At White House, Megan Rapinoe says she’s been ‘disrespected and dismissed because I am a woman’

It doesn't matter if she's a footballer or if she's a lesbian or what the color of her skin is. The truth of the matter is that misogyny is ingrained in our society. Why not just deal with this problem rationally? BTW: this cancer invades societies all over the world and permeates many cultures. What the world needs is intelligent discussion on this issue by persons of good will. People of good will and ethics will be able to engage in intelligent discussions about what a person's type or color of body should signify in society as we are all the same underneath.

Bottom line, they aren't as good as the men. It matters not that they won the World Cup because they lost to an under 15 year old boys team.

Megan Rapinoe took the U.S. women’s national soccer team’s battle for equal pay to the White House on Wednesday, declaring while on a stage with President Biden and first lady Jill Biden that, despite her enormous success with the team, “I have been devalued, I’ve been disrespected and dismissed because I am a woman.”

Speaking at an event marking Equal Pay Day, Rapinoe declared: “Despite all of the wins, I am still paid less than men who do the same job that I do. For each trophy — of which there are many — for each win, each tie and for each time that we play, it’s less.”
Rapinoe, who testified earlier in the day about gender discrimination at a hearing of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, introduced President Biden as “one of our greatest allies.”

Get over yourself twit.
This woman is confused. I wonder what she says about Tampa Bay's punter not making as much as Tom Brady. I am not sure about this, but I would be willing to bet that women's soccer doesn't have nearly the gate receipts that men's soccer does. Same with the WNBA. Law offices are no different--the highest pay goes to the people who bring in the most money for the firm.

Megan Rapinoe took the U.S. women’s national soccer team’s battle for equal pay to the White House on Wednesday, declaring while on a stage with President Biden and first lady Jill Biden that, despite her enormous success with the team, “I have been devalued, I’ve been disrespected and dismissed because I am a woman.”

Speaking at an event marking Equal Pay Day, Rapinoe declared: “Despite all of the wins, I am still paid less than men who do the same job that I do. For each trophy — of which there are many — for each win, each tie and for each time that we play, it’s less.”
Rapinoe, who testified earlier in the day about gender discrimination at a hearing of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, introduced President Biden as “one of our greatest allies.”

Get over yourself twit.
This woman is confused. I wonder what she says about Tampa Bay's punter not making as much as Tom Brady. I am not sure about this, but I would be willing to bet that women's soccer doesn't have nearly the gate receipts that men's soccer does. Same with the WNBA. Law offices are no different--the highest pay goes to the people who bring in the most money for the firm.

Women's Soccer makes almost nothing, nobody watches it.

It doesn't matter if she's a footballer or if she's a lesbian or what the color of her skin is. The truth of the matter is that misogyny is ingrained in our society. Why not just deal with this problem rationally? BTW: this cancer invades societies all over the world and permeates many cultures. What the world needs is intelligent discussion on this issue by persons of good will. People of good will and ethics will be able to engage in intelligent discussions about what a person's type or color of body should signify in society as we are all the same underneath.

Any intelligent discussion on this subject is pointless unless it acknowledges that the final arbiter of value in any commercial equation is The Market.

Women athletes train as hard as their male counterparts. They play as hard and they dedicate as much of their lives as male athletes. No one serious about sports cares about the color, sexual orientation, or religious orientation of an athlete. They care about the skill and dedication they bring to the game.

But, regardless of any intellectual argument you can make about the superiority of one product over another, it will be the market, and nothing else, that decides the commercial value of the sport. That is no reflection on the athletes themselves. It is simply a matter of what sports consumers choose to spend their money on.

Last edited:
She's absolutely right, she's kicking ass and taking names and for that she's hated by the bigots.

Despite of it all, she'll prevail.

She's absolutely right, she's kicking ass and taking names and for that she's hated by the bigots.

She is a shit player. But the you yourself are a Trans so you MUST empathize.

It amazes me how you are wrong on literally every single issue. That woman is hideous and is a terrible representative of America, Lesbians, and athletes in general.

Get over yourself twit.

Why doesn't she try out for a men's team?

Forum List

Back