Armed 'mob' allegedly tried to enter black family's North Carolina home, white deputy charged

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
The most notable thing about this story, other than the usual - white mob feeling they had the right to do this to a black family - who were these other people anyway, were they sworn law enforcement officers - is the inability of these individuals to self-correct when it was pointed out to them that they were at the wrong house.

Among the people demanding to enter the home was a person carrying an assault weapon and another with a shotgun, according to local reports.

May 10, 2020, 8:27 AM PDT
By Kalhan Rosenblatt and Associated Press

A sheriff’s deputy in North Carolina is facing criminal charges after authorities said he led a group of armed people to the wrong home in a search for a missing girl.

New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David said Friday that Jordan Kita, who worked in the New Hanover Sheriff’s Office, led an armed group to the home of Dameon Shepard, a senior at Laney High School in Wilmington, on May 3, according to James W. Lea, a lawyer for Shepard’s family who is preparing a civil lawsuit.

Shepard, who is black, says the all-white group tried unsuccessfully to force its way into the family's Pender County home, about 20 miles north of Wilmington.

His mother, Monica Shepard, told the group they should leave, according to Lea.

“Coming to the door like that with a mob of people with guns, what do we expect? What were their intentions?” Monica Shepard told WECT-TV. “What if he was the person they were looking for or what if I was not home? What would’ve happened? I don’t want to have that conversation. I don’t want him to be a statistic. It’s scary.”

Kita was looking for Lekayda Kempisty, a 15-year-old girl who was reported missing earlier that day. She was later found safe.

In its effort to find Lekayda, Kita’s group was searching for someone named Josiah who used to live next door.

During the confrontation, Shepard repeatedly tried to point out to the group that they had the wrong house and that a yard sign
out front explicitly congratulated “Dameon” on his high school graduation, to no avail, Shepard told news outlets.

Armed 'mob' allegedly tried to enter black family's North Carolina home, white deputy charged

The most notable thing about this story, other than the usual - white mob feeling they had the right to do this to a black family - who were these other people anyway, were they sworn law enforcement officers - is the inability of these individuals to self-correct when it was pointed out to them that they were at the wrong house.

Among the people demanding to enter the home was a person carrying an assault weapon and another with a shotgun, according to local reports.

A sheriff’s deputy in North Carolina is facing criminal charges after authorities said he led a group of armed people to the wrong home in a search for a missing girl.

New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David said Friday that Jordan Kita, who worked in the New Hanover Sheriff’s Office, led an armed group to the home of Dameon Shepard, a senior at Laney High School in Wilmington, on May 3, according to James W. Lea, a lawyer for Shepard’s family who is preparing a civil lawsuit.

Shepard, who is black, says the all-white group tried unsuccessfully to force its way into the family's Pender County home, about 20 miles north of Wilmington.

“Coming to the door like that with a mob of people with guns, what do we expect? What were their intentions?” Monica Shepard told WECT-TV. “What if he was the person they were looking for or what if I was not home? What would’ve happened? I don’t want to have that conversation. I don’t want him to be a statistic. It’s scary.”

Kita was looking for Lekayda Kempisty, a 15-year-old girl who was reported missing earlier that day. She was later found safe.

In its effort to find Lekayda, Kita’s group was searching for someone named Josiah who used to live next door.

During the confrontation, Shepard repeatedly tried to point out to the group that they had the wrong house and that a yard sign
out front explicitly congratulated “Dameon” on his high school graduation, to no avail, Shepard told news outlets.

That kid got lucky. In an alternate timeline, Trump supporting media is looking into his background and making the argument that he deserved to die.

This is why Black Americans need their 2nd amendment rights, too.

They also need to know all their rights in general. One thing I've learned: Do not give police permission to search anything. Do not give permission.
Don't even answer the door if you can. Do not let them see you.
I gave police permission to search my vehicle once..once..
He took a knife and slit the passenger seat of my mother's car wide open to the bottom.
Never give police permission to search.
There was nothing there, but they destroyed my property. Next week I'm all busting ass and going to the junkyard to get my mom a new passenger-side car seat.
$80 I think that was, I was about 17. My paycheck may have been $160 a week.
I pulled the seat out of an identical car to save money.

Last edited:

I can't help but think these local stories have gone national because of the dead thug in Georgia.

Every person needs to be armed and committed to shedding blood in their defense.
When Black people do it they say they are "resistancing" and kill them.
When it's a young black cop and me, I'm the one that gets hosed by him abusing his authority.
I let him click the cuffs on passively (commited no crime) and then got slammed to the ground by the cuff chains.

I went off like a rocket!
Demanded to see a supervisor. Lo and behold, I got let go.
I could have had him off the force.
I chose to walk away and not deal with the bullshit.

This isn't just a white/black thing.
It's a cop/citizen thing.

They're not training them right these days or something.

He better hope I never see him again, I'll tell you that.

Last edited:

Idiot deputy. Well, I suspect this will be a boon to Dameon's college fund.

Yes, I'm sure they were COMPLETELY innocent...it was juss cuz racism n'sheeit.

The truth will EVENTUALLY come out...and then...crickets.

Forum List

Back