At my age of 80 I may not see 2030... But many of the rest of you ... where will you get the following???

As regards to the US, in my link -

In recent months, several developers in the United States have sought to renegotiate power supply contracts, scrapping them in least one case

It's why renewable energy is not free but expensive. What's the lifespan of a wind farm, especially offshore, and as prices rise over the decades, what's the cost of replacing them.

Nuclear is a clear winner.
The clean energy scam needs the pedal to the metal constantly as a selling point. The logistics of electric vehicles alone is not possible in a short number of years. We have a huge number of older homes. Older row homes as an example. Not the most conducive to the green dream. People Park their cars a block or two away a lot of times and there is no guarantee at all to have a parking sport in front of the home. Teh vehicle may be longer than the width of the home also.

Aw, I was hoping you'd Google and tell me.

It was kerosene (the ultimate refinement of diesel) , and then..electricity! :D
Actually... diesel isn't the refinement of diesel. They both come from petroleum. So do naphtha and lubricating oils. The difference? It has to do with their boiling points which derive from the way their carbon chains are linked. Yeah, I was a Chemistry major (now long forgotten) in college.

Incidentally, John Rockefeller made his first million by selling Kerosene. Got that from an excellent bio of Rockefeller which I have on audiotape!

But, hey, glad to see you have your moment in the sun!!!

Now, why did you bring up Kerosene? Just curious.

Actually... diesel isn't the refinement of diesel. They both come from petroleum. So do naphtha and lubricating oils. The difference? It has to do with their boiling points which derive from the way their carbon chains are linked. Yeah, I was a Chemistry major (now long forgotten) in college.

Incidentally, John Rockefeller made his first million by selling Kerosene. Got that from an excellent bio of Rockefeller which I have on audiotape!

But, hey, glad to see you have your moment in the sun!!!

Now, why did you bring up Kerosene? Just curious.
Because it replaced whale oil. And kerosene is a step up from diesel.

No, you look at what YOU posted. Takes 4 years on average for a lease to start producing oil. That means when we became a net exporter in 2019, that was due to leases issued no later than 2015.

Who was president in 2015?

US oil production increased by 88% during the Obama administration simply because the price per barrel went up high enough to attract drilling and exploration. Everyone borrowed money, leased rigs and jumped in.

Now the industry is maturing and more cautious. They are going for stability.

US oil production increased by 88% during the Obama administration simply because the price per barrel went up high enough to attract drilling and exploration. Everyone borrowed money, leased rigs and jumped in.

Now the industry is maturing and more cautious. They are going for stability.
The big movement of gas prices this summer is due to heat waves in the South, higher-than-expected demand, and a production cut by Saudi Arabia and other oil-producing countries.

We might replace most of our gasoline power vehicles with EVs by 2050 but we need more refining capacity now. 9 refineries closed during Covid and they are not reopening. Currently US refineries are running at a 95%+ capacity. If any refinery goes down, there will be a lot higher prices that we see now.

It does not make sense to increase our number of operating well unless we have more refining capacity and that is not likely to happen.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back