Barr Senate Committee Meeting Notes.....

Overall....I prefer Barr to Jeff Sessions who was totally unsuited for Attorney General

Barr on current drug crisis: Fentanyl is the new crack and it's coming in from China.

"Fentanyl is the new crack and it's coming in from China," Barr said.

Durbin interjected saying the drugs were coming over from the southern border.

"Right," Barr said.

(Pelosi REJECTS their FACTS. :p )

Barr on current drug crisis: Fentanyl is the new crack and it's coming in from China.

"Right," Barr said.

They are coming from China but being transported to The US through The Southern Border on the backs of Illegal Immigrants paid to do that work by Mexican and Columbian Drug Cartels.

"Right," Barr said.

Both can be true.
Democrats, however, are claiming (falsely) that drugs are NOIT coming across the southern border....perhaps if they stopped avoiding briefings by Homeland Security and the Border Patrol.....

Trump AG nominee William Barr says Mueller wouldn't be involved in a 'witch hunt'

:clap:

The US IG rebuked RIRED former FBI Director Comey for 'usurping the power of the DOJ, a 'violation of the Separation of Powers', in assuming powers / responsibilities NOT given to the Director of the FBI, in declaring Hillary Clinton would not be recommended for indictment.

Barr was just asked if he had ever seen such a move, had ever seen a Director of the FBI 'usurp' the DOJ's power / authority:

"Cornyn asked if Barr has ever seen a situation where a FBI director will usurp a decision.

"No, I have never seen anything like that before and I thought it was weird at the time," Barr said. He said he recalled former Attorney General Loretta Lynch considering recusing herself.

Barr said if an attorney general recuses themselves then the authority goes to the deputy director (of the DOJ) -- not the FBI."

"Right," Barr said.

Both can be true.

Wow, a brilliant deduction (for you).

President Donald Trump's attorney general nominee, William Barr, told a Senate panel Tuesday he would not interfere with special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation and said he made Trump no promises about how he would act on specific matters.

William Barr says Robert Mueller wouldn't be involved in a 'witch hunt' - CNNPolitics
CNN...I will stick with what is being reported on the on-going Senate Hearing where Barr is testifying / being questioned, which this thread is about......

President Donald Trump's attorney general nominee, William Barr, told a Senate panel Tuesday he would not interfere with special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation and said he made Trump no promises about how he would act on specific matters.

William Barr says Robert Mueller wouldn't be involved in a 'witch hunt' - CNNPolitics
I think more than any other candidate, Barr has his hands tied because of his previous statements

He has to bend over backwards not to show favoritism or act on Trumps rants

Barr said he would commit to providing Mueller with the resources and time to finish the job, would ensure Mueller would not be terminated without good cause and would notify Congress if he denied a Mueller request during the investigation.

On Tuesday, Barr also said it is "very important that the public and Congress be informed" of Mueller's work. Barr emphasized that he worked with Mueller when he ran the Justice Department during the George H.W. Bush administration and has considered him a friend for 30 years. And he made sure to mention that the committee has unanimously approved his prior nominations to serve the department.

"I will follow the special counsel regulations scrupulously and in good faith, and on my watch, Bob will be allowed to complete his work," says Barr.

"Right," Barr said.

Both can be true.

Wow, a brilliant deduction (for you).
ChappelleSTFU.gif

Forum List

Back