Barack And Michelle Obama Ink Historic Publishing Deal With Penguin Random House

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The book deal reportedly broke a record for presidential memoirs.

Penguin Random House will publish forthcoming books by Barack and Michelle Obama, the publisher announced Tuesday. The former president and first lady will publish separate books, but jointly sold the rights.

The auction to secure the publishing deal for the two books topped $60 million. The figure is a record-breaking total for presidential memoirs, the Financial Times reported. The rights to Bill Clinton’s 2004 autobiography, “My Life,” netted $15 million; George W. Bush’s 2010 “Decision Points” scored an estimated $10 million.

Barack And Michelle Obama Ink Historic Publishing Deal With Penguin Random House

Congratulations to the former President and First Lady!

Penguin Random House will publish forthcoming books by Barack and Michelle Obama, the publisher announced Tuesday. The former president and first lady will publish separate books, but jointly sold the rights.

The auction to secure the publishing deal for the two books topped $60 million. The figure is a record-breaking total for presidential memoirs, the Financial Times reported. The rights to Bill Clinton’s 2004 autobiography, “My Life,” netted $15 million; George W. Bush’s 2010 “Decision Points” scored an estimated $10 million.

Fine by me. So long as they don't go the way of the Clinton Foundation. And of course you had no problem with book deals of past Republican President's.......riiiiiight?????

Fine by me. So long as they don't go the way of the Clinton Foundation. And of course you had no problem with book deals of past Republican President's.......riiiiiight?????
Do you EVER recall an issue being made of it?

Within a month their books will be setting next to Hillary's book in the 70% off discount table. ...... :cool:
Audacity.jpg

...even at that price it was a ripoff...

I wonder who will they get to write them.

Great move...we need more kindergarten cartoons and small animal heroes.

Who?

There is a theory among people who analyze these things that Obama didn't write the alleged autobio "Dreams of my Father". It may have been ghost written by friend and former co-worker and former terrorist professor Bill Ayers but the media wasn't interested in the theory (maybe they were afraid of it) at the time. You gotta wonder why the sequel of a book that ended up in the bargain bin promotes a historic publishing deal. Maybe there are deals we aren't aware of.

Nobody is going to read that shit. Obama will most likely fade into oblivion.

You'll catch on when they become the FIRST billionaire former President and First Lady in US history. Give it a few years, sit back, and watch.
Yeah, and let's see how much money they cough up
or time they invest, to help their own race.
What race...the human race?
The black race, African-Americans, both him and Michelle,
and their daughters, had an opportunity to become mentors
within the black community, more so, the inner city...

Forum List

Back