Basically, atheists, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, are shit out of luck

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
There's only one way to heaven, and that's through faith in Jesus Christ.

There's only one way to heaven, and that's through faith in Jesus Christ.

Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too! - Living ...
www.catholic.org/news/hf/faith/story.php?id=51077
Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too! .... Francis based his homily on the message of Christ to his disciples taken from the Gospel of Mark. ..... non-believers, and that through the truth of God and his goodness we will ...
How can Christians say Jesus is the only way to God?
How can Christians say Jesus is the only way to God?
If Islam is correct, the billions of non-Muslims are wrong; if Orthodox Judaism is correct ... Christianity does not teach that only Christiansdeserve to go to heaven.
Christ Didn't Condemn Non-Christians to Hell - Life, Hope & Truth
https://lifehopeandtruth.com/life/...hell/christ-didnt-condemn-non-christians-to-hell/
... firmly believe that anyone who has ever died without accepting Christ willburn in hell forever. ... Have they missed their only chance—only to go to hell?

>>Hebrews 11, the "Hall of Faith," clearly proclaims that the faith of the Old Testaments saints was in the God who they knew — the God of Promise. This chapter commends the faith of Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham and Sara. Verse 6 reminds us that "without faith it is impossible to please [God]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." The Old Testament saints pleased God by their faith in Him and His promises, not their works. However, their works were a demonstration of their faith. Verse 13 tells that "These all [the Old Testament saints mentioned] died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."<<

Pope Francis is wrong. Jesus himself said he's the only way to the Father. I believe Jesus.

Boy! Are YOU in for a big, fat surprise.

I'd tell you why, but I hate spoilers.

Well, it would be wonderful if everyone could go to heaven, but that's just not going to happen. And wishful thinking is not going to make it happen.

So everyone has a choice. Believe in Jesus, obey the Commandments, do good works, and go to heaven.

Or not.

But no one can say that the choice wasn't theirs to make, because it is.

Thanks for the info. If someone was born in a country where christianity isn't the main religion, and they haven't been taught the same things as you while growing up, are all those hundreds of millions of people just fucked? Why do you think Jesus is so pissed at them?

Well, it would be wonderful if everyone could go to heaven, but that's just not going to happen. And wishful thinking is not going to make it happen.

So everyone has a choice. Believe in Jesus, obey the Commandments, do good works, and go to heaven.

Or not.

a rose by any other name........

does not matter what you call god or how you pray

it only matter if your life was lived well and you did not intentionally seek to hurt others

your deeds vs transgression are weight

No one faith or denomination has exclusivity to god or heaven

Your bigotry will likely make you wait or ticket to other destination instead

Or not.

Hon, you need to go do some more reading of the Holy Book, study, put on your sackcloth (humble yourself) and do lots of praying. The kingdom of heaven is in you, read the scriptures (hint Luke). You cannot bring Christ down or raise yourself to heaven, again read the scriptures (hint Romans).

Jesus died so we could hunt colored eggs and women could wear funny hats.

Or not.

it only matter if your life was lived well and you did not intentionally seek to hurt others

If I'm a bigot, so is Jesus. He's the one who said we have to believe in him to get to the Father. Take it up with him.

Or not.

Hon, you need to go do some more reading of the Holy Book, study, put on your sackcloth (humble yourself) and do lots of praying. The kingdom of heaven is in you, read the scriptures (hint Luke). You cannot bring Christ down or raise yourself to heaven, again read the scriptures (hint Romans).
I've read most of the Bible and I'm familiar with all of it. And I know that Jesus Christ said we have to believe in him to get to heaven. It's in the Bible, no way to get out of it with wishful thinking about good pagans who live in China.

Or not.

I've read most of the Bible and I'm familiar with all of it. And I know that Jesus Christ said we have to believe in him to get to heaven. It's in the Bible, no way to get out of it with wishful thinking about good pagans who live in China.
Only God knows the hearts of men and you are missing a lot of the scripture in your zeal to spread your interpretation and precepts.

Or not.

Only God knows the hearts of men and you are missing a lot of the scripture in your zeal to spread your interpretation and precepts.
I have no zeal at all, I'm only a mediocre Christian, at best. But I do know what it says in the Bible, only people who believe Jesus can go to heaven. A lot of Christians want to avoid that teaching with wishful thinking about virtuous pagans, but really it's no dice. Catholicism is even more hard core, an unbaptized baby doesn't go to heaven either. Really, it's enough to make you want to puke when you consider all the abortions there are, all of them unbaptized babies, denied heaven because of the selfishness of their parents. It's one of the reasons abortion is so important to me.

Or not.

If I'm a bigot, so is Jesus. He's the one who said we have to believe in him to get to the Father. Take it up with him.

Not for you to judge to banish anyone from heaven. Prejudice of others

>>
James 2:1-26 ESV / 151 helpful votes
My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him? ...

Ephesians 4:32 ESV / 132 helpful votes
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

John 13:34-35 ESV / 77 helpful votes
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Matthew 7:1-5 ESV / 75 helpful votes
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Colossians 3:11 ESV / 41 helpful votes
Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.

Acts 10:34 ESV / 30 helpful votes
So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,

Mark 12:31 ESV / 28 helpful votes
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 14:1-23 ESV / 10 helpful votes
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

Proverbs 11:27 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor, but evil comes to him who searches for it.

Ephesians 2:1-22 ESV / 7 helpful votes
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— ...

Acts 10:34-35 ESV / 5 helpful votes
So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

John 7:24 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Amos 5:24 ESV / 5 helpful votes
But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.

James 2:9 ESV / 4 helpful votes
But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.

James 4:10 ESV / 3 helpful votes
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

James 4:6 ESV / 3 helpful votes
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

James 2:8 ESV / 3 helpful votes
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

James 2:4 ESV / 3 helpful votes
Have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Mark 7:25-30 ESV / 3 helpful votes
But immediately a woman whose little daughter had an unclean spirit heard of him and came and fell down at his feet. Now the woman was a Gentile, a Syrophoenician by birth. And she begged him to cast the demon out of her daughter. And he said to her, “Let the children be fed first, for it is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.” But she answered him, “Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs.” And he said to her, “For this statement you may go your way; the demon has left your daughter.” ...

1 Corinthians 13:4 ESV / 2 helpful votes
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant

Romans 12:16 ESV / 2 helpful votes
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.

Romans 10:12 ESV / 2 helpful votes
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.

shall I go on??

aris, I'm not judging anyone. I'm just telling you what Jesus said, which is that only people who believe in him go to heaven.

Forum List

Back