Bad precedent to penalize Greene

Bad precedent to penalize Greene.
Sent to my congressman:
I fear penalizing congresswoman Greene for anything done or said prior to being accepted as a member of the House would set a bad precedent. I urge you and your fellow members of congress to consider her activity only after having joined the congress. Respectfully, Supposn

Yup. It is....wish they hadn't done that.

Why are Republicans forcing Democrats to do their dirty work for them?

They refuse to take any action against Trump or Greene

Democrats forced members out who acted inappropriately

I'm just looking forward to the day that Republican's are in charge of the House, and we get to examine every Democrat that has made outrageous statements, and remove them....Won't that be great?
Its what Republicans do. Not like they won’t do it anyway.

What Republicans won’t do is clean up their own house.
Dems have to do it for them

Oh good, now you get to show me where Republicans have ever done what Democrats just did...

Democrats forced members out who acted inappropriately.
Which ones? When?
Toddsterpatriot, Al Franken resigned his office as U.S. Senator representing Minnesota. I believed he did nothing that justified his resignation. He should not have considered resigning prior to Donald Trump’s resignation of the presidency.

Al Franken was and is more than otherwise, an intelligent and honorable man, . But I find no fault with his replacement, Senator Tina Smith. If Franken could manage to replace a Republican Congressional member, he would again contribute to the improvement of USA’s congress and our nation.
Respectfully, Supposn
Franken was cannibalized by democrats.

What about Teddy Kennedy and Gerry Studds?
What about them?

Did the Democrats force them out for acting inappropriately?
I don't know. Did they?

I'm just looking forward to the day that Republican's are in charge of the House, and we get to examine every Democrat that has made outrageous statements, and remove them....Won't that be great?
If they are pernicious as Steve King or Marjorie Green, and the Party has failed to do so, it would be justified.

Maxine Waters, Spartacus, AOC, Omar, Talib, Presley have ALL made incendiary statements should they be removed?

Sent to my congressman:
I fear penalizing congresswoman Greene for anything done or said prior to being accepted as a member of the House would set a bad precedent. I urge you and your fellow members of congress to consider her activity only after having joined the congress. Respectfully, Supposn

Especially since the GOP only needs 5 seats in the house to regain control...and they get 5 by redistricting that's already in place for 22....

Just think what a GOP house could do to AOC Omar and Waters and Pelosi and Swalwell etc etc etc etc and Schifty shithead....

Sent to my congressman:

Especially since the GOP only needs 5 seats in the house to regain control...and they get 5 by redistricting that's already in place for 22....
Well sure, the minority can only keep power by such measures, when expanding their base by changing their platform is off the table. Literally everything they do is geared to keeping minority power. You know...just like what the founding fathers wanted, haha

Sent to my congressman:

The problem with stuff like this is - precedents...McConnel's precedents led to threats of changing the SCOTUS size...this precedent could lead to threatening a minority party's independence in selecting committee assignments. Neither party is always going to be in the ascendent. I also think overall, it's a bad idea to use a persons pre-election behavior to punish them once elected. That's pretty dicey don't you think?

Sent to my congressman:

The problem with stuff like this is - precedents...McConnel's precedents led to threats of changing the SCOTUS size...this precedent could lead to threatening a minority party's independence in selecting committee assignments. Neither party is always going to be in the ascendent. I also think overall, it's a bad idea to use a persons pre-election behavior to punish them once elected. That's pretty dicey don't you think?
We would all be better off don't ya think?...if we all stop looking for crumbs under each others sheets and demand that DC work for us and stop the games....like a second going nowhere impeachment....

Sent to my congressman:

The problem with stuff like this is - precedents...McConnel's precedents led to threats of changing the SCOTUS size...this precedent could lead to threatening a Minot issag to be in the ascendent. I also think overall, it's a bad idea to use a persons pre-election behavior to punish them once elected. That's pretty dicey don't you think?
We would all be better off don't ya think?...if we all stop looking for crumbs under each others sheets and demand that DC work for us and stop the games....like a second going nowhere impeachment....

It isn't going nowhere if it shows the public and the senate the level to which Trump had sunk, and hopefully, will not be re-elected. Doing it is dicy but not doing is sending the message that once again, there are no consequences for Trump's behavior.

If they are pernicious as Steve King or Marjorie Green, and the Party has failed to do so, it would be justified.

Maxine Waters, Spartacus, AOC, Omar, Talib, Presley have ALL made incendiary statements should they be removed?
This should not be even asked. It is the norm. they are not used to people being like them. Unfortunately the media/entertainers are the biggest traitors in human history by being on the Prog side.

Sent to my congressman:

The problem with stuff like this is - precedents...McConnel's precedents led to threats of changing the SCOTUS size...this precedent could lead to threatening a Minot issag to be in the ascendent. I also think overall, it's a bad idea to use a persons pre-election behavior to punish them once elected. That's pretty dicey don't you think?

