Battle of Bakhmud won by Russia

It was John Kirby's statement. You can find that on the Web. Not too reliable source? Maybe, but you have the same.
It's out of context - John Kirby is either stupid or he referred to the total number - which adds to around 50,000 from June last year to now.
Maybe, but I would not too denigrate Ukrainian air defence system. Especially given, what impact Russian missile attacks had in November or December and what they have now.
who was denigrating it? I stated that the UAF has enough AA capabilities - IMO far better then what Russia has to offer.
Tactical aviation flies on low altitudes which makes it hard for radars to spot and uses ammunition that can be fired from distance, without approaching the target.
The UAF still has thousands of man-pads - absolutely deadly for low flying aviation. Russia doesn't even have any worth mentioning of glide-bombs or BVR missiles.
And due to e.g. AWACS and other reconnaissance means coming from NATO - the UAF even knows when, where and what kind of aircraft in Russia are taking off.
My response was in line of your assuming 'where is Ukrainian counter-offensive'. Ukrainian officials said many times that this offensive would happen only when Ukraine got enough number of Western tanks and other armoured vehicles.
And I had already stated, IMO any UAF offensive will be where the battle is already going on presently e.g. Bakhmut- there are no UAF resources to hold the 500km front-line and simultaneously attack a mass somewhere else. If they do -initial progress - and then it will end in a disaster for the UAF.
Not sure why Israel is given so much an attention here. If you think that in Ukraine people view this war in a Terminator movie way, then try to think again. Try this bullshit with someone else.
Most experienced military in the world - fighting for survival, top grade military stuff - excelent tacticians - and never lost a war or battle in the past 75 years.

The shells deficit was likely a Prigozhin's invention for media hype and a mean for pressing Russian military officials to provide more ammunition. At least, Russian artillery didn't scale down their activity in any given time of the Wagner offensive
Actually I don't think that Wagner Group was ever short on ammunition....they completely destroyed Bakhmut with what they had Available to them. However, I do believe that Prigozhin was signaling in coded language that he was short on manpower and that he wanted to have command Authority over regular Russian military brigades to add to their ranks in order to overwhelm the Ukranians.

Especially when he ran out of prisoners he could use as cannon fodder to discover the locations of Ukrainian soldier bunkers hidden in the city.

It's out of context - John Kirby is either stupid or he referred to the total number - which adds to around 50,000 from June last year to now
As one of the sources.
No, he was talking about the current number.

The UAF still has thousands of man-pads - absolutely deadly for low flying aviation. Russia doesn't even have any worth mentioning of glide-bombs or BVR missiles.
And due to e.g. AWACS and other reconnaissance means coming from NATO - the UAF even knows when, where and what kind of aircraft in Russia are taking off
Actually, they have. And at least since March they widely use their JDAM analogue.

And I had already stated, IMO any UAF offensive will be where the battle is already going on presently e.g. Bakhmut- there are no UAF resources to hold the 500km front-line and simultaneously attack a mass somewhere else. If they do -initial progress - and then it will end in a disaster for the UAF
I agree with that. I don't believe in a wide offensive along all of the frontline or at least something similar with Kharkiv counter-offensive.

Maybe some taking, or more correctly retaking, positions around Bakhmut or Donetsk or in Svatove-Kreminna direction.

Most experienced military in the world - fighting for survival, top grade military stuff - excelent tacticians - and never lost a war or battle in the past 75 years
Israel is playing its own game in the Middle East. And they still view Russia as a 'partner' there.

Though, some former military or intelligence experts can take part in that, informally. I think that foreign military advisors play significant role already.

Actually I don't think that Wagner Group was ever short on ammunition....they completely destroyed Bakhmut with what they had Available to them. However, I do believe that Prigozhin was signaling in coded language that he was short on manpower and that he wanted to have command Authority over regular Russian military brigades to add to their ranks in order to overwhelm the Ukranians.

Especially when he ran out of prisoners he could use as cannon fodder to discover the locations of Ukrainian soldier bunkers hidden in the city.
It was all for a show. His claims about ammunition shortage. His threats to withdraw from Bakhmut till 10th May.

