Attention W@lmart Shoppers: Great Deals on Closeout Ammunition

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
As you probably heard, Walmart is going to quit selling any ammunition that goes in a handgun or short-barreled rifle. I read on another discussion board how people were getting good deals the last couple days, so I decided to check it out.

I reload most of the ammo I shoot, but I did walk away with a couple good deals.

Ten 40-round boxes of Russian-made Tula 7.62x39mm FMJ, regularly $9.25, for $4.00 a box. That's 400 rounds for ten cents apiece. My AK eats this stuff like it's candy...

wally%20ammo%20closeout1.jpg

wally%20ammo%20closeout2.jpg

Four 20-round boxes of Federal 138 grain Syntech Defense semi-jacketed hollow-point 9mm regularly $21.00, for $5.00 a box. These have a polymer-jacketed frangible bullet that used to be called "cop killers", because they supposedly penetrate body armor. Although that was really a hoax, they can't do that. But what they do is split off into three fragments, causing a really fucked up wound channel...

wally%20ammo%20closeout3.jpg

There were other ammo deals there, like 20-round boxes of Russian 5.56mm steel-cased ammo at $4.00 a box, and 50-round boxes of .45 Long Colt at $11, but I didn't have much use for those.

Last edited:
As you probably heard, Walmart is going to quit selling any ammunition that goes in a handgun or short-barreled rifle. I read on another discussion board how people were getting good deals the last couple days, so I decided to check it out.

I reload most of the ammo I shoot, but I did walk away with a couple good deals.

Ten 40-round boxes of Russian-made Tula 7.62x39mm FMJ, regularly $9.25, for $4.00 a box. That's 400 rounds for ten cents apiece. My AK eats this stuff like it's candy...

wally%20ammo%20closeout1.jpg

wally%20ammo%20closeout2.jpg

Four 20-round boxes of Federal 138 grain Syntech Defense semi-jacketed hollow-point 9mm regularly $21.00, for $5.00 a box. These have a polymer-jacketed frangible bullet that used to be called "cop killers", because they supposedly penetrate body armor. Although that was really a hoax, they can't do that. But what they do is split off into three fragments, causing a really fucked up wound channel...

wally%20ammo%20closeout3.jpg

There were other ammo deals there, like 20-round boxes of Russian 5.56mm steel-cased ammo at $4.00 a box, and 50-round boxes of .45 Long Colt at $11, but I didn't have much use for those.

That was some great bargains. Walmart doesn’t sell Ammo by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to buy a box of .22's at Walmart one time when .22's were hard to find and met a clerk who didn't have a freaking clue. You might get a better price at Walmart but I would rather spend the extra buck and buy bullets from an outlet that specializes in sporting goods.

There is no evidence that ammunition purchased at Walmart was used to commit felonies and yet fires due to deep frying turkeys amount to an estimated 15 million in damages every Thanksgiving and yet Walmart has big displays of 15 gallon peanut oil and deep fryers. It ain't about ammunition, it's about politics.

Stock up now and be ready for that civil war the Democrats are forcing you people to start.

Forum List

Back