Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
George Floyd died Monday from a combination of preexisting health conditions exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers, not from strangulation or asphyxiation, based on the medical examiner’s initial report.

Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

Interesting

In other words, if it had not been for the actions of this cop, he would still be alive.

Wrong again Billy...the guy was a headcase who was terrified of being jailed.....so maybe he should have thought twice about passing bogus $20 bills and then resisting the cops.

An official autopsy revealed nothing to support strangulation as the cause of death, concluding that the combined effects of being restrained, potential intoxicants in Floyd’s system and his underlying health issues, including heart disease, likely contributed to his death.

George Floyd died Monday from a combination of preexisting health conditions exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers, not from strangulation or asphyxiation, based on the medical examiner’s initial report.

Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

Interesting
What's interesting is that the article lied. I saw the video and that's NOT the way it happened.
Further: "coronary artery disease" is plaque, which we all get as we get older, and "hypertensive heart disease" is high blood pressure.
And any "potential" intoxicants means none found so far.
And a preliminary autopsy isn't conclusive.

I think the family needs an independent opinion outside of Minneapolis.

Even if true, all that means is that when they guy was begging for help that he really was in distress, the MEANT IT. The officer should have listened. And I still don't get how FIVE big mean ugly cops can't get ONE sick, issued 200 pound black guy in hand-cuffs into the backseat of a squad car!

In other words, if it had not been for the actions of this cop, he would still be alive.

Wrong again Billy...the guy was a headcase who was terrified of being jailed.....so maybe he should have thought twice about passing bogus $20 bills and then resisting the cops.

An official autopsy revealed nothing to support strangulation as the cause of death, concluding that the combined effects of being restrained, potential intoxicants in Floyd’s system and his underlying health issues, including heart disease, likely contributed to his death.

Your gonna need to do better than Fox News.

Interesting
Did you expect anything else?

Your gonna need to do better than Fox News.
There is no better, loon.

Interesting
Did you expect anything else?

One can hope.

Interesting
What's interesting is that the article lied. I saw the video and that's NOT the way it happened.
Further: "coronary artery disease" is plaque, which we all get as we get older, and "hypertensive heart disease" is high blood pressure.

Even if true, all that means is that when they guy was begging for help that he really was in distress, the MEANT IT. The officer should have listened. And I still don't get how FIVE big mean ugly cops can't get ONE sick, issued 200 pound black guy in hand-cuffs into the backseat of a squad car!
High blood pressure can cause a stroke.

At any rate he was definitely in distress and needed medical attention.

Key here-
The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police

So blacks are an endangered species unaccountable for the consequences of leading the thug life? Fuck that...bad boy bad boy what ya gonna what ya gonna do when they come for you?

Interesting

Even if true, all that means is that when they guy was begging for help that he really was in distress, the MEANT IT. The officer should have listened. And I still don't get how FIVE big mean ugly cops can get ONE sick, issued 200 pound black guy in hand-cuffs into the backseat of a squad car!

Sorry. The dogs who are looting and destroying property should be put down.
WHOA. Dude. How did we jump from the guy on the ground dying and the cause of it, to rioters and looters! I never said a word about that! THey should all be arrested and charged. I hope you're not tuning out to be another flaming nutcase hiding behind the moniker "conservative." I just got threatened by another upstanding rightwinger and told not to participate in anymore of his threads because I dared to disagree with him!

You'd think half the rightwingers on this forum were family of the Derek Chauvin cop.

Interesting

He was and I agree. My beef is with the dogs doing the destruction.

I agree completely and because I proved, and the coroner agreed, that the man was so wound up he practically killed himself....now I'm a "racist" and don't know what I'm talking about to these fools. I feel nothing but sorry for him and his family but there are consequences to being a criminal....don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Interesting

Even if true, all that means is that when they guy was begging for help that he really was in distress, the MEANT IT. The officer should have listened. And I still don't get how FIVE big mean ugly cops can get ONE sick, issued 200 pound black guy in hand-cuffs into the backseat of a squad car!

WHOA. Dude. How did we jump from the guy on the ground dying and the cause of it, to rioters and looters! I never said a word about that! THey should all be arrested and charged. I hope you're not tuning out to be another flaming nutcase hiding behind the moniker "conservative." I just got threatened by another upstanding rightwinger and told not to participate in anymore of his threads because I dared to disagree with him!

You'd think half the rightwingers on this forum were family of the Derek Chauvin cop.

You don't decide what my thread is about. The guy on the ground may not have deserved to be treated the way he was. The Cop who did it"
1)Has been fired
2)Has been arrested
3) Will be charged.

The dogs destroying and stealing should be put down.

Interesting

Nobody "threatened" you punk....you chose words that have consequences and you're such a coward that an invitation to repeat them in person made you piss your panties. Clowns like you always play the "threatened" card because you're yellow as a Texas rose.

Interesting
I knew it.

They rushed to charge the cop with murder and they're not gonna hold up. I do hope he gets off.

Here's the thing......the knee on the neck was unnecessary he was restrained.....I think the prick got his jollies doing it.He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.There's no defense for what the cop did...As far as the riots they all should be shot in the streets.....there is no justification for it...I'd say most rioters live for the opportunity to tear it all down....They need to stop or be killed......simple as that

Interesting
I knew it.

They rushed to charge the cop with murder and they're not gonna hold up. I do hope he gets off.

He may well be wrong but we need the thing to run it's course.

Forum List

Back