Belgian Waffle Irons.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
So the Wife and I ended up getting two commercial waffle irons at the same time by pure chance so I figured this would be a perfect time for a waffle iron shootout.
As I've said earlier we ordered a Waring commercial Waffle Iron and it was back ordered and was supposed to be in stock after a month and a half,three months later we said fuck it and ordered our second choice. The day we received our second choice,the ALD,we received an email saying the Waring unit we've waited for for three months is on it's way.

At first I was highly pissed but then I figured it gave us a rare chance at checking out two commercial waffle irons head to head.
The ALD is on the left and the Waring is on the right.
The ALD came in at $250 bucks and the Waring at $400 bucks.
The ALD frame is stainless and the Waring frame is cast aluminium. Both appear to be pretty solid and of course both are made in china.
The Waring has replaceable grates where the ALD doesnt,a strong selling point.
The ALD has both a temp setting and a timer which I feel is redundant and unnecessary. The Waring has a set temp and you change the doneness by time which makes more sense to me. The Waring beeps when heated and beeps when your Waffle is done.

49B0F983-4FC2-4C0C-8488-A837B9A898E6.jpeg

The ALD grate.
4455B5D3-565A-4D50-973B-13396AEA6AC5.jpeg

VS the Waring grate.
75CABC03-009E-4801-9B52-3C62DF14472F.jpeg

Note the screws so you can replace the grates if they become a problem.

Will be trying both out Saturday morning and see which is best. I figure we'll put the loser in the camper and the winner can stay home.
The dogs are going to be extremely happy eating the failures.

I'll continue tomorrow when we get out of bed.

Good luck, and may the best waffle iron grace your kitchen counter. I like the design of Waring best. Too fancy for my taste, but to each his own.

The Wife and I love Belgian Waffles,not to mention the dogs.
We've had several irons over the years and haven't been happy with any of them.
I had one my Mother gave me years ago that had the cloth cord it was so old. It worked better than any of the new ones we bought but it became a fire hazard.
It's kinda like my Wifes ancient electric skillet we've used for years,as in 30 plus years,we tried to replace it with new but the old one still works better no matter how much we spent.
We dont mind spending on cooking equipment because we're both foodies.

Thats a bit much for me. WAY too much money to spend on something that makes just waffles.

I'd settle for this........

View attachment 594107

Cooking is our thing above all else.
I easily have $25k in backyard cookers including the backyard kitchen.
I figure if you're going to have a hobby it's best to find one your Wife loves as much as you do.

Cooking is our thing above all else.
I easily have $25k in backyard cookers including the backyard kitchen.
I figure if you're going to have a hobby it's best to find one your Wife loves as much as you do.

I understand you, I love my kitchen gadgets like kids...........but I just don't have that kind of money.

I used to be a baker and got into NordicWare. Nowadays I have to save my money for all my medical bills. Ugh.

I understand you, I love my kitchen gadgets like kids...........but I just don't have that kind of money.

I used to be a baker and got into NordicWare. Nowadays I have to save my money for all my medical bills. Ugh.

Baking is one of those things I used to shy away from.
We're both starting to get into it now.
I may have some questions for you in the near future. Any type of baking you specialized in?

I've got a cheapo waffle iron that's deeper than standard waffles, but not deep enough for Belgian. The plates just pop out for cleaning, which I love.

I like to put Pillsbury cinnamon roll dough in it. Turns out fantastic.

I've seen all kinds of stuff put in a waffle iron.
I'm looking forward to running cornbread dressing through it.

I hear ya on the medical bills.
I've been in and out of the hospital for the last six years with repeated surgeries.
It's even getting hard to cook with using a cane. Ya dont really think about it until you experience it.
Cant even clean my own damn garage because I only have one hand to work with.

I had a little ice cream shop in a little tourist town in the Rockies. People would come to town to see the donkeys that were descendants of the donkeys that worked in the gold mine there long ago and now just wandered around town. Before I opened I had to practice making the waffle cones. I made them in the front window of the shop. In the evening, I would find the donkeys on my way home and would feed them the burnt waffles or defective ones. They smelled wonderful.

When it was time to open, I took the transom out from above the door and put a fan in to blow the smell out into the streets, and those donkeys would show up at my door in 5 minutes and hang out there hoping for a handout.
All the tourists gathered in front of my shop to pet the donkeys and watch me make cones. I had lines up and down the sidewalk waiting to get in. They couldn't resist. I sold a million of those things!

So the Wife and I ended up getting two commercial waffle irons at the same time by pure chance so I figured this would be a perfect time for a waffle iron shootout.
As I've said earlier we ordered a Waring commercial Waffle Iron and it was back ordered and was supposed to be in stock after a month and a half,three months later we said fuck it and ordered our second choice. The day we received our second choice,the ALD,we received an email saying the Waring unit we've waited for for three months is on it's way.

At first I was highly pissed but then I figured it gave us a rare chance at checking out two commercial waffle irons head to head.
The ALD is on the left and the Waring is on the right.
The ALD came in at $250 bucks and the Waring at $400 bucks.
The ALD frame is stainless and the Waring frame is cast aluminium. Both appear to be pretty solid and of course both are made in china.
The Waring has replaceable grates where the ALD doesnt,a strong selling point.
The ALD has both a temp setting and a timer which I feel is redundant and unnecessary. The Waring has a set temp and you change the doneness by time which makes more sense to me. The Waring beeps when heated and beeps when your Waffle is done.

View attachment 594092
The ALD grate.
View attachment 594097
VS the Waring grate.
View attachment 594101
Note the screws so you can replace the grates if they become a problem.

Will be trying both out Saturday morning and see which is best. I figure we'll put the loser in the camper and the winner can stay home.
The dogs are going to be extremely happy eating the failures.

I'll continue tomorrow when we get out of bed.
Are you ambidextrous?

Forum List

Back