Attention JEOPARDY! fans.......................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Sadly, if you are a Jeopardy! fan, you know about the passing of Alex Trebeck. He was an excellent host, and also had a decent sense of humor. Sadly, though, he's gone.

Today is the beginning of the airing of the last 5 shows that Alex did. If you love Jeopardy! and like Alex, it may be some "must watch" television. These last 5 shows haven't been aired before, and they were the final ones that Alex hosted for. After this? It will be guest hosts until they figure out who will replace him. Sadly, I don't think they can ever get another host as great as what Alex was.

Jeopardy! for the next 5 days, Alex's last shows. For me, it's must watch T.V.

(I would have put this in the General forum, but because it's happening now, that is why I put it in Current Events).

I watched the first shows he hosted and followed Jeopardy ever since. He was a great host. I will be watching the last episodes.

Sadly, if you are a Jeopardy! fan, you know about the passing of Alex Trebeck. He was an excellent host, and also had a decent sense of humor. Sadly, though, he's gone.

Today is the beginning of the airing of the last 5 shows that Alex did. If you love Jeopardy! and like Alex, it may be some "must watch" television. These last 5 shows haven't been aired before, and they were the final ones that Alex hosted for. After this? It will be guest hosts until they figure out who will replace him. Sadly, I don't think they can ever get another host as great as what Alex was.

(I would have put this in the General forum, but because it's happening now, that is why I put it in Current Events).
He was a cool dude. He handled his cancer w/dignity.

May he rest in peace.

Who will be his replacement?

Currently, they haven't selected one yet. Ken Jennings (the Jeopardy GOAT, Greatest Of All Time), has been selected to be the first guest host, and they are going to be changing them until they settle on the one they want.

He was a cool dude. He handled his cancer w/dignity.

May he rest in peace.

Not only did he handle it with dignity and grace, if you had watched the later shows after he was diagnosed, you wouldn't have suspected he had cancer. Yeah, he will be missed.

As Canadians go, Alex Trebek was one of the good ones. He will remain forever a legend. Thanks for the heads up on the weekly farewell episodes.

RIP.

Currently, they haven't selected one yet. Ken Jennings (the Jeopardy GOAT, Greatest Of All Time), has been selected to be the first guest host, and they are going to be changing them until they settle on the one they want.

Ken Jennings is one seriously sharp son of a bitch.

Ken Jennings is one seriously sharp son of a bitch.

No joke. Jennings is one sharp cookie. Not only did he set a record for winning the most money ever on the show, but he also won the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) tournament.

Today, Alex showed yet again what a classy gentleman he is. He talked about the problems that are currently going on, and then asked if people watching during this season of giving (yes, it was recorded several months ago), if they would think about helping others outside of themselves and their family (I know I didn't quote it exactly like he said it, but the sentiment he expressed is the same).

BTW..................for me, the boards on this show were tough. Usually I can get around 70 percent of them right, but this time around, I probably would have been just a slight bit higher than the 3rd place contestant going into Final Jeopardy!.

Spoiler alert..............................don't read any further if you haven't seen the show yet............................................

Final Jeapordy answer for the question of what title character promised another that they would have their own island to rule? Me? I guessed Robinson Caruso, and so did 2 other contestants. Another (the champ) guessed Gulliver, and all of us were wrong. The answer was Don Quixote, the Man of LaMancha.

Two of the best game show host of all time were Alex Trebek and Art Fleming and they both hosted Jeopardy.

Forum List

Back