Average, everyday Americans are not smart/informed enough to understand public policy

Issues like economics, healthcare policy, or the complexity of congress evaluating and passing bills go way over American’s heads.

Americans tend to hold political opinions that are based on intuitive thinking rather than an informed opinion. For example, it intuitively makes sense for welfare participants to be drug tested as a condition of qualification. The actual facts make this solution stupid, however. For one thing, drug use among recipients of SNAP or TANF is statistically low and the cost of implementing this policy is very expensive. It would accomplish mostly nothing. Moreover, programs like Medicare and Medicaid are also considered “welfare”. Are we really going to test all of those people?

Another example is the bullshit myth of trickle down economics. Intuitively, it makes sense to give tax breaks to corporations because it would make logical sense for them to invest the money they save into labor. The problem with this is that corporations are already wealthier than ever before! There is no incentive for these corporations to invest the money because it’s just easier to keep it. A booming stock market also means dick as far as expecting jobs to be created or wages to be raised. Get it? It’s simple logic if you actually knew some basic facts.

My overall point is this: the downside of a democratic process is that stupid people who have no idea what they’re talking about are allowed to vote on candidates and policy. I mean shit, most Americans can’t even name all 3 branches of government!
Not to worry... the Imperial Cheeto knows what's best for you.

Issues like economics, healthcare policy, or the complexity of congress evaluating and passing bills go way over American’s heads.

Americans tend to hold political opinions that are based on intuitive thinking rather than an informed opinion. For example, it intuitively makes sense for welfare participants to be drug tested as a condition of qualification. The actual facts make this solution stupid, however. For one thing, drug use among recipients of SNAP or TANF is statistically low and the cost of implementing this policy is very expensive. It would accomplish mostly nothing. Moreover, programs like Medicare and Medicaid are also considered “welfare”. Are we really going to test all of those people?

Another example is the bullshit myth of trickle down economics. Intuitively, it makes sense to give tax breaks to corporations because it would make logical sense for them to invest the money they save into labor. The problem with this is that corporations are already wealthier than ever before! There is no incentive for these corporations to invest the money because it’s just easier to keep it. A booming stock market also means dick as far as expecting jobs to be created or wages to be raised. Get it? It’s simple logic if you actually knew some basic facts.

My overall point is this: the downside of a democratic process is that stupid people who have no idea what they’re talking about are allowed to vote on candidates and policy. I mean shit, most Americans can’t even name all 3 branches of government!
Is this an indictment of our education system?

The 3 branches of Government?

Everyone knows it's the Elm, Oak and Sycamore.

Some are even stupid enough to think the DOJ is a separate independent branch.

Sounds about right actually.
You don't belong in my country.
Trust me, you need left wing progressives in this country. In a few decades, the effects of climate change will fuck this planet up. The leftwing (grown ups) needs to implement policies to mitigate these effects. You cons are so dumb that you believe ANYTHING the GOP tells you. If the GOP had never said man made climate change was a myth, you wouid probably believe in it. And no, I don’t buy into it because of Al Gore. Why would anyone still give a shit about Gore? I buy into it because of scientific consensus. That’s a concept republicans aren’t smart enough to understand apparently.

Humans certainly are selfish which is why social justice must be enforced by law.
Goddammit, I fucking hate you.

The progressive mantra. "We know what's better for you than you do, so shut up and bend over"

And that belief is why your party should never be in leadership again.
The problem is that you are misinterpreting what I mean by that.

Humans certainly are selfish which is why social justice must be enforced by law.

The progressive mantra. "We know what's better for you than you do, so shut up and bend over"

Then by all means, elaborate please. It's no secret Democrats are control freaks, and your comment seems to have supported that position. We need Democrats to control people because they are incapable of controlling themselves.

Another example:

It seems logical that people would work together as a community and share in the fruits of their labor. It makes logical sense that they would all work in harmony, having shared ownership of all property. It makes logical sense that they would all work for the greater good, never thinking of themselves.

But, that would require humans to stop being human.

