"Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts"

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.
No they arent if they dont have it...then they are playing charades

View attachment 358710

The next day, that guy died.
From what?

The virus takes much longer than the mere incubation period to kill somebody.

But, GOOD!!!

THIN THE HERD!!!

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts
  • A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

So let's take the politics out of this mask thing and get healthy again!
Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

Driving a car is not a Constitutional right, you blithering idiot.
Nor is going to work or the store without a mask on you fucking retard.
No law has been passed in the house and signed into law requiring you to wear a mask. It's an edict that overrides personal freedom.
Not yet. You are not personally free to infect someone else with a potentially dangerous disease you fucking retard.
Prove I did it.

:dance:

Either way, Natural Selection needs to take its course.

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.

There is really no evidence to prove that. It was only a few months ago where we were told wearing a mask isn't going to solve anything.

I do wear a mask because it was advised to me by my care givers. But it is my option as it should be with any American. Covid cases are up because we have more testing ability now, and because it's summer, more people are exposed to each other. However the death rate didn't grow.
The mask doesnt really protect you dim wit. Its more for protecting others around you by cutting down the distance the virus can travel from your mouth
so if you see someone without a mask just stay away from them,,,
problem solved,,,
Thats not always possible which is why they should be wearing a mask.
thats sounds like their problem not mine,,,
It will become your problem if youre around me. I had to set someone straight just the other day.
try it mother fucker,,,
Come see me without a mask.
I dontr seek out shit stain cowards like you,,,
If you truly want me to try it come see me.
What are you gonna do? Shoot him?

C'mon Asslips. You're not that kind of guy.

I am.
:laugh2:

right-refuse-services-sign-s-7385.png

That doesn't make it legal. Ask the bakery shops that got sued for refusing to bake a cake for gay weddings.
Being gay isnt a virus you can catch retard.

Didn't the sign you posted say "to anyone?"
Yes. Why do you ask?

Well anyone would include gay couples, wouldn't they?
It would include them as well if they were not wearing masks. Why do you ask? Dont you know what anybody means?

Then do this: Open up a business and refuse to serve anybody without a mask. They will go to your competitor and shop with them, and you'll likely lose their business for life.

When our state first adopted CCW laws, we gave vendors an option to hang a sign on their door stopping armed customers from entering. If they had that sign on their door and you went in armed, you were breaking the law. So most stores did hang those signs on their doors and windows.

As more and more people got their license, they quit patronizing those businesses and went elsewhere. Today, you don't even see those signs in the windows and doors any longer because they couldn't afford to lose all that business.

Again, I wear my mask when in public, but it's my own choice which it should always be. If somebody else doesn't want to wear one, that's their choice too. It's likely that people who had this thing will never get it again, and there are people who have the antibodies to never get it. Why should those people be forced to wear any mask at all?

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

• A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

.....bleet, bleet, bleet, bleet.

Of course the difference being, that seat belts do actually make a difference.....

AND....

The left-wing wasn't arrogant jerks about it. We all just learned, and were convinced over time, that seat belts are effective.

Part of the reason people are refusing to wear masks, is because the left-wing has turned into a bunch of complete and total assholes.

When you guys run around screaming at people, they are less likely to comply. We are a land based on freedom, and you guys have gone from trying to communicate positions, to just screaming and yelling. Well... screw you. :)

all your doing is proving youre more of a fascist than trump,,,

And all you're doing is proving him right. Not just seat belts, but motor cycle helmets, bicycle helmets.

Tell me, when you have sex, do you wear a condom to protect yourself from disease, or do you stand on your right to go bareback? If yes, when did you start doing that? Before AIDS or after?

And all you're doing is proving him right. Not just seat belts, but motor cycle helmets, bicycle helmets.

Tell me, when you have sex, do you wear a condom to protect yourself from disease, or do you stand on your right to go bareback? If yes, when did you start doing that? Before AIDS or after?
could you please stay on topic,,, your incoherent rants are confusing,,,

and since you ask I have never worn a condom in 40 yrs of giving women what they want,,,

No law has been passed in the house and signed into law requiring you to wear a mask. It's an edict that overrides personal freedom.
Not yet. You are not personally free to infect someone else with a potentially dangerous disease you fucking retard.

Im personally free to walk around without a mask. There is no law requiring that I wear a mask. I give people their space but I will not wear a mask.

Im personally free to walk around without a mask. There is no law requiring that I wear a mask. I give people their space but I will not wear a mask.
" I give people their space ..."

Good stuff.

" I give people their space ..."

Good stuff.

Apparently, you can't comprehend respecting one's privacy. Doesn't surprise me.

Seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, or masks all come down to costs and who pays for medical expenses incurred when insurance max's out. The cost of paying medical expenses for you or one person you give COVID to is usually hundreds of thousands of dollars and sometimes over a million. Just like seatbelts and helmets, society does not want to pay for people's negligence and irresponsibility.

We've been paying for negligence and irresponsibility for generations now.
If a person doesn't use seat belts and gets in a crash and one of his kids fly out the wind and dies or becomes disabled? He may be stupid but why should his kids suffer as a result?

The intentions of our founders were never government mandating what we do for our own protection. They left that up to us. We "should" wear motorcycle helmets, bicycle helmets, seat belts.......yet when we strap on a gun for the protection of ourselves and others, you on the left have a heart attack stating were are prepared for something that will never likely happen to us.

Seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, or masks all come down to costs and who pays for medical expenses incurred when insurance max's out. The cost of paying medical expenses for you or one person you give COVID to is usually hundreds of thousands of dollars and sometimes over a million. Just like seatbelts and helmets, society does not want to pay for people's negligence and irresponsibility.

If a person doesn't use seat belts and gets in a crash and one of his kids fly out the wind and dies or becomes disabled? He may be stupid but why should his kids suffer as a result?
kids suffer all the time from their parents stupidity,,,just look at democrat run cities,,,

Because until the commies rode into our country, we left the safety and proaction of a child up to the parent--not the government.

I can choose not to go to a store, and if my employer mandates it that is his right.

The Govt has no authority to force people to wear a mask, idiot.
That has nothing to do with the point.

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask. All they have to do is start charging your asses with attempted murder or assault.

No, they don't. It's just that you freedom hating morons love telling others how to live their lives.

Of course the difference being, that seat belts do actually make a difference.....

AND....

The left-wing wasn't arrogant jerks about it. We all just learned, and were convinced over time, that seat belts are effective.

Part of the reason people are refusing to wear masks, is because the left-wing has turned into a bunch of complete and total assholes.

When you guys run around screaming at people, they are less likely to comply. We are a land based on freedom, and you guys have gone from trying to communicate positions, to just screaming and yelling. Well... screw you. :)

Democrats are of the belief if they don't like something, you shouldn't have it either. If they like something, you must like it too.

I can choose not to go to a store, and if my employer mandates it that is his right.

The Govt has no authority to force people to wear a mask, idiot.
That has nothing to do with the point.

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask. All they have to do is start charging your asses with attempted murder or assault.

No, they don't. It's just that you freedom hating morons love telling others how to live their lives.
Says the anti abortionist :)

Forum List

Back