"Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts"

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts
  • A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

So let's take the politics out of this mask thing and get healthy again!
Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

Of course the difference being, that seat belts do actually make a difference.....

AND....

The left-wing wasn't arrogant jerks about it. We all just learned, and were convinced over time, that seat belts are effective.

Part of the reason people are refusing to wear masks, is because the left-wing has turned into a bunch of complete and total assholes.

When you guys run around screaming at people, they are less likely to comply. We are a land based on freedom, and you guys have gone from trying to communicate positions, to just screaming and yelling. Well... screw you. :)

Democrats are of the belief if they don't like something, you shouldn't have it either. If they like something, you must like it too.

Or even if they do like it, but don't have it and you do, then they want to take it from you, because if they can't have a good thing, you shouldn't have a good thing either.

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

• A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

Driving a car is not a Constitutional right, you blithering idiot.
Nor is going to work or the store without a mask on you fucking retard.
I can choose not to go to a store, and if my employer mandates it that is his right.

The Govt has no authority to force people to wear a mask, idiot.
That has nothing to do with the point.

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask. All they have to do is start charging your asses with attempted murder or assault.
The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask.

Cite what gives them that authority.
Congress.

Nope.
Its definitely coming if this shit keeps happening. The cops are looking for this bitch.

so now youre promoting fascism,,,

I'm promoting legal action against people that obviously dont give a shit about other people catching their potentially deadly viruses and germs.

so you want the democrat party arrested???

my how fascist of you,,,

I want any party arrested for not wearing a mask in public.

Great. Why don't we start with the protesters?

Because almost all the protesters I saw had on masks. I think we should start with everyone that doesnt wear a mask.

Start what?

all your doing is proving youre more of a fascist than trump,,,

And all you're doing is proving him right. Not just seat belts, but motor cycle helmets, bicycle helmets.

Tell me, when you have sex, do you wear a condom to protect yourself from disease, or do you stand on your right to go bareback? If yes, when did you start doing that? Before AIDS or after?
could you please stay on topic,,, your incoherent rants are confusing,,,

and since you ask I have never worn a condom in 40 yrs of giving women what they want,,,

I'm right on topic. You wouldn't have bothered to insult me if I hadn't nailed your stupid ass to the wall on the topic. Why is it that you fools immediately attack someone's sexuality as a form of insult? How you chose to attack someone says far more about you than it does about the person you think you're insulting.

People who refuse to follow the health guidelines are immature and lacking in self-esteem - "oppositional behaviour" is not someone standing on their rights, it's someone who lacks the self confidence to make a responsible decision based on the evidence, and instead, are fearful that others are "out to get them". There's a lot of that among conservative supporters.

The Republican Party has long exploited that "you're not the boss of me attitude" for their own selfish purposes and you fall for it every single time. Don't like gays - you can't make me bake that cake! Don't want to wear a mask - My rights are being violated!

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.

There is really no evidence to prove that. It was only a few months ago where we were told wearing a mask isn't going to solve anything.

I do wear a mask because it was advised to me by my care givers. But it is my option as it should be with any American. Covid cases are up because we have more testing ability now, and because it's summer, more people are exposed to each other. However the death rate didn't grow.
The mask doesnt really protect you dim wit. Its more for protecting others around you by cutting down the distance the virus can travel from your mouth
so if you see someone without a mask just stay away from them,,,
problem solved,,,
Do you have any idea how many lives would be saved if black thugs would avoid those not wearing a mask? No woman over 60 would ever wear a mask.

And all you're doing is proving him right. Not just seat belts, but motor cycle helmets, bicycle helmets.

Tell me, when you have sex, do you wear a condom to protect yourself from disease, or do you stand on your right to go bareback? If yes, when did you start doing that? Before AIDS or after?

and since you ask I have never worn a condom in 40 yrs of giving women what they want,,,

I'm right on topic. You wouldn't have bothered to insult me if I hadn't nailed your stupid ass to the wall on the topic. Why is it that you fools immediately attack someone's sexuality as a form of insult? How you chose to attack someone says far more about you than it does about the person you think you're insulting.

People who refuse to follow the health guidelines are immature and lacking in self-esteem - "oppositional behaviour" is not someone standing on their rights, it's someone who lacks the self confidence to make a responsible decision based on the evidence, and instead, are fearful that others are "out to get them". There's a lot of that among conservative supporters.

The Republican Party has long exploited that "you're not the boss of me attitude" for their own selfish purposes and you fall for it every single time. Don't like gays - you can't make me bake that cake! Don't want to wear a mask - My rights are being violated!
when did I attack your sexuality???

for the life of me I dont understand how you leftist can call trump a fascist after the things you have done and want to do,,,

me not wearing a mask comes from self esteem and confidence based on the evidence I've seen,,,
fact is youre just mad you cant control me like fascist/communist like to do,,,

I can choose not to go to a store, and if my employer mandates it that is his right.

The Govt has no authority to force people to wear a mask, idiot.
That has nothing to do with the point.

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask. All they have to do is start charging your asses with attempted murder or assault.
I think I’m figuring out what made your ancestors such good slaves. You submit to authority at the drop of a hat. All for a little self perceived protection.
It was the guns, torture, maiming, and prospect of having your children sold to another state that did it. Once my ancestors got guns, it was game over for the honkys.

for the life of me I dont understand how you leftist can call trump a fascist after the things you have done and want to do,,,

me not wearing a mask comes from self esteem and confidence based on the evidence I've seen,,,
Yeah dude. She obviously stung you and you went straight to an insult of women.

how did I insult women???

she asked about my sex life and I answered,,,

Its not important. She spotted you for the teeny dick you are. :)

Its not important. She spotted you for the teeny dick you are. :)
so I didnt insult her,,,got it,,,

I still refuse to wear mine because its MY car, MY taxes paid for the roads I am traveling on. Period. I will GLADLY spend a year delaying a trial for a 15$ ticket just to turn around and appeal it after being found guilty for not wearing a seatbelt. Then the idiots dismiss it because it costs so damn much to hear the case again!

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.

There is really no evidence to prove that. It was only a few months ago where we were told wearing a mask isn't going to solve anything.

I do wear a mask because it was advised to me by my care givers. But it is my option as it should be with any American. Covid cases are up because we have more testing ability now, and because it's summer, more people are exposed to each other. However the death rate didn't grow.
The mask doesnt really protect you dim wit. Its more for protecting others around you by cutting down the distance the virus can travel from your mouth
problem solved,,,
Thats not always possible which is why they should be wearing a mask.
thats sounds like their problem not mine,,,
It will become your problem if youre around me. I had to set someone straight just the other day.
How did you set him straight? Or was it an old lady?

I would love for one of you Libnut SoiBois to "set me straight" for not wearing a mask. :laughing0301:

No law has been passed in the house and signed into law requiring you to wear a mask. It's an edict that overrides personal freedom.
Not yet. You are not personally free to infect someone else with a potentially dangerous disease you fucking retard.
If you are so scared, stay in your mom's basement SoiBoi.

problem solved,,,
It will become your problem if youre around me. I had to set someone straight just the other day.

I would love for one of you Libnut SoiBois to "set me straight" for not wearing a mask. :laughing0301:
I told him to get his ass out the store before I fucked him up. I didnt have to tell him twice.

problem solved,,,

I told him to get his ass out the store before I fucked him up. I didnt have to tell him twice.
well isnt that civil of you,,,its more like ,,isnt that fascist of you,,,

problem solved,,,

Like I said, I would love for one of you Libnut Snowflakes to come at me with that bluff. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back