Assault Weapons Ban would be unconstitutional. "A State Militia must be maintained and well regulated"

The United States constitution clearly states that a "States militia must be well regulated and maintained." A weapon of a "States militia" is an assault rifle. Any ban would violate the United States constitution.

Hate to break it to ya, but the previous ban was already deemed constitutional. But do continue the yammer about "well regulated militias". :rolleyes-41:

Cool...you linked to an OPINION of Scalia’s.
What does that mean?
It means what he said, that
...there are some limitations that can be imposed.
What they are will depend on what the society understood
were reasonable limitations at the time.”

If you believe that 1) no limitations can be imposed, and that 2) they will not depend upon what society understands to be reasonable limitations at the time, and that 3) the Supreme Court ever upheld your belief, then you are mistaken on all counts.

The United States constitution clearly states that a "States militia must be well regulated and maintained." A weapon of a "States militia" is an assault rifle. Any ban would violate the United States constitution.

No the state militia has absolutely no use for an assault weapon.

The National Guard is trained on fully automatic weapons in basic training.

I was in the National Guard for my state.

I was trained by the Air National Guard to use a fully automatic weapon.

No where is an assault weapon in existence in the National Guard.

They also have no problem with obtaining weapons. They, like the rest of the military, have the finest weapons made.

They have absolutely no use or patience for those pea shooters you idiots with a small penis you're trying to over compensate for use.

In fact, those of us who are or were honestly in a state militia laugh at you idiots with you assault weapons. You people are nothing but a joke.
Half your statement is directly contradictory with the other half. Then the national guard gets the 'finest weapons' made....

LOL. You were not part of the ANG. What a load of bullshit.

Most National Guard units don't even have the aforementioned assault rifles, but the much older M-16s.

I bet the Units that were deployed to Iraq had more than assault rifles.
Not really. The entire unit may but the regular soldier will have nothing more than their M16 or an M4. That and bags and bags of gear like body armor. Typically not even a side arm.

An Assault weapons ban would take this weapon away from the state citizens, thus negating the right to organize a states militia.

What is an 'assault weapon'?

It is a combination of two words placed together to create fear among uninformed Americans so that those uninformed Americans can be stampeded into granting anti-gun extremists the power to ban and confiscate any gun those same extremists call "Assault Weapons."

Wow....I think I just defined Assault Weapon....I am going to save this for future use...

Does it include hunting rifles?

It will...when the anti-gun extremists go after hunting rifles ......

Remember, the bolt action hunting rifle is an actual military rifle....it is currently used by the U.S. military and militaries around the world...

The AR-15 is not used by any military, anywhere in the world...

They will likely attack the bolt action hunting rifle on two fronts.....when they get around to it...

1) Hunting is bad, it is primitive and no longer needed in modern society....so no need for hunting rifles.

2) Bolt action hunting rifles are "Sniper Rifles," used for long range murder ....

Welp, I certainly don't agree with bans. I guess I'm a bad guy. :dunno:

Sneaky Tards like you pretend to be against a “ban” but you’ll usually admit that you support “REGULATION”....which can be a ban essentially.
Wrong.

The National Guard has many assault rifles and many other cool weapons. They are the State Militias, who were always ultimately under the command of the CiC. Not the private gun clubs.

"A well regulated Militia," means trained in the art of war.
That comma in the 2nd Amendment must short circuit the lefts brain or something because you people always leave out everything after it.
It does nothing of the kind; it only proves the right wing has nothing fallacy of appeals to ignorance.
go back to Mexico
The founders considered the people the militia the government doesn't have right therefore the second amendment does not pertain to government
Go back to non-English speaking Europe.

You have nothing but appeals to ignorance. Our Second Amendment declares well regulated militia a States' sovereign right.
it's not your second amendment Mexican
It's my second amendment
Government has no rights, therefore, it has no second amendment it wasn't written for its protection, it was written as a mandate to the government what they must protect the right of the people.
And well regulated means in working order as to be expected it doesn't mean what you believe it means
It is not Your Constitution, European. Your ignorance proves it.

Our Second Amendment is clear about what is Necessary not Optional to the security of our free States. Learn to read simple American English instead of only understanding European.
Mexican who fucking wrote the U.S. Constitution? where were they from
Again it's not the bill of need but the Bill of Rights being "Necessary" has no relevance to rights
MEXICAN YOU'RE IGNORANT
From English speaking Europe not from where You are from. You need to learn English of the Americas, now.
Mexican shut the fuck up

..........."shall not be infringed" Many states are in violation right now.
Wrong

No state's firearm regulatory measures violates the Second Amendment, the Supreme Court having never invalidated such measures.
it's an infringement to restrict the rights protected by the second amendment shall not be infringed
they are jim crow regulatory measures

Hate to break it to ya, but the previous ban was already deemed constitutional. But do continue the yammer about "well regulated militias". :rolleyes-41:
The undeniable reality is that regulation of firearms is constitutional. As Antonin Scalia observed follow D.C. v. Heller, "yes, there are some limitations that can be imposed. What they are will depend on what the society understood were reasonable limitations at the time.

I.e., the public has a right to safety, and opinion matters in democratic self-governance.

The Court never sanctioned the unbridled permissiveness upon which some extremists insist.

The controversy is a political one, not a constitutional one, and the scandal-plagued political lobbyist, the NRA, is now largely impotent, as it was in the 2020 election. The bankrupt special-interest pressure group's capacity to crush the will of the People has been greatly diminished.

Squinty "Fancy Pants" LaP is fighting to survive.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 12.32.43 PM.png

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a rich crony with a yacht!”

Forum List

Back