#BareShelvesBiden strikes again... Homeland Security issues warning...

Ok, explain to us why you THINK that there is no labor shortage, because I know companies that are definitely struggling with the problem.

You know companies that suck to work for, and word has gotten around about them to most locals, is all.

Sam's had Jimmy Dean's patties on sale for $2 less than normal three days ago here. Roof high stacks of toilet paper too. This after a local news station was claiming 'shortages' of both of those articles.

Don't do Sam's or Costco, don't believe in paying just to walk in the door, plus just buying for two, the oversized packaging doesn't really pay.

Went to the store the other day...Spent about 80 bucks on some food for the next week or so. They were out of a few things--frozen pizza. The rest of the stuff I wanted...all there. Easy Peasy.

Oh yeah, they had tons of frozen pizza but there is a cheap kind I like--they didn't have those.
Depends on what you normally get. Meat is getting outrageous, even chicken. It isn't that there is not food, there is less variety. Different brands are plentiful one week and scarce the next.

The best cheap frozen pizza is Jack's.

"You may have noticed empty shelves in some stores due to national supply chain issues, but there is no need to buy more than you normally would."

Nice to see you're now willing to admit there's a problem.

That they are trying to get ahead of the panic buying that we tend to do during emergencies is hardly something to criticize. Imagine if your blob had done this with the documented nationwide shortages of toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizer, etc.... instead of calling it a hoax.

Besides...

It probably was addressed to the poverty stricken red states... If you're Del Monte or Budweiser or another manufacturer of food or beverages...you can send your drivers into blue states that are masked, vaxxed, and addressing the virus or you can endanger their lives by sending them into the red states where the unwashed, unvaxxed, and homicidal maniacs are hanging out. Not a hard choice.

<sarcasm off>

I think it's an abundance of caution trying to make sure we don't have the panic buying that plagued most of the Blob's last year in office. Strange how you had no comments about those shortages and rationed items back then. #doublestandard
When the shelves are empty, and the freedom is reduced more than now you will understand.

That they are trying to get ahead of the panic buying that we tend to do during emergencies is hardly something to criticize. Imagine if your blob had done this with the documented nationwide shortages of toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizer, etc.... instead of calling it a hoax.

Besides...

It probably was addressed to the poverty stricken red states... If you're Del Monte or Budweiser or another manufacturer of food or beverages...you can send your drivers into blue states that are masked, vaxxed, and addressing the virus or you can endanger their lives by sending them into the red states where the unwashed, unvaxxed, and homicidal maniacs are hanging out. Not a hard choice.

<sarcasm off>

"unwashed"

Maybe stocking shelves doesn't pay well so less people want to do that job when they can find higher paying jobs. You could always get a job stocking shelves

Don't do Sam's or Costco, don't believe in paying just to walk in the door, plus just buying for two, the oversized packaging doesn't really pay.

I pay $45 a year. I save more than that in just one trip. What 'oversized packaging'? Meat? I have freezers. Most of the rest is broken down into cans and multiple bags, I don't have to break anything down.

White 6

We just got back from the supermarket...no pasta, flour or sugar...

And no winter storms here...48° and sunny.

We DID get wide mouth canning lids... first time available for months.
Shopping with my next customer about 25% of their selections were back ordered for months so they had to make different selections. One was available but only in limited quantities IN ANOTHER STATE. They went on a road trip this weekend to get it.

Boggles the mind how anyone could claim there are no issues

Also I goto Home Depot & Lowes at least 4 times a week for different things. There are ALWAYS empty shelves/bins/racks. Sometimes the things I need and sometimes other things I don't.

Leveling clips are CRUTIAL for products 3 to 5 feet long and I can't tell you how many time they weren't available.

I pay a membership each year and save far more by buying there. Each item is much less there than regular grocery store, plus I can save much more on items such as tires or battery for my car. The membership more than pays for itself.

White 6

We just got back from the supermarket...no pasta, flour or sugar...

And no winter storms here...48° and sunny.

We DID get wide mouth canning lids... first time available for months.

Damn, where do you live in Missouri? No shortages at all in St Louis according to those I know that live there.

Here across the river there are none either. Wife and I went grocery shopping yesterday and I think the only thing that was not fully stocked as the frozen seafood cooler, which I would never buy anyhow

Does ANYONE except feckless idiot libs give a crap what govt agencies say anymore?

If one is the the type of person to panic buy and hoard products then they will not care. If one is not like that then they do not need the Govt reminding them not to be that way.

Sam's had Jimmy Dean's patties on sale for $2 less than normal three days ago here. Roof high stacks of toilet paper too. This after a local news station was claiming 'shortages' of both of those articles.
Both of those articles eh ? What about the articles in shortage of ? My company hasn't been able to get parts for equipment, and my wife works in retail where she is seeing shortages. Car lots are empty of new vehicles, motorcycle dealers are empty of new vehicle's, and the container ship's are still waiting to get unloaded while the docks are barely moving. On and on it goes.

Yes Biden and company are trying to print and throw money at it, but that doesn't fix anything. Might slap a bandaid on it, but it doesn't fix it/heal it. They have proven that they aren't smart enough to fix it.

Damn, where do you live in Missouri? No shortages at all in St Louis according to those I know that live there.

Here across the river there are none either. Wife and I went grocery shopping yesterday and I think the only thing that was not fully stocked as the frozen seafood cooler, which I would never buy anyhow
So you found a shortage, but to hear you talk there just can't be any shortages.

Sounds like the dumbasses at DHS have too much time on their hands and more likely to provoke panic buying to me. PJ went to Kroger today. Got everything we needed, no problems. She didn't have to make a seperate trip, even to any of the other Krogers or Walmarts here in town. I do not know how it is where you live.
Shipments are irregular and I live outside H-Town and at many of the Kroger’s, Walmart’s and other stores the shelves are at time empty with a sign saying supply issue, so it is happening.

The Government issuing this tell me we are heading into a massive failure soon and Biden knows it!

Forum List

Back