Bad precedent to penalize Greene

she is now stronger than before....
She is despised by most of America and now has no say on any committee. Get a grip.
Higher approval rating than Pelosi.....
Well, Pelosi could get a bump from nutters like you by espousing insanely idiotic 'spiracy nonsense. But she won't. She will just remain the most powerful representative, while taylor-greene will spend the next few years trying to juggle 20 years of sick lies to her supporters with her recent lies to her fellow republican congresspeople. Enjoy!

Bad precedent to penalize Greene.
Sent to my congressman:
I fear penalizing congresswoman Greene for anything done or said prior to being accepted as a member of the House would set a bad precedent. I urge you and your fellow members of congress to consider her activity only after having joined the congress. Respectfully, Supposn

And a new "fair game" season opens.

For all sides.

That rustling sound you're hearing?

It's the records of the pre-schools attended by every elected official being searched in hope they said something nasty to another kid....perhaps of a different gender or.....(gasp!).....colour!

She is despised by most of America and now has no say on any committee. Get a grip.
Well, Pelosi could get a bump from nutters like you by espousing insanely idiotic 'spiracy nonsense. But she won't. She will just remain the most powerful representative, while taylor-greene will spend the next few years trying to juggle 20 years of sick lies to her supporters with her recent lies to her fellow republican congresspeople. Enjoy!
Ice Cream Nancy has just two years left as speaker....and she knows it...
only 5 seats are needed by the GOP and they will get that by gerrymandering alone....

only 5 seats are needed by the GOP and they will get that by gerrymandering alone....
Nancy has never lost an election or a speaker vote. After watching your poisonous Dear Leader lose the House, the Senate, and the White House in 4 short years, i can understand how such a thing would be Greek to you.

Nancy has never lost an election or a speaker vote. After watching your poisonous Dear Leader lose the House, the Senate, and the White House in 4 short years, i can understand how such a thing would be Greek to you.
The house will flip in 22...everyone is saying it will...Pelosi will be a bad memory soon....the GOP gains 5 seats just by the redistricting already put in place....

She may have gained as a symbol with the lunatic fringe.
Of course...right after denouncing all of it in a meeting with her fellow GOPers and in public, on the House floor. That's how these nutters work. Like Rambunctious , here. He looks at her lies to her fellow party members and on the floor of Congress as "savvy gamesmanship" and embraces her dumbfuckery.

watch her destroy the media...well deserved.....she is now stronger than before....
Her sick shtick will only have show biz appeal for the lunatic fringe.

Legislatively, she has been give a well-earned boot up her trumper.

The House’s highest-ranking Republicans are racing to distance themselves ... she expresses racist, Islamophobic and anti-Semitic views.​
Marjorie Taylor Greene... called George Soros, a Jewish Democratic megadonor, a Nazi...​
“These comments are appalling, and Leader McCarthy has no tolerance for them,” said Drew Florio, a spokesman for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).​
House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) went further...
“The comments made by Ms. Greene are disgusting and don’t reflect the values of equality and decency that make our country great,” Scalise said in a statement...​

I just today found out what it was.
QAnon? And you expect me to believe that? Good god man...you have become untethered from reality, haven't you?
Seriously...I heard about it but didn't know what or who it was...someone said that it was the name of a rightwing fringe republican but today I see it was just a conspiracy theory on the internet about 3 years ago...but I don't know anyone that still considers it to be real...and I live in a town with two Thriving Trump stores.....

The real issue is what right does one party or the media have in influencing, dictating, to the opposing party who is assigned to what committee? The Dim’s and GOP assign their own members to House committees and if the GOP fails to uphold this right then what good are they, who do they serve the swamp or the people that elected them?

I just today found out what it was.
QAnon? And you expect me to believe that? Good god man...you have become untethered from reality, haven't you?
Seriously...I heard about it but didn't know what or who it was...someone said that it was the name of a rightwing fringe republican but today I see it was just a conspiracy theory on the internet about 3 years ago...but I don't know anyone that still considers it to be real...and I live in a town with two Thriving Trump stores.....

....Congress woman Greene was saying QAnon was source of facts just a month ago.

Regarding the question, “Now that the Democrats have set a new norm that cranks from the other party can be stripped of their committee seats, which Democrats will suffer the same fate when the Republicans get their next majority?”, that was posted elsewhere. I’m not in agreement with all those responses I found of interest. For examples:

I consider one of the responses, “Have you considered that it’s the GOP that set a new norm, tolerating a member of their flock who spouts nonsense conspiracy theories and advocated violence against her House colleagues?”, to be less than to the point to this thread's topic.

I agree with A Dangerous Precedent (freebeacon.com), "Republicans in Congress should have zero tolerance for Greene’s conspiracy-mongering, but they should be unified in safeguarding the long-standing norm that the parties must police their own or suffer the consequences. If the Democrats break that norm, this game won’t stop with Greene".

Respectfully, Supposn

Regarding the question, “Now that the Democrats have set a new norm that cranks from the other party can be stripped of their committee seats, which Democrats will suffer the same fate when the Republicans get their next majority?”, that was posted elsewhere. I’m not in agreement with all those responses I found of interest. For examples:

I consider one of the responses, “Have you considered that it’s the GOP that set a new norm, tolerating a member of their flock who spouts nonsense conspiracy theories and advocated violence against her House colleagues?”, to be less than to the point to this thread's topic.

I agree with A Dangerous Precedent (freebeacon.com), "Republicans in Congress should have zero tolerance for Greene’s conspiracy-mongering, but they should be unified in safeguarding the long-standing norm that the parties must police their own or suffer the consequences. If the Democrats break that norm, this game won’t stop with Greene".

Respectfully, Supposn
When a Party does not require sanity and standards of decency from its congressional members, it surrenders that responsibility to the general membership.

The GOP had set its precedent with Steve King whose white-supremacist sentiments, it might be argued, were not as anti-American and dangerous as Greene's crackpot ravings that included advocacy of the assassination of elected office holders.

If Republicans are plotting revenge, they will have to expose and target a Democrat as deranged. If they succeed in doing so, they will be justified in removing that individual from committee assignments.

If that theoretical individual prefers the pr value to political effectiveness as Ms Greene has indicated she does, he will also welcome the attention.

Why are Republicans forcing Democrats to do their dirty work for them?

They refuse to take any action against Trump or Greene

Democrats forced members out who acted inappropriately

I'm just looking forward to the day that Republican's are in charge of the House, and we get to examine every Democrat that has made outrageous statements, and remove them....Won't that be great?

Why are Republicans forcing Democrats to do their dirty work for them?

They refuse to take any action against Trump or Greene

Democrats forced members out who acted inappropriately

I'm just looking forward to the day that Republican's are in charge of the House, and we get to examine every Democrat that has made outrageous statements, and remove them....Won't that be great?
Its what Republicans do. Not like they won’t do it anyway.

What Republicans won’t do is clean up their own house.
Dems have to do it for them

Forum List

Back