Asimov's Foundation

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Just started reading this book after seeing it recommended everywhere. I think it's a trilogy.

But I noticed something weird. 15 chapters in and there's no women, not even a waitress at a restaurant or the mention of some guy's wife.

WTF?

Then I looked up the publish date, 1951.

Things were different back then.

Lots of stuff stolen from "Foundation" wound up in other books, movies, etc. The "hive city" is one of them.

Very good, even if it's 70+ years old.

Just started reading this book after seeing it recommended everywhere. I think it's a trilogy.

But I noticed something weird. 15 chapters in and there's no women, not even a waitress at a restaurant or the mention of some guy's wife.

WTF?

Lots of stuff stolen from "Foundation" wound up in other books, movies, etc. The "hive city" is one of them.

It's a trilogy, one of my favorites from Asimov.

WTF?

The Apple TV series is really fucked up with woke bullshit by having most of the main characters be Negroes and women. Of course the bad guys (Empire) are White.

Typical Hollywood diversity crap and it is despicable and makes the series unwatchable.

Last edited:
The Apple TV series is really fucked up with woke bullshit by having most of the main characters be Negroes and women. Of course the bad guys (Emperor) are White.

Typical Hollywood diversity crap and it is despicable and makes the series unwatchable.

I thought they did a great job on the TV series.

The fact that the race and gender of the actors matters more to you than the characters speaks volumes. Get help.

I thought they did a great job on the TV series.

The fact that the race and gender of the actors matters more to you than the characters speaks volumes. Get help.

It makes a difference to the Hollywood jackasses because they made sure they kissed the ass of the goddamn Negros with making almost the whole cast minority.

They created the racism with being assholes with diversity.

It makes a difference to the Hollywood jackasses because they made sure they kissed the ass of the goddamn Negros with making almost the whole cast minority.

They created the racism with being assholes with diversity.

Its funny, when someone talks about the original, written in 1951, it is all "Things were different back then". But now it is horrible that all the characters are not white guys.

Here is an Asimov quote that fits the topic:
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

Isaac Asimov was a very progressive writer. He spoke out on equality for women. spoke against racism and even promoting equal rights for homosexuals (read The Naked Sun - published in 1956)

I thought they did a great job on the TV series. The fact that the race and gender of the actors matters more to you than the characters speaks volumes. Get help.

Or maybe it just means that back in the day when all this great sci-fiction was coming out on bookshelves, such fiction was purely the domain of white geeky guys! I don't recall too many Hindus, Saudis, Botswanans or Turks in those novels as it was a much smaller world back then and characters were driven by NEED and RELEVANCE, not because of some driven PC agenda to try to make everything follow a formula, and any women therein were pretty much relegated to the covers as beautiful amazons in the clutches of martians for all the same reasons.

If Apple did as Flash says, then SHAME ON THEM AND YOU. If someone wants a novel to be about mostly "Negroes and women," then they should WRITE ONE and quite trying to reinvent the wheel. Negroes were essentially a non-starter marketing wise for novels in the 1940s, dude. Get real. No one needs "help" Ace just for wanting an iconic work of fiction to remain true to itself AS THE AUTHOR INTENDED without some woke idiot rewriting it as never intended or being lectured or reprimanded by the likes of you.

Can't any blacks just do something original worth Apple putting on their "TV?"

As for the Trilogy bit, back in the day, you went to a bookstore to buy these things and would have seen all three books sitting right there side by side on the shelf.

new-1.jpg

They created the racism

EXACTLY. By changing the story to fill it with races of characters WHICH DID NOT EXIST nor even implied when the novel was written is OVERT RACISM under the leftwing guise of claiming to actually undo it, because in the lop-headed world of the Left, every race must be equally represented even when improper, irrelevant, and not even consistent with reality, much like expecting every century of humanity to have lived according to our 21st century standards! Even judging people of centuries old by standards that DID NOT EVEN EXIST for hundreds more years to come.

Or maybe it just means that back in the day when all this great sci-fiction was coming out on bookshelves, such fiction was purely the domain of white geeky guys! I don't recall too many Hindus, Saudis, Botswanans or Turks in those novels as it was a much smaller world back then and characters were driven by NEED and RELEVANCE, not because of some driven PC agenda to try to make everything follow a formula, and any women therein were pretty much relegated to the covers as beautiful amazons in the clutches of martians for all the same reasons.

If Apple did as Flash says, then SHAME ON THEM AND YOU. If someone wants a novel to be about mostly "Negroes and women," then they should WRITE ONE and quite trying to reinvent the wheel. Negroes were essentially a non-starter marketing wise for novels in the 1940s, dude. Get real. No one needs "help" Ace just for wanting an iconic work of fiction to remain true to itself AS THE AUTHOR INTENDED without some woke idiot rewriting it as never intended or being lectured or reprimanded by the likes of you.

Can't any blacks just do something original worth Apple putting on their "TV?"

As for the Trilogy bit, back in the day, you went to a bookstore to buy these things and would have seen all three books sitting right there side by side on the shelf.

View attachment 586632

They didn't do as Flash suggested. There were a lot of white guys in the cast.

And given the subject and plot, what Apple did was good.

EXACTLY. By changing the story to fill it with races of characters WHICH DID NOT EXIST nor even implied when the novel was written is OVERT RACISM under the leftwing guise of claiming to actually undo it, because in the lop-headed world of the Left, every race must be equally represented even when improper, irrelevant, and not even consistent with reality, much like expecting every century of humanity to have lived according to our 21st century standards! Even judging people of centuries old by standards that DID NOT EVEN EXIST for hundreds more years.

Absolute bullshit. Do you think, given all the changes we have seen in the last 100 years, that the future will somehow revert to old ways?

The idea that the future holds nothing but white men as leaders and all the important people is simply laughable.

Absolute bullshit. Do you think, given all the changes we have seen in the last 100 years, that the future will somehow revert to old ways?
Irrelevant and non-sequitur. How does that follow from anything I said at all?

The idea that the future holds nothing but white men as leaders and all the important people is simply laughable.
What is laughable is that you think a fiction work of the past must be changed in order to put it on TV today, or that decisions made in the 1940s somehow reflect upon the future.

I guess if you were to produce Gone With The Wind, you'd put Whoopi Goldberg in charge of the plantation?

I feel sorry for future generations forced to read history books rewritten by PC police.

PS: I'm currently working on a rewrite of the novel ROOTS, except this time, the main character is a little Jewish boy from Brooklyn. :smoke:

They didn't do as Flash suggested. There were a lot of white guys in the cast.

And given the subject and plot, what Apple did was good.

Very few. The main characters were mostly Negroes in addition to many of the background characters. It was like the damn thing was filmed in Nigeria or something.

The woke Hollywood shitheads did that on purpose to show diversity. They think it is required nowadays and it is despicable.

Reminds me of a few years ago when HBO did the story of Troy and most of the cast were Negroes. Unwatchable.

The Foundation series was a great work of art and Hollywood had to fuck it up with filthy ass woke shit.

Forum List

Back