Ariens Co. fires seven Muslim employees over unscheduled prayer breaks

Interesting how RW'ers tend to react so differently to accommodations for Christians vs accommodations for Muslims.
Which company gives accommodations for Christians to stop working multiple times during the work day to pray?

My last employer allowed a Christian employee to rearrange his whole worknight so he could have 2 hours off on a midweek evening to go to a prayer meeting.
Did this employee actually make a request and work out the details with the boss or did the whole workforce just tell the company to kiss their ass while they left multiple times during every day
Your example is weak and does not in any way compare to the topic.

Interesting how RW'ers tend to react so differently to accommodations for Christians vs accommodations for Muslims.
Which company gives accommodations for Christians to stop working multiple times during the work day to pray?

My last employer allowed a Christian employee to rearrange his whole worknight so he could have 2 hours off on a midweek evening to go to a prayer meeting.

1. Did said employee leaving those two hours early stop a production line?

2. Was anyone else's work prevented due to the change in hours?

3. was the time part of a break, and thus part of the person's pay, or did the person make the time up?

I answered the question that was asked.

Did this employee actually make a request and work out the details with the boss or did the whole workforce just tell the company to kiss their ass while they left multiple times during every day

You asked for an example of a company giving a Christian an accommodation for prayer purposes and I gave you one.

How about just following the law, the same for everyone?

Questions and Answers about Religious Discrimination in the Workplace

The law says an employer doesn't have to grant an exception if it causes a hardship. The muzzies don't have a prayer....pun intended

That's what Kim Davis found out.

Apples and oranges. Bottom line is Ariens is within their legal rights to refuse.

You're an idiot. Kim Davis lost too, but her wrongdoing was far worse.

You asked for an example of a company giving a Christian an accommodation for prayer purposes and I gave you one.
No, I asked for an example of a company giving ChristianS as in more than one, as in, yes we can shut down production a couple times a day.
You came back with one example where according to your own words, the schedule was adjusted, most likely to ensure his work was completed, and it was one person, hardly enough to shut down the business.
You can try again if you like.

The law says an employer doesn't have to grant an exception if it causes a hardship. The muzzies don't have a prayer....pun intended

Apples and oranges. Bottom line is Ariens is within their legal rights to refuse.

Your grasping at straws is duly noted. You can't win this one and neither can the goat fuggers :)

No, I asked for an example of a company giving ChristianS as in more than one, as in, yes we can shut down production a couple times a day.
You came back with one example where according to your own words, the schedule was adjusted, most likely to ensure his work was completed, and it was one person, hardly enough to shut down the business.

What Christian denomination has a ritual of multiple prayers within the given day?

Could you explain how Christians are accommodated for? Especially in the work place? Please do because your innuendo seems a bit of BS.

It sounds like an isolated incident, not a daily affair. Not even close to comparison

What Christian denomination has a ritual of multiple prayers within the given day?
What does that matter?
You should stop, you are getting your muslim loving ass handed to you on this one. You cant win

Your grasping at straws is duly noted. You can't win this one and neither can the goat fuggers :)

I'm grasping at straws? I won this one when I said the law should apply the same to all religions.

You're the one who's bigoted for disagreeing with that.

You are out of whack with that one. There is a diffidence between their employment, no?

Out of whack by what? She lost.
Apparently you ignore the difference of the nature of their employments i.e. private vs. public and production vs. administrative.

What do you think my position is? Go back in my posts and from them tell me what my position is.

Don't try to spin it dude. You fell into your own trap by comparing Muslims and Christians about workplace accommodations.

Forum List

Back