Beer is slipping. Here's what Americans are drinking instead

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Beer is dying. Here's what Americans are drinking instead - CNN

Domestic brews, such as Budweiser, Coors Light and Miller Light, once dominated the US beverage market. But sales are declining while alternatives are spiking. Drinkers think beer is stale, compared to the innovative new brands and creative concepts emerging from other places, so they are craving a variety of other boozy drinks, including premium liquor, canned wine, spiked seltzers and pre-made bottled cocktails.

What is wrong with you people? WTF is a spiked seltzer? Im reading this and sensing a lot of opportunities in small companies that make girlie drinks that fit in her handbag.

Domestic brews, such as Budweiser, Coors Light and Miller Light, once dominated the US beverage market. But sales are declining while alternatives are spiking. Drinkers think beer is stale, compared to the innovative new brands and creative concepts emerging from other places, so they are craving a variety of other boozy drinks, including premium liquor, canned wine, spiked seltzers and pre-made bottled cocktails.

What is wrong with you people? WTF is a spiked seltzer? Im reading this and sensing a lot of opportunities in small companies that make girlie drinks that fit in her handbag.

Clearly you have never drunk a American domestic beer. The craft breweries are finally starting to make a name for themselves and they are far superior to anything made by the big brewers. As far as the girly drinks, you no doubt have far more experience with those, tainty, I am a man who drinks single malt. I have no idea what wimps like you partake of.

/——/ Spiked seltzer is vodka and club soda with some flavin tossed in. You could make it home for a fraction of the retail price.

Clearly you have never drunk a American domestic beer. The craft breweries are finally starting to make a name for themselves and they are far superior to anything made by the big brewers. As far as the girly drinks, you no doubt have far more experience with those, tainty, I am a man who drinks single malt. I have no idea what wimps like you partake of.

Yeah, well, I recently bought a case of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and was disappointed to find it was 46% more expensive now than the last time I bought it just three years ago. That makes it now about twice as expensive as bourbon, drink for drink, and about triple the cost of brandy. It's only beer.

Being a Wisconsin native, my wife likes those sheeshy weird-flavored craft beers, that everybody seems to be making in a washtub in their bathroom.

I don't. Grapefruit, cranberry, and watermelon flavored beer is just nasty. Give me my Bud, Miller, Hamm's, Lone Star, or Schlitz any day. Or if I feel fancy, Tecate, or another one of those meskin beers.

Being a Wisconsin native, my wife likes those sheeshy weird-flavored craft beers, that everybody seems to be making in a washtub in their bathroom.

I don't. Grapefruit, cranberry, and watermelon flavored beer is just nasty. Give me my Bud, Miller, Hamm's, Lone Star, or Schlitz any day. Or if I feel fancy, Tecate, or another one of those meskin beers.
Bud, Miller, etc. are good for washing your hands......that's about it.

/——/ Spiked seltzer is vodka and club soda with some flavin tossed in. You could make it home for a fraction of the retail price.

Funny you say that. Years ago I tried some pricey, exotic blue fruity liqueur called Hpnotiq that I liked very much and found that I can make a very close analogy of it with nothing more than some cheap brandy thrown in with passion fruit juice. Sure, you can play around for a lot more trouble adding mango, vodka and citrus and get even closer at added expense, but what's the point?

Bud, Miller, etc. are good for washing your hands......that's about it.
You obviously haven't tried them all.

I have no idea what wimps like you partake of.

Technically Budweiser is a european company now. Microbrewing is profitable if you are the point of sale. Not if you are sitting in the grocery store case.

Who cares what somebody else likes and thinks you should like? Life's too short to drink stuff you don't like because you're afraid somebody will laugh at you. Drink what you like and enjoy it.

Who cares what somebody else likes and thinks you should like? Life's too short to drink stuff you don't like because you're afraid somebody will laugh at you. Drink what you like and enjoy it.
I cant disagree with that but on this thread I am just looking to make some money.

White Claws are positively dreadful. Bourbon served neat for this honkey cat.

People here in the States don't know what good beer is, and it doesn't exist here. It is shite.

Most big bucket beers are horse piss. Craft brews make a quality product, but I'm not big on beer anyway.

Single malt.

Dom Benedictine if I want something sweetish.

Absinthe (the real stuff) if I want to appear hoity-toity. :auiqs.jpg:

i blame the lefts war on masculinity for this !! sweet faggoty drinks for faggoty young leftist !!

I worked in a Brewery as a quality control Tech when I was at Uni (early 80s) and part of the job was testing beers from all competitors and also brews from around the world. The taste test was usually disgusting but we were searching for flavours that were interesting. We came up with one brew that was amazing but it had a problem; when pasteurised it tasted not much different to some low ranked competitors. But we managed to access it before the flavour was stuffed up.

Greg

Forum List

Back