Cracker Barrel

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
My friend invited me out to breakfast with them next month and I haven't been there in years. They say that they have really good pancakes, and the hot chocolate is to die for! (I just saw on their website that they have cookies and cream. :D) Has anybody eaten their recently? What do you think about it? I was just talking to somebody about it today and they had me thinking I was going crazy because they didn't remember Cracker Barrel having actual barrels full of crackers in their restaurants, but I looked it up directly afterwards and I was sort of amazed to see forty-five of fifty states has them. (I'm guessing that they're probably wrapped inside of them though.) At least I wasn't going crazy after all though. :badgrin:

My friend invited me out to breakfast with them next month and I haven't been there in years. They say that they have really good pancakes, and the hot chocolate is to die for! (I just saw on their website that they have cookies and cream. :D) Has anybody eaten their recently? What do you think about it? I was just talking to somebody about it today and they had me thinking I was going crazy because they didn't remember Cracker Barrel having actual barrels full of crackers in their restaurants, but I looked it up directly afterwards and I was sort of amazed to see forty-five of fifty states has them. (I'm guessing that they're probably wrapped inside of them though.) At least I wasn't going crazy after all though. :badgrin:
We have one near us (100 miles) and we go there when in the area and looking for good comfort food. However, I just learned that their retail offerings in grocery stores are subsidiary of Smithfield Farms--Chinese company.

A friend of mine loved the place. I thought it was good, but not outstanding, though I only ever get the chicken fried steak dinner or the chicken fried steak and egg breakfast when I go there so I haven't had much of the menu. Their hams are too salty for my tastes.

There's a couple in my AO, pretty pedestrian. The last time I went to one the chicken-n-dumplins were cold. I could not abide that.....I swear they used to be a lot better but they taste like those canned Sweet Sue dumplings now.

Don't get me wrong I like the canned dumplings on occasion but why go and wade through a bunch of geriatrics for something I can fix at home for $2.50?

large_14e7c2b9-68db-4820-81a7-1c19ece75420.JPG

Been almost 2 years for me, the wife loved Cracker Barrel, her favorite was the hashbrown casserole. We almost never had breakfast there basically because neither one of us were big breakfast eaters.

Food is good for the mass restaurant chain---fattening, but good except their cornbread--I think they use baking soda instead of baking powder which leaves that bitter nasty taste. Side Salads are big and always fresh with good dressings. And their gimmick is selling merchandise as you gotta walk through the country store to get to the food.

A lot of angry obese black women graze there and destroy the joint if sumptin is wrong it seems

There are 4 of them around here. The one with the angry obese black woman running the grill is the best one to eat at here. She's been there forever, which may be why she's angry.

Food is good for the mass restaurant chain---fattening, but good except their cornbread
It's really hard to find good cornbread.

For some reason it always tastes like cake.

I just like it regular without sugar in it.

Baked in a good cast iron skillet in the oven.

There are 4 of them around here. The one with the angry obese black woman running the grill is the best one to eat at here. She's been there forever, which may be why she's angry.
Never ate at one or Perkins I can remember. Basically not a big pan cake person is the reason

Probably Shoneys is my favorite kind of breakfast place

Forum List

Back