made.
And they were a hit with the dogs as well!
And no mess from overflow batter just the little bit that snuck out the side and was easily removable.

Next up is the ALD but I cant imagine it turning out a better waffle than what the Waring just did.

87B6235C-EB1A-4EE8-B315-14142E168F2E.jpeg

Forum List

Back