At my age of 80 I may not see 2030... But many of the rest of you ... where will you get the following???

I am quoting Trump exactly..
During Thursday's White House coronavirus task force briefing,
1) an official presented the results of US government research that indicated coronavirus appeared to weaken more quickly when exposed to sunlight and heat.
The study also showed bleach could kill the virus in saliva or respiratory fluids within five minutes and isopropyl alcohol could kill it even more quickly.
(NOW TRUMP after the above comment...)
"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light," the president said, turning to Dr Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response co-ordinator, "and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.
"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too. Sounds interesting," the president continued.
"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Now Acting Homeland Security Under Secretary for Science and Technology William Bryan was the official who presented the above results...

A) An official Acting Homeland Security Under Secretary for Science and Technology William Bryan brought the subject up... NOT Trump!​

B) Trump never said as Biden lied.. On COVID-19, Donald Trump said that “maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay."
Where in all of Trump's words did he say "drink bleach"??? Where in all the words Trump used did he say "drink bleach"??? ZERO!
I'm going to repeat this because really dumb STUPID people like you still don't understand the distinctions!
BIDEN SAID "maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay."... Trump never once used the word "BLEACH"!!!

Tell me why are people like you so stupid as to make dumb ass comments like BIDEN without checking the FACTS FIRST???

Right. Trump said disinfectant.

Right. Trump said disinfectant.
Acting Homeland Security Under Secretary for Science and Technology William Bryan presented the results of US government research that indicated coronavirus appeared to weaken more quickly when exposed to sunlight and heat.
The study also showed bleach could kill the virus in saliva or respiratory fluids within five minutes and isopropyl alcohol could kill it even more quickly.
"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light," the president said, turning to Dr Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response co-ordinator, "and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.
"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too. Sounds interesting," the president continued.
"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?
Right as the above exact words, Trump said "disinfectant"... not BLEACH!
Now who actually said "drink bleach"? Biden!
Again facts with links folks!

"After months of doing nothing—other than predicting the virus would disappear or maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay—Trump has simply given up," Joe Biden says.

Biden said "drank bleach"!

Acting Homeland Security Under Secretary for Science and Technology William Bryan presented the results of US government research that indicated coronavirus appeared to weaken more quickly when exposed to sunlight and heat.
Right as the above exact words, Trump said "disinfectant"... not BLEACH!
Now who actually said "drink bleach"? Biden!
Again facts with links folks!

"After months of doing nothing—other than predicting the virus would disappear or maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay—Trump has simply given up," Joe Biden says.

Biden said "drank bleach"!

So what do you "disagree" with? Even after reading the exact words of Trump and Biden you disagree that Trump never said "drink bleach" and that Biden said
maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay
What do you disagree with?

So what do you "disagree" with? Even after reading the exact words of Trump and Biden you disagree that Trump never said "drink bleach" and that Biden said

Oh, noooo's .... after standing in front of a poster showing bleach is a disinfectant, Trump suggests exploring the potential of injecting disinfectant and then Biden humorously spins injecting disinfectant to drinking bleach.

LOCK HIM UP!!

:abgg2q.jpg:

Acting Homeland Security Under Secretary for Science and Technology William Bryan presented the results of US government research that indicated coronavirus appeared to weaken more quickly when exposed to sunlight and heat. As Bryan spoke, charts were displayed behind him about surface temperatures and virus half-lives. He preached, rather presciently, for people to “move activities outside” and then detailed ongoing studies involving disinfectants. “We tested bleach,” he said at one point. “I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes.”

Well how electricity is currently produced currently is an correct observation. I would bet those numbers were different in the past when renewable energy was just a suggestion.

Solar panels and wind farms are increasing. Water power from dams has been around for awhile.

So yes electricity is still produce by fossil fuel sources currently but it will change. I do not know if it will reach 100% but it is still growing.

Renewable energy is not going to replace fossil fuel overnight,.

Yes Biden is exaggerating when he makes his claims.

Sweden is at 51% renewable vs other sources.
Norway is at 72%
Canada is at 32%
Brazil is at 46%

Things get replaced over time. I would give you my sources by google on my PC is giving me error messages for some reason. I have to use my cell phone and another browser.
Off shore wind farms have stalled -

Oh, noooo's .... after standing in front of a poster showing bleach is a disinfectant, Trump suggests exploring the potential of injecting disinfectant and then Biden humorously spins injecting disinfectant to drinking bleach.

LOCK HIM UP!!

:abgg2q.jpg:
Would mind showing me the Photo of Trump standing in front of bleach photo

You know there's something wrong with you, right? I've already shown this to ya just a couple of weeks ago...

