Asimov's Foundation

The filthy woke shitheads says it is racist to have mostly Whites in Movies, TV shows and Commercials.

However, the hypocritical assholes think it is not racist to have a cast predominately of goddamn Negroes like we see in Foundation and almost everything else made nowadays..

Here is the problem with your specific rant. When they make a book into a movie, they always change stuff. I have seen a lot of movies based on books I have read. Only one has ever faithfully followed the book. And that was Something Wicked This Way Come with Jason Robards in 1983. Every other movie based on a book I have read was changed in fundamental ways. Some changed who lived and who died. Some changed the entire setting. And some edited out huge chunks of the book. Apparentlt none of those things bother you. But change the color of a person's skin or their gender, when it has no bearing on the plot, and you lose your mind.

No, you don't get to live in the lily white world your father and grandfather did. No, you don't get to live in the bygone world where women and people of color "knew their place".

But those days are gone. And it isn't any recent "woke" culture. It has been happening for decades.

Here is the problem with your specific rant. When they make a book into a movie, they always change stuff. I have seen a lot of movies based on books I have read. Only one has ever faithfully followed the book. And that was Something Wicked This Way Come with Jason Robards in 1983. Every other movie based on a book I have read was changed in fundamental ways. Some changed who lived and who died. Some changed the entire setting. And some edited out huge chunks of the book. Apparentlt none of those things bother you. But change the color of a person's skin or their gender, when it has no bearing on the plot, and you lose your mind.

No, you don't get to live in the lily white world your father and grandfather did. No, you don't get to live in the bygone world where women and people of color "knew their place".

But those days are gone. And it isn't any recent "woke" culture. It has been happening for decades.

It is not about a particular show.

It is about the filthy ass woke culture of the pathetic Hollywood Limousine Liberals that are now putting goddamn Negroes in everything because they want to brainwash us to their sicko demented views on diversity.

If they want to use Negroes then they should use them as they are in real life. Criminals, druggies, welfare queens, absentee fathers, ghetto rat kids, etc.

If you want to watch that diversity woke shit you can. I usually turn it off. I have been doing a lot of that lately.

It is not about a particular show.

It is about the filthy ass woke culture of the pathetic Hollywood Limousine Liberals that are now putting goddamn Negroes in everything because they want to brainwash us to their sicko demented views on diversity.

If they want to use Negroes then they should use them as they are in real life. Criminals, druggies, welfare queens, absentee fathers, ghetto rat kids, etc.

If you want to watch that diversity woke shit you can. I usually turn it off. I have been doing a lot of that lately.

Sorry, the only "filthy" is the ignorant white trash that thinks the color of your skin is anything but a trivial personal characteristic.

But yeah, turn it off. Then you can avoid seeing successful artists of color. Makes it easier to maintain your "Criminals, druggies, welfare queens, absentee fathers, ghetto rat kids, etc" nonsense.

Really? Most of the old stuff from the 50's didnt mention race at all unless it had a point to the story.

They didn't have to. White authors, white characters on the covers and white buyers. See any black people in 2001 A Space Odyssey? Was Clarke racist? Or even 2010? What about the movie Dune from 1984? Was there a single black person there? Maybe Herbert was racist too. Can you name a black sci-fi writer from the 50s thru the 70s? Can you show me a black character on one of those sci-fi novel covers? Ever see any blacks, Hindus or Asians in the book store back then with his nose in a Heinlein novel? I can't and didn't.

I've got science fiction going back to the 1940s like Amazing Stories, etc., and I never saw a minority race depicted in any story. Mind you, like I said before, this isn't a race thing or prejudice on my part, just stating the fact that back then, it was a different world, minorities were MINORITIES, and marketing to a minority wasn't good business because your bread and butter were white geeky boys.

The sad truth is that even now, the only reason why minorities have grown in number so far and programming and media have included them so much is strictly due to FORCED PROGRESSIVE PC GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION artificially making it that way by selectively elevating some while holding back others.

Last edited:
Loved the book series as a kid.
Would watch the show, but not getting the app.
We already have enough streaming services.
Shit is getting as bad as the cost of cable if you want to see all your favorite shows.

Just started reading this book after seeing it recommended everywhere. I think it's a trilogy.

But I noticed something weird. 15 chapters in and there's no women, not even a waitress at a restaurant or the mention of some guy's wife.

WTF?

Then I looked up the publish date, 1951.

Things were different back then.

Lots of stuff stolen from "Foundation" wound up in other books, movies, etc. The "hive city" is one of them.

Very good, even if it's 70+ years old.
I read the series when I was young and enjoyed it. 50 years later I tried to read it and it seem a bit boring. I guess times have changes and as you said a lot has been taken from the book and used elsewhere.

Just started reading this book after seeing it recommended everywhere. I think it's a trilogy.

But I noticed something weird. 15 chapters in and there's no women, not even a waitress at a restaurant or the mention of some guy's wife.

WTF?

Lots of stuff stolen from "Foundation" wound up in other books, movies, etc. The "hive city" is one of them.

It's one of the best ever. I read it the first time in 1953, it was very influential to me.