Prigozhin is trying to play some game. It is unknown still whether it is his own game or he is being used by some powerful players in Moscow.

It was all for a show. His claims about ammunition shortage. His threats to withdraw from Bakhmut till 10th May.

Prigozhin is trying to play some game. It is unknown still whether it is his own game or he is being used by some powerful players in Moscow.
It's Putin - no one else is valid to play such games in this country. Putin is more or less telling the RF - either you guys are going to shape up a pronto - or someone else is going to take over - and you guys are dead meat.

BTW - this 50,000 is total bullocks. But it is understood that NATO needs to up the numbers to a.) explain the UAF defeat. b.) to continue garnering $$ c.) to keep this war against Russia going.

Last edited:
There's one other take away from what Prigozhin said in his interview yesterday....

20,000 prisoners are now home with commuted sentences.

I'm sorry to say that even though we call Russia a "police state" they don't have the highest number of police per capita as American people do. Meaning that by the time they actually catch someone they really really need to be incarcerated. So 20,000 habitual criminals are now unleashed in Russian society. That's a lot of chaos to unleash.

It's Putin - no one else is valid to play such games in this country. Putin is more or less telling the RF - either you guys are going to shape up a pronto - or someone else is going to take over - and you guys are dead meat.

BTW - this 50,000 is total bullocks. But it is understood that NATO needs to up the numbers to a.) explain the UAF defeat. b.) to continue garnering $$ c.) to keep this war against Russia going.
Yes, it may be Putin's project. But not to tell the 'RF' something, but as warning to Russian 'elites'. Siloviki, oligarchs, federal bureaucrats, regional boyars and their numerous family members.

The main principle of Putin's vertical of power is Putin as a guarantor of safety and wealth for the 'elite' in exchange for full loyalty. But many of them have become tied with the West. Their financial assets, property, children are all there. And now loyalty is not that guaranteed.

Maybe there will be new Oprichnina in Russia (you can Google what that means). And Prigozhin as one of leaders of that movement.

50,000. May be true, may be not. This claim was made in January, four months before Ukrainian withdrawal from Bakhmut. Hopefully, this war will end in the course of this year ( the war, not Russia- Ukraine conflict that may last for decades) and many numbers and events will become known.

No. Even with nukes, it won't change anything. The 4th gen fighters are totally useless against S-400 and Su-57, especially without ground infrastructure and AWACS...
As usual, you post nothing but bullshit. No one is using nukes and the su 57 was never fully developed so there are only a few of them in existence and no one knows what they are capable of since they have never been tested in combat. The su 35 is the most advanced fighter Russia is using in Ukraine, and on paper it is only slightly more advanced than the F 16's Ukraine is likely to get and probably inferior to the fully upgraded F 16's.

The S 400 has only a limited range and if one of them becomes an obstacle, it will have to be destroyed.

Well worth the time, Russia's goal is to permanently make Ukraine a neutralized rump state, taking Odessa, Kharkov and those oblasts, @ ~ 29:00 he says the Ukrainians don't want to launch counteroffensive though they are being pushed by the West to do it.

Or when NATO comes to its senses and withdraws. Not only from Ukraine, of course.
Or when the Russians decide that is more safe to attack the USA directly.
NATO is not in this war; Russia has been pushed into survival mode by the Ukrainians. It is not clear that Russia will survive this war with Ukraine, but it certainly would not survive any war with the US.

With the sheer volume of blatant lies Russia puts out on a daily basis and even has gone to the extent of hiring professional liars to troll Social Media networks....

How can we believe ANYTHING Russia claims?

If you place the Goebbels scholar and Putin on top off each other - even then both would be buried in propaganda shit above their heads.
What makes you belief that either of them pertains to facts, or lies less?

Maybe there will be new Oprichnina in Russia (you can Google what that means). And Prigozhin as one of leaders of that movement.
Those who actually - directly ruled Slavic lands - respectively the former Czarist Russian territory incl. Romania and Serbia for the past 500 years and right down to the Kiev-Rus Federation, were the Bojare's (бояре) or (боляри) - mostly constituting out of the born nobility and rich merchants aspiring to become Bojars or actually were elevated to Bojar status.