Humans cannot avoid being lazy, greedy, glutenous, envious, and prideful. What will happen is a few will end up doing all the work and will be force to share with the lazy. Others will try to horde more for themselves. Some will envy others. On and on.

That logical society you butt fucking commies call UTOPIA will fall apart because such a society cannot exist. Humans cannot rid themselves of their nature.

So, yeah. Some idiots who think such a society can work should never vote.

:beer:

Another concept invented by regressives that will never work.

Then by all means, elaborate please. It's no secret Democrats are control freaks, and your comment seems to have supported that position. We need Democrats to control people because they are incapable of controlling themselves.
When I reference “bend over” from that quote, I’m not talking about controlling your lives in a totalitarianism sense. I’m just talking about accepting American leftwing policy because it is what’s objectively better for this country.

Trust me, you need left wing progressives in this country. In a few decades, the effects of climate change will fuck this planet up. The leftwing (grown ups) needs to implement policies to mitigate these effects. You cons are so dumb that you believe ANYTHING the GOP tells you. If the GOP had never said man made climate change was a myth, you wouid probably believe in it. And no, I don’t buy into it because of Al Gore. Why would anyone still give a shit about Gore? I buy into it because of scientific consensus. That’s a concept republicans aren’t smart enough to understand apparently.
What is the worst-case scenario if we do NOTHING about climate change? What will happen?

We can disagree on climate change, but if we agree to do what you want, does it really matter? Nobody ever tells us what we are going to do about it. Why is it such a big secret? I suspect that the goal of "climate change" legislation, whatever that may be, is to achieve "social justice" whatever the fuck that means.

We know the games because the left has done it in the past. We know the objective.

You are NOT a liberal.

I am a liberal.

Thomas Jefferson was a liberal.

You are a statist authoritarian. We do NOT need you here. You are needed in North Korea or Venezuela where you can be with your own kind.

You don't belong in my country.

Lol the consensus is a myth..you bought into a con game and what's this GOP crap? Some of us went to the 2nd grade when they were talking about ice ages and dinosaur and can smell bullshit a mile away.

When I reference “bend over” from that quote, I’m not talking about controlling your lives in a totalitarianism sense. I’m just talking about accepting American leftwing policy because it is what’s objectively better for this country.

Fuck you and your nanny state and high taxes.

What is the worst-case scenario if we do NOTHING about climate change? What will happen?

We can disagree on climate change, but if we agree to do what you want, does it really matter? Nobody ever tells us what we are going to do about it. Why is it such a big secret? I suspect that the goal of "climate change" legislation, whatever that may be, is to achieve "social justice" whatever the fuck that means.

We know the games because the left has done it in the past. We know the objective.

You are NOT a liberal.

I am a liberal.

You are a statist authoritarian. We do NOT need you here. You are needed in North Korea or Venezuela where you can be with your own kind.
Let me give you an example of a real solution to a climate change problem. As the world gets hotter, mosquitos are going to become more frequent. Mosquitos carry disease. This will cause a spike in the world over and response to such a threat may not be adequate which threatens our species. What we can do is implement policies like better surveillance of outbreaks and reducing the mosquito population through proven methods.

Cutting O2 emissions is basically too late of a solution although cutting them down would slow the pace of destructive climate change even if it is inevitable.

Let me give you an example of a real solution to a climate change problem. As the world gets hotter, mosquitos are going to become more frequent. Mosquitos carry disease. This will cause a spike in the world over and response to such a threat may not be adequate which threatens our species. What we can do is implement policies like better surveillance of outbreaks and reducing the mosquito population through proven methods.

Cutting O2 emissions is basically too late of a solution although cutting them down would slow the pace of destructive climate change even if it is inevitable.
So, a potential malaria pandemic

What else?

You are NOT a liberal.

I am a liberal.

:cuckoo:

So, a potential malaria pandemic

What else?
Um yeah and many other types of pandemics as well.

Sea level rise is another example. It is estimated the eastern coast line will rise by a few feet above current levels in a few decades. This will make the east coast uninhabitable in its current form.

Ocean life is dying because CO2 is acidifying the oceans. This threatens our food supply.

Forum List

Back