Banning ammo that can defeat body armor...?

Oh yeah? Where in the first Amendment does it say the government can regulate speech if it presents any danger? Answer me that

It's doesn't - nor does government regulate speech. You are perfectly within your rights to yell fire in a crowded theater. You simply will be held civilly and criminally responsible for the results. Airports post, by law that you agree to be searched and willfully surrender certain rights by entering.

Try again.

What the fuck are you talking about? It is a FEDERAL crime to yell "bomb" in an airport. Nowhere in the first amendment is the government empowered to curtail or punish free speech.

why did you cut my quote?
Because it isn't relevant to the issue presented here.
Yelling "I have a bomb" in an airport is not protected by the 1st amendment because it places people in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger.
How is this at all relevant to the 2nd amendment?

How does yelling "bomb" in airport place people in a condition of clear and present danger and where does the first amendment say you don't have a right to free speech that does so even if it did?

What the fuck are you talking about? It is a FEDERAL crime to yell "bomb" in an airport. Nowhere in the first amendment is the government empowered to curtail or punish free speech.

So then you agree that Lerner's IRS harassment of Tea Party groups is a crime.

You're actually retarded aren't you

The IRS going after conservative groups certainly was a crime and nothing I posted indicates I felt any other way

Oh yeah? Where in the first Amendment does it say the government can regulate speech if it presents any danger? Answer me that

It's doesn't - nor does government regulate speech. You are perfectly within your rights to yell fire in a crowded theater. You simply will be held civilly and criminally responsible for the results. Airports post, by law that you agree to be searched and willfully surrender certain rights by entering.
Try again.
You do not understand.
The federal government an make it a crime w/o issue.
If you are arrested and put on trial for this crime, you cannot use the 1st amendment as a defense, because the 1st amendment does not protect speech that places people in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger.

Yelling "I have a bomb" in an airport is not protected by the 1st amendment because it places people in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger.
How does yelling "bomb" in airport place people in a condition of clear and present danger....?
You don't really need this answered, do you? It's no different than false yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.
and where does the first amendment say you don't have a right to free speech that does so even if it did?
The 1st amendment only protects speech that falls under "free speech", not every kind of speech you can imagine.
Now then,, what's this have to do wuth the 2nd amendment?

How does yelling "bomb" in airport place people in a condition of clear and present danger....?
You don't really need this answered, do you? It's no different than false yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.
and where does the first amendment say you don't have a right to free speech that does so even if it did?
The 1st amendment only protects speech that falls under "free speech", not every kind of speech you can imagine.

actually no. You are the one who is claiming the COTUS is absolute, so you have to prove that it is absolute. Where in the first amendment does it say that certain speeches aren't protected?

Here, I'll help you by providing the text because clearly you have never read the first amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

now reconcile laws that limit free speech with that, if you believe that the COTUS is absolute

Actually no. You are the one who is claiming the COTUS is absolute...
You mean to say I'm the one that says rights are absolute, which I did -not- say.

Rights have inherent limits, most of which revolve around causing harm to others and/or placing them in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger - for example, yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater; the 1sdt amendment does not protect such speech because it falls outside the inherent limits of "free speech".

Now that you understand this...
How does any of this relate to the 2nd?

Actually no. You are the one who is claiming the COTUS is absolute...
You mean to say I'm the one that says rights are absolute, which I did -not- say.

Rights have inherent limits, most of which revolve around causing harm to others and/or placing them in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger - for example, yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater; the 1sdt amendment does not protect such speech because it falls outside the inherent limits of "free speech".

Now that you understand this...
How does any of this relate to the 2nd?

AH so rights CAN be limited? Which I said 3 hours ago....

So if the first can be limited, so too can the second. DUH

And this is why I asked you, three hours ago, for the 2nd amendment analogue to yelling "I have a bomb!" in an airport.
Well?

okay, let's take for example, dumb shits who want to open carry "assault rifles" in cities and such. That kind of behavior OBVIOUSLY scares people, and certainly creates a clear and present danger ; yet I've NO doubt that you defend their right to do so...

And this is why I asked you, three hours ago, for the 2nd amendment analogue to yelling "I have a bomb!" in an airport.
Well?
okay, let's take for example, dumb shits who want to open carry "assault rifles" in cities and such. That kind of behavior OBVIOUSLY scares people, and certainly creates a clear and present danger
Simple possess of a firearm hams no one and places no one in a condition of clear, present and immediate danger, as per the standard set by telling "fire!" in a theater.
Now, discharging that firearm inside an Applebee's? That's different.

Forum List

Back