They didn't have to. White authors, white characters on the covers and white buyers. See any black people in 2001 A Space Odyssey? Was Clarke racist? Or even 2010? What about the movie Dune from 1984? Was there a single black person there? Maybe Herbert was racist too. Can you name a black sci-fi writer from the 50s thru the 70s? Can you show me a black character on one of those sci-fi novel covers? Ever see any blacks, Hindus or Asians in the book store back then with his nose in a Heinlein novel? I can't and didn't.

I've got science fiction going back to the 1940s like Amazing Stories, etc., and I never saw a minority race depicted in any story. Mind you, like I said before, this isn't a race thing or prejudice on my part, just stating the fact that back then, it was a different world, minorities were MINORITIES, and marketing to a minority wasn't good business because your bread and butter were white geeky boys.

The sad truth is that even now, the only reason why minorities have grown in number so far and programming and media have included them so much is strictly due to FORCED PROGRESSIVE PC GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION artificially making it that way by selectively elevating some while holding back others.
It was a different time and people had different values. I can remember my grandfather who had hundreds of blacks working for him and never called one of them by name, other than the straw bosses. It was always Boy. My grandmother referred to every black man she did not know as John. It was "John, get our luggage" or "John get us a cab" I understand that this came from George Pullman who developed the Pullman cars where all attendants were to be called John.

Science fiction like most books was intended for the educated and those who bought books which was not most Blacks before the 1970's

It was a different time and people had different values. I can remember my grandfather who had hundreds of blacks working for him and never called one of them by name, other than the straw bosses. It was always Boy. My grandmother referred to every black man she did not know as John. It was "John, get our luggage" or "John get us a cab" I understand that this came from George Pullman who developed the Pullman cars where all attendants were to be called John.
And yet I don't think these people did so out of any particular overt animosity for these people as much as maybe out of a bit of shock and unfamiliarity; much like the shock of Indians seeing the white man for the first time, it took a long time for people to get used to and accept that people so different from them (in those days, black people were REALLY black) as being really no different than them--- --- especially because of the educational divide--- Black people simply were not afforded the education yet more common to white people so it became comfortable and easy for whites then to really attribute that to their just being dumb.

Science fiction like most books was intended for the educated and those who bought books which was not most Blacks before the 1970's
Whatever dates I do not know but that is a good point---- not everyone was interested in rockets and other worlds back then much less hypothetically possible life and societies and scenarios on them, that was a bit outside the mundane sphere.

The filthy woke shitheads says it is racist to have mostly Whites in Movies, TV shows and Commercials. However, the hypocritical assholes think it is not racist to have a cast predominately of goddamn Negroes like we see in Foundation and almost everything else made nowadays..

Back in the 40s, 50s, 60s, etc., the domain of SF was mostly a white thing, created by whites for whites--- if there was a dearth of minorities in them, it was because of unfamiliarity and dissimilarity much like if you were a classical music lover you would have no interest in a rock star!

But today, it is different, people are more aware, you won't find an all-white anything that I can think of! For one thing, whites have been pounded into pussies by the progressive PC police; to do so now would be to immediately call forth the race police. But you can't say the same thing for Blacks: they have no problem with black-only-- well --EVERYTHING. Blacks have no desire to integrate, they want their own culture, their own music, their own holidays, their own language--- they see race at the center of every issue, so no one can say there is no serious racism going on there.

But today, it is different,

Yes it is. It is a sick society that is being brainwashed with demented Libtard ideas that are destroying our country.

All this stupid diversity bullshit is dangerous to our culture because it is not reality and it is morally and intellectually wrong,

Yes it is. It is a sick society that is being brainwashed with demented Libtard ideas that are destroying our country.

All this stupid diversity bullshit is dangerous to our culture because it is not reality and it is morally and intellectually wrong,

LMAO!! That is hilarious. Not that your opinion on this topic is hilarious. Your claim that you have culture is hilarious.

Yes it is. It is a sick society that is being brainwashed with demented Libtard ideas that are destroying our country. All this stupid diversity bullshit is dangerous to our culture because it is not reality and it is morally and intellectually wrong,

Well, I'll say this: technology has brought people from all over the world together in the past century of half century whom otherwise would never meet like this. In that sense it is unnatural. When you look at nature, it usually doesn't turn out well when this happens to other plants or animals. Such as the introduction of a destructive animal to Hawaii, or like when a fungus was carried aboard ship to England that wasn't native there that attacked and caused the potato famine that killed millions of the Irish.

Now we have a new dynamic--- the government trying to MANDATE it. In real life, bees like other bees, cows like other cows. I mostly like rock music so I generally don't seek out lovers of punk or hip-hop as friends! Not because I have anything particularly against them. It is NATURAL that people seek out other people who SHARE THINGS IN COMMON be they appearance, culture, likes, etc. Like a mixed drink, when you dilute populations to the extent being done today, just as the drink loses the qualities of its individual ingredients in the mix, the society loses its cultural identity and that is just where we are today.