This system has in principle never changed in the past 1300 years until today (or in other words; has been cemented into Slavic society for 1300 years) - even if e.g. Romania, Poland, Hungary, Russia or Ukraine is termed to be democratic - the guys running those countries are all based on this former Bojar class system. Upgraded and further refined during Zar Peter the Great by officially classifying the 14 ranks that run the Empire. This hereditary ruling system was only disrupted via the Communists - who created their own Bojars, aka Party Chairman/Commissioners or party Vice chairman's - whilst trying to exterminate and disown as many "original" Bojars as possible - but who had also managed to flee into the West.

Upon the dissolution of the Communist parties in those former Communist states - the new head honchos instituted their comeback according to this Bojar system and most or many of those pulling the strings being very wealthy survivors/descendants of these former Bojar families - living in the West.

As I had stated earlier on - I am personally acquainted with one of these "original" Ukrainian Bojars since 1992, who was part of the Bojar circle that had instituted the Ukrainian President - Kravchuk in 1991. (factually a Polish communist Bojar) and replaced him with an Ukrainian Communist Bojar, Kuschma in 1994. The people who are factually pulling and holding the strings in Ukraine, are ALL "original" Ukrainian Bojars who came back out of exile from the West or still reside in the West.

These new Bojars - reject Democracy and Communism - but will/are making use of democracy to cement their positions. Ukraine is an absolute perfect classic example of this Bojar construct - just as the country itself is a construct of these people/Bojars.

Today this Bojar system has been verbally simplified and distorted via the term Oligarchs - Putin is the present head honcho - or Head Bojar in Russia - stressing his claim to be the Czar of all Bojars. The Goebbels scholar is now self elevated since 2020 into the rank of a Head-Bojar (also behaves accordingly) - but still is controlled/entangled and partially rejected by the Ukrainian and Polish Head Bojars. And his position "rank" is therefore anything but stable.

And Czar aspirant Putin, simply doesn't accept a Head-Bojar being appointed without his consent.

Prigozhin is rich and powerful but not an accredited Bojar - so he serves his aspirant Czar as best as he can, - to eventually become elevated into this Bojar class, maybe even being elevated into a Head-Bojar to rule or rather preside over Ukraine under the Czar.

Victor Orbán- is another classic example of a new Bojar - having been instituted by "original' Hungarian Bojars residing in the West. Same goes for e.g. Poland.

Since you are an Ukrainian - you should actually be aware about this.

Really? until yesterday you were a member of this propaganda band wagon that continuously harped onto that propaganda shit. And you still do, see your last statement.

NATO might want to keep the war going, or at least the US military machine (which is different) but Xi literally said to the Chinese people "I'm going to get a peace treat", to go on TV and say that meant he had to be pretty confident. Putin told him to fuck off.

So, Putin wants this war to keep going too.

Really? until yesterday you were a member of this propaganda band wagon that continuously harped onto that propaganda shit. And you still do, see your last statement.
I'm independent....I think what I want until I think otherwise.

Otherwise....don't really care. I have nothing to prove to scrubs.

There's one other take away from what Prigozhin said in his interview yesterday....

20,000 prisoners are now home with commuted sentences.

I'm sorry to say that even though we call Russia a "police state" they don't have the highest number of police per capita as American people do. Meaning that by the time they actually catch someone they really really need to be incarcerated. So 20,000 habitual criminals are now unleashed in Russian society. That's a lot of chaos to unleash.
Actually, no. There are 242 police officers per 100k of people in the USA, and 516 police officers per 100k in the Russian Federation (say nothing about Rosguard, FSB, private security companies and others).

NATO might want to keep the war going, or at least the US military machine (which is different) but Xi literally said to the Chinese people "I'm going to get a peace treat", to go on TV and say that meant he had to be pretty confident. Putin told him to fuck off.

So, Putin wants this war to keep going too.
Almost nobody (including Putin) wants a war. The only question is what kind of peace is acceptable.

Forum List

Back