Trump did not explicitly recommend ingesting a disinfectant like bleach.

Joe Biden: On COVID-19, Donald Trump said that “maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay.”

PolitiFact’s ruling: Mostly False.

Trump remarked on the effectiveness of those methods and wondered if they could help address infections in the human body.

Here are his full comments:
"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued.
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Joe Biden: On COVID-19, Donald Trump said that “maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay.”

Trump remarked on the effectiveness of those methods and wondered if they could help address infections in the human body.

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued.
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Now tell us about the people who died taking hydroxychloroquine because Trump said it was good..

Man Dead From Taking Chloroquine Product After Trump ...​

1691668934535.png
Forbes
https://www.forbes.com › sites › tarahaelle › 2020/03/23

Mar 23, 2020 — "Don't believe anything that the President says and his people because they don't know what they're talking about," the wife told NBC News.

He continued.

AND the rest of the story...what triggered that statement about "disinfectants" NOT BLEACH... Biden said that..
His comments came after William Bryan, the undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security, presented a study that found sun exposure and cleaning agents like bleach can kill the virus when it lingers on surfaces."
Trump never used the word "bleach"...that was used by Biden.
Trump was looking at the experts comments...not his own experiences...but "science" ... from William Bryan, the undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security.

Why Aren't You Worried about a Shortage of Whale Oil?​

In the 1970s it was petroleum. Back in 1905 it was timber. In other eras it was food, rubber, whale oil, charcoal, labor, and tin, to name just a few. Throughout human history, from one age to the next, there have been critical shortages of resources. And in each instance, there have been experts who predicted that we were soon to run out of the resource and that society was doomed.

Forecasts of doom and gloom have existed for as long as civilization has existed. But all these forecasts have been wrong. No civilization has collapsed because of the depletion of a resource. Again and again, so-called resource crises have been overcome. And it hasn't been because people learned to live with less. Nor has it been because governments stepped in to regulate production and consumption.

Instead, freely functioning markets have eliminated the shortages. When markets have been allowed to operate, shortages have induced price increases. People have reacted to these increases by finding substitutes for the scarce resource, by adopting new technologies, and by resource conservation.

And what replaced whale oil, hmm?

I know, and in what order, but let's see if you do.

Now tell us about the people who died taking hydroxychloroquine because Trump said it was good..

Man Dead From Taking Chloroquine Product After Trump ...

View attachment 813388
Forbes
https://www.forbes.com › sites › tarahaelle › 2020/03/23

Mar 23, 2020 — "Don't believe anything that the President says and his people because they don't know what they're talking about," the wife told NBC News.
You wrote: "Now tell us about the people who died taking hydroxychloroquine because Trump said it was good.."
Zero! Because Trump never said "drink bleach", totally well known but when Biden said..

"maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay—"

How many people did die because all they heard was Biden say.."maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay"

Off shore wind farms have stalled -

well this particular project has failed due to rising costs. I would imagine trying to build wind farms in water is probably harder than on land.

You know what they say , No guts, No glory.

still the US has had some success

Falling offshore wind prices, state-level commitments, and an unprecedented expansion into new leasing areas drove the U.S. offshore wind pipeline to grow 13.5% over the previous year, with 40,083

2021-2022

Windmills blades can be recycled and a whole new industry has been created just to handle it. I have been to a couple of sites that recycle these blades. Unfortunately the down sides is they probably can't keep up with windmill blades as their life span is short.

No…no I would hate to deprive you of your moment in the sun… so go ahead… share. Go
Aw, I was hoping you'd Google and tell me.

It was kerosene (the ultimate refinement of diesel) , and then..electricity! :D

well this particular project has failed due to rising costs. I would imagine trying to build wind farms in water is probably harder than on land.

You know what they say , No guts, No glory.

still the US has had some success

Falling offshore wind prices, state-level commitments, and an unprecedented expansion into new leasing areas drove the U.S. offshore wind pipeline to grow 13.5% over the previous year, with 40,083

2021-2022

Windmills blades can be recycled and a whole new industry has been created just to handle it. I have been to a couple of sites that recycle these blades. Unfortunately the down sides is they probably can't keep up with windmill blades as their life span is short.
As regards to the US, in my link -

In recent months, several developers in the United States have sought to renegotiate power supply contracts, scrapping them in least one case

It's why renewable energy is not free but expensive. What's the lifespan of a wind farm, especially offshore, and as prices rise over the decades, what's the cost of replacing them.

Nuclear is a clear winner.

Forum List

Back