In real life, things don't work the way some bureaucrat in Washington dictates. In an ideal world, race wouldn't matter. They would respect the integrity of art rather than try to reinvent it just to reflect some cultural agenda of their own. But put society in the hands of government which has no business trying to socially engineer anything in the first place and for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, we would end now up with an aging black transvestite and his seven fleeing immigrants. :smoke:

Today we are making everything a function of race that shouldn't even involve race as some mad solution to supposedly doing away with race--- that some faction of society should be so racially hung up as to need to INSERT race into an old sci-fi novel where race was not ever even part of the story just in order to like it or find it acceptable now hints at the heart of just what drives many of the world's problems today, more so as so many have had such thinking pounded so deeply into them now that many have lost even the perspective to even see the flaw in it!

Well, I'll say this: technology has brought people from all over the world together in the past century of half century whom otherwise would never meet like this. In that sense it is unnatural. When you look at nature, it usually doesn't turn out well when this happens to other plants or animals. Such as the introduction of a destructive animal to Hawaii, or like when a fungus was carried aboard ship to England that wasn't native there that attacked and caused the potato famine that killed millions of the Irish.

Now we have a new dynamic--- the government trying to MANDATE it. In real life, bees like other bees, cows like other cows. I mostly like rock music so I generally don't seek out lovers of punk or hip-hop as friends! Not because I have anything particularly against them. It is NATURAL that people seek out other people who SHARE THINGS IN COMMON be they appearance, culture, likes, etc. Like a mixed drink, when you dilute populations to the extent being done today, just as the drink loses the qualities of its individual ingredients in the mix, the society loses its cultural identity and that is just where we are today.

In real life, things don't work the way some bureaucrat in Washington dictates. In an ideal world, race wouldn't matter. They would respect the integrity of art rather than try to reinvent it just to reflect some cultural agenda of their own. But put society in the hands of government which has no business trying to socially engineer anything in the first place and for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, we would end now up with an aging black transvestite and his seven fleeing immigrants. :smoke:

Today we are making everything a function of race that shouldn't even involve race as some mad solution to supposedly doing away with race--- that some faction of society should be so racially hung up as to need to INSERT race into an old sci-fi novel where race was not ever even part of the story just in order to like it or find it acceptable now hints at the heart of just what drives many of the world's problems today, more so as so many have had such thinking pounded so deeply into them now that many have lost even the perspective to even see the flaw in it!

The problem with your tirade above is that there is absolutely no government mandate on casting a scifi tv show. The producers and director cast it to show the most likely situation in the distant future. Especially when it involves the population of an entire galaxy.

WTF?

No, things were not THAT different --- most fiction had women, of course! Then, as now, more women read novels than men.

It's just that Foundation was very, very dry. I never liked it. Asmov was a lot better in the Robot novels, and then only in the first two, IMO.

Wow, a proud racist writes ^^^. Does anyone other than another racist believe this poster is one of the most problematic issues facing our country.

There is nothing worthy of anything he posts. The more he and others like him continue to be pathologic racists, the more divisive our population becomes.
No, I entirely agree with Flash. They ruin classics of literature by imposing completely wrong cultural actors into the lead roles, and even into improbable minor roles. Like some of Kenneth Branaugh's worst experiments with mixing up three and four races helter-skelter into Elizabethan Shakespeare plays.

When I see a Woke presentation advertised, I'm out at once. I've learned: it will be AWFUL. Remember Stephen King's Gunslinger series, a fantasy/scifi, the one with Clint Eastwood always on the covers as the Gunslinger? They put it on TV with some black as the Gunslinger!!! Ho, boy. I didn't even bother to try. It fell out of sight immediately.

The problem with your tirade above is that there is absolutely no government mandate on casting a scifi tv show.

Don't be obtuse, WB, no the gov does not DIRECTLY mandate who a producer hires for a movie, they just do it indirectly through 1000 other means. Don't tell me you can't see that. Government runs the schools, government is hand in hand with business, industry and the media, and the media and Hollywood are all part of the same information/ entertainment complex.

Sorry, the only "filthy" is the ignorant white trash that thinks the color of your skin is anything but a trivial personal characteristic.

But yeah, turn it off. Then you can avoid seeing successful artists of color. Makes it easier to maintain your "Criminals, druggies, welfare queens, absentee fathers, ghetto rat kids, etc" nonsense.
But it's not a "trivial personal characteristic." There is so much understanding that blacks are and were criminals, druggies, etc. that they simply CANNOT be starred as white-type heroes: it doesn't work.

At least not with the classics. Those were white heroes, and that's that. Put a black in that role and everyone watching rears back and says "Wha-aa-a?" because it's just not accurate.

An interesting thing in scifi that IS going on is setting stories in the far future and making the characters all a muddy brown, or some variation thereof. This is plausible enough, and the authors don't load the characters with any current racial baggage. It's a skin color pure and simple.

Don't be obtuse, WB, no the gov does not DIRECTLY mandate who a producer hires for a movie, they just do it indirectly through 1000 other means. Don't tell me you can't see that. Government runs the schools, government is hand in hand with business, industry and the media, and the media and Hollywood are all part of the same information/ entertainment complex.

What I see is capitalism at work. If they include more diversity, they gain a more diverse audience. That means more people watching. More money.

Forum List

Back