auto industry not doing well

Parker99

May 7, 2017
Why is the auto industry not doing well and auto industry sales are way down?

People not buying vehicles or people holding on to their vehicles longer? People have lack of money for auto loan so not getting new vehicles?

Why is the auto industry not doing well and car dealerships are not doing well?

Perhaps they cost too much? Some of those trucks cost more than my house did.

People not buying vehicles or people holding on to their vehicles longer? People have lack of money for auto loan so not getting new vehicles?

Millennials, Centennials (Gen Z, iGen, whatever you want to call them) are not getting the high paying jobs and most have school debt so they're opting for small, cheap (used) cars, scooters, small around town motorcycles, public transportation and bicycles to get around. Motorcycle cruiser styles are beginning to take a hit also, kids these days just aren't buying them and the Boomer, Gen Xer market is about played out on buying motorcycles. Both Harley-Davidson and Polaris (Indian Brand) have been seeing a slow but steady decline in sales over the last few years, these kids just don't want the big bikes besides cruisers are "their parent's bikes..........", they prefer the crotch rockets if they want a fast bike.

The market is changing again, manufactures have been building too many "luxury trucks" for too long now and the market for them is drying up slowly but surely.

The market is changing again, manufactures have been building too many "luxury trucks" for too long now and the market for them is drying up slowly but surely.

Yes but we have these subprime mortgage for homes now and subprime auto loans now this is not good.

And I also hear of 30 year mortgage for homes and 6 to 10 year auto loan now.

What is going on with the economy.

Yes but we have these subprime mortgage for homes now and subprime auto loans now this is not good.

And I also hear of 30 year mortgage for homes and 6 to 10 year auto loan now.

What is going on with the economy.
Standard 30 year mortgages have been around since before I was born, I'm 65. Subprime loans are not the real culprit per se, it's the potential greed associated with higher investor yields that come with subprimes that we have to watch for. That was what was at the heart of the Great Recession. As for 6 and 10 year auto loans, interest on the auto loans is where they really make their money and they hope it brings in more customers.

What's going on with the economy? Don't know, you tell me...........

I've always thought "luxury trucks" was kinda silly. If you're afraid to scratch the bed you don't need a truck.

So why is it these people so in debt and have no money to buy these cars and have to buy used cars and need 6 to 10 year auto loan now.

And the auto industry not doing well and auto industry sales are way down.

What is wrong with the economy?

Driving is no longer fun, out cities have been flooded with foreigners we don’t have the space, just sit in traffic all day

It may be in this economy those of the younger generation do not have the jobs that have owning a private vehicle practical enough, more than before. In any case the automobile culture is really highly unsustainable in this world now, it is really needed that there would be less motor travel, and more traveling that is needed would be with public shared transportation.

Aren't S.tupid U.seless V.ehicles "luxury trucks"?
In any case America's taste in vehicles is so laughably absurd that something had to change.
Reason would say vehicles that ran on renewable sources would be in vogue, but, again, we are talking about America.

So why is it these people so in debt and have no money to buy these cars and have to buy used cars and need 6 to 10 year auto loan now.

And the auto industry not doing well and auto industry sales are way down.

What is wrong with the economy?

The Federal Reserve’s inflationary policies destroy the dollar’s purchasing power. This forces Americans to rely on credit cards and other forms of debt in order to maintain their standard of living.

It may be in this economy those of the younger generation do not have the jobs that have owning a private vehicle practical enough, more than before. In any case the automobile culture is really highly unsustainable in this world now, it is really needed that there would be less motor travel, and more traveling that is needed would be with public shared transportation.

Have you ever seen the way the urban folk act on public transportation?

No, thanks.

1. Too expensive.
2. Too many gadgets that distract from driving and are super-costly to maintain.

There is a market for a decent performing, reasonable looking, relatively simple vehicle.

It's just that Obama era regulations have made that illegal. And right there is one problem with the current administration that I will acknowledge. Too slow to drain the swamp.

Where did you get this info?

Forum List

Back