Beer is slipping. Here's what Americans are drinking instead

Patron straight up.

Patron is swill. There are tequilas out there which are far superior.

If you're going to drink straight tequila, check out Corralejo, Cennote and Pura Vida. Pura Vida is probably the smoothest tequila I've ever had...

The craft breweries are finally starting to make a name for themselves and they are far superior to anything made by the big brewers.

You have to be careful with some of these "craft breweries." The rise in popularity of the small craft breweries led many to sell to the large corporate brewers when approached. In some cases, the corporate behemoths created "craft breweries" of their own. The big brewers recognized that the little guys discovered a demographics thirsty for something better and they were cutting into their business. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em out... or create your own with big money and

As I am one who strongly supports the small craft breweries (I have never cared for the swill American brewers have tried to pass off as beer), I make it a habit to read the labels or search the internet before purchasing something I think may be interesting. Yes, I am just that adamant when it comes to not buying from the corporate brewers...

op semen.jpg

Beer is dying. Here's what Americans are drinking instead - CNN

Domestic brews, such as Budweiser, Coors Light and Miller Light, once dominated the US beverage market. But sales are declining while alternatives are spiking. Drinkers think beer is stale, compared to the innovative new brands and creative concepts emerging from other places, so they are craving a variety of other boozy drinks, including premium liquor, canned wine, spiked seltzers and pre-made bottled cocktails.

What is wrong with you people? WTF is a spiked seltzer? Im reading this and sensing a lot of opportunities in small companies that make girlie drinks that fit in her handbag.

Clearly you have never drunk a American domestic beer. The craft breweries are finally starting to make a name for themselves and they are far superior to anything made by the big brewers. As far as the girly drinks, you no doubt have far more experience with those, tainty, I am a man who drinks single malt. I have no idea what wimps like you partake of.

Yeah, well, I recently bought a case of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and was disappointed to find it was 46% more expensive now than the last time I bought it just three years ago. That makes it now about twice as expensive as bourbon, drink for drink, and about triple the cost of brandy. It's only beer.
I usually eschew craft beers but I like that one, although I haven't had one in about 20 years.

Yeah, I could live on Cherry Wheat, but I refuse to buy it at that price on sheer principle. No beer is worth that money and like pro sports, only commands such a price because of the never ending flow of idiots out there willing to pay it.

Domestic brews, such as Budweiser, Coors Light and Miller Light, once dominated the US beverage market. But sales are declining while alternatives are spiking. Drinkers think beer is stale, compared to the innovative new brands and creative concepts emerging from other places, so they are craving a variety of other boozy drinks, including premium liquor, canned wine, spiked seltzers and pre-made bottled cocktails.

What is wrong with you people? WTF is a spiked seltzer? Im reading this and sensing a lot of opportunities in small companies that make girlie drinks that fit in her handbag.
/——/ Sounds like a spiked seltzer is vodka and club soda. Something you can make at home for half the price, and better tasting too.

Technically Budweiser is a european company now. Microbrewing is profitable if you are the point of sale. Not if you are sitting in the grocery store case.
/—-/ My Buddy was born in County Cork, Ireland. He moved to NY in the 1970s when he was 20. He grew up drinking fine Irish whiskey and the local brews like Guinness. But guess what he drinks here? Budweiser, even when we take the wives to an authentic Irish Pub. Go figure.

Not a fan of Guinness. I prefer Foster's in a can.

Fosters is Australias Budweiser. VB is the preferred beer for the cognoscenti.

Most craft beers are every bit as nasty as Bud light

Friends occasionally feed me some high-content brews that are quite good. Couldn't tell ya what they are though.

When I was skiing in New Zealand years ago, some Australian fellows at the bar suggested Elephant Beer. They said it was good and strong. It sure was strong. Never saw it anywhere else.

In New Zealand, Montieths is THE beer. Their Bitter is probably the best in the world. Their brewery is in Nelson. A quaint little town at the northern tip of the South Island.

Technically Budweiser is a european company now. Microbrewing is profitable if you are the point of sale. Not if you are sitting in the grocery store case.
/—-/ My Buddy was born in County Cork, Ireland. He moved to NY in the 1970s when he was 20. He grew up drinking fine Irish whiskey and the local brews like Guinness. But guess what he drinks here? Budweiser, even when we take the wives to an authentic Irish Pub. Go figure.

Not a fan of Guinness. I prefer Foster's in a can.

Fosters is Australias Budweiser. VB is the preferred beer for the cognoscenti.

I shall be content with a philistine's can of Fosters

Clearly you have never drunk a American domestic beer. The craft breweries are finally starting to make a name for themselves and they are far superior to anything made by the big brewers. As far as the girly drinks, you no doubt have far more experience with those, tainty, I am a man who drinks single malt. I have no idea what wimps like you partake of.
I am a beer drinker and have almost never tasted a craft beer that I like. Too bitter and strong.

Beer is for pre-pubescent doing yard work and stuff for pops.
151 straight is for men.
Blantons and diet pepsi for gurlz

I see more young people drinking distilled spirits more than ever.

I know a lot of 20 and 30 somethings that prefer bourbon and other distilled liquors either straight up or in cocktails

I'm a bourbon drinker, myself but when I was young I drank mostly beer.

You can't keep a flask of beer in your pocket either so one more reason to switch to the hard stuff

Forum List

Back