It isn't going nowhere if it shows the public and the senate the level to which Trump had sunk, and hopefully, will not be re-elected. Doing it is dicy but not doing is sending the message that once again, there are no consequences for Trump's behavior.
Trump didn't do anything wrong...its easy to say he did harder to say what that was....turn off CNN and listen to Trump's speech and phone call to the Ukrainian President and tell me what was wrong in your words not CNN's words.....not Pelosi's words in your words....

Endorsing the murder of a congress person should not be treated with a slap on the wrist.

She promoted the idea that Nancy pelosi should be assassinated,

She is also known to have regular communications with the groups that land and organized the attack on the capitol, and there is some evidence that suggests that she might have had prior knowledge of the attack and help organize it herself

Endorsing the murder of a congress person should not be treated with a slap on the wrist.

She promoted the idea that Nancy pelosi should be assassinated,

She is also known to have regular communications with the groups that land and organized the attack on the capitol, and there is some evidence that suggests that she might have had prior knowledge of the attack and help organize it herself
She explicitly and tacitly endorsed all manner of insanity over the last 20 years.

Then she lied to her colleagues in a closed door meeting about all of it. Then she lied on the floor of Congress about all of it and got a standing ovation from those same colleagues.

That's the game. They don't give a shit if she thinks Nancy Pelosi hired the Illuminati to fly drones into the WTC. They only care that she becomes the new poster retard for white victimhood.

It was reported that will not participate in rhe impeachment farce

as I expected he wouldnt
Even the Chief Justice chose not to participate in the absolute farce.

Trump didn't technically incite anything

But it can be argued that he and his staff knew or should have known how his more militant supporters would take what his said, given that Trump supporters who have committed violent crimes in the past have cited the president's own words as calls to action.

In the end it doesn't really matter. Impeachment is a political process not a legal one. people have been impeached in the past for things that are not technically legal.

Which ones? When?
Toddsterpatriot, ... Al Franken was and is more than otherwise, an intelligent and honorable man, . But I find no fault with his replacement, Senator Tina Smith. If Franken could manage to replace a Republican Congressional member, he would again contribute to the improvement of USA’s congress and our nation.
Respectfully, Supposn
Toddsterpatriot, regardless of our opinions, the Chappaquiddick case was not a federal criminal matter. Although Mary Jo Kopechne was one of the Kennedys’ “Boiler Room Girls”, they were not federal employees or appointed by the U.S. Congress.

Gerry Smith was one of U.S. congressional members censured for sexual relationships with congressional pages who were both underage and federal employees.
Respectfully, Supposn

Which ones? When?
Toddsterpatriot, ... Al Franken was and is more than otherwise, an intelligent and honorable man, . But I find no fault with his replacement, Senator Tina Smith. If Franken could manage to replace a Republican Congressional member, he would again contribute to the improvement of USA’s congress and our nation.
Respectfully, Supposn
Toddsterpatriot, regardless of our opinions, the Chappaquiddick case was not a federal criminal matter. Although Mary Jo Kopechne was one of the Kennedys’ “Boiler Room Girls”, they were not federal employees or appointed by the U.S. Congress.

Gerry Smith was one of U.S. congressional members censured for sexual relationships with congressional pages who were both underage and federal employees.
Respectfully, Supposn

the Chappaquiddick case was not a federal criminal matter.

State criminal matters shouldn't result in a member being forced out?

Gerry Smith was one of U.S. congressional members

Who?

Which ones? When?
the Chappaquiddick case was not a federal criminal matter.
State criminal matters shouldn't result in a member being forced out?

Gerry Smith was one of U.S. congressional member
Who?
Toddsterpatriot, my error; Gerry Studds rather than Smith.

Kennedy could have, but I believe he did not plead guilty or was convicted of a felony. I would suppose it may not be unreasonable for the congress to censure a member for conviction of a crime committed while a member of the congress. Beyond censure, how much further than censure do you believe the congress should go for a lesser crime?
Respectfully, Supposn

Any congressperson who has, like Greene, indicated support for the assassination of elected officials should be removed from all legislative committees. Any who have similarly expressed anti-semitic and anti-Islamic views and espoused conspiratorial fantasies and bigoted views should be disciplined and required to renounce and apologize for disgracing Congress in that way.

McCarthy's measures regarding Steve King's noxious white-supremacist support is a good precedent to follow.

Greene is delighted by her notoriety since she is far more focused on incendiary pr that attracts extremist support than actually doing the business of government and legislating to serve her constituency and the nation.

As for your specific targets, let's be specific and consider just one representative whom you consider on a par with Greene. Please present your case for disciplining Ayanna Pressley.

What, exactly, has she said or done that causes you to target her?

Unfortunately the media/entertainers are the biggest traitors in human history by being on the Prog side.
Paranoia is an essential component of Trumpery.

The Cry Baby Loser's relentless sniveling that everybody is being mean to him is received by his lickspittles with the mindless concurrence of a multitude of red-capped bobblehead dolls in a Magnitude 9 earthquake.

Boo hoo.

His fawning media propagandists aside, it was America's wide range of capitalistic media sources that regarding the reality-tv performer as a viewer magnet and gave him a free ride to the Republican nomination.

$2 Billion Worth of Free Media for Donald Trump

Forum List

Back