Ariens Co. fires seven Muslim employees over unscheduled prayer breaks

Interesting how RW'ers tend to react so differently to accommodations for Christians vs accommodations for Muslims.
Which company gives accommodations for Christians to stop working multiple times during the work day to pray?

My last employer allowed a Christian employee to rearrange his whole worknight so he could have 2 hours off on a midweek evening to go to a prayer meeting.

Sure they did.....

What do you think my position is? Go back in my posts and from them tell me what my position is.
You brought up Kim Davis to justify your talking point. I pointed out to you that the two cases were fundamentally different. Now you think you are a slick spinmeister.
At this moment, he is searching the net for anything at all that would even remotely appear to hold up his position.
Wait for some link to a silly example from a couple decades ago.

State my position using my posts as evidence.
To anyone that can read, your posts clearly suggest your position. I fail to see where pointing it out to you is going to make any difference.
Maybe you should be the one that learns to read?

Suggests my position?

State my position and the evidence you have for it..
Tell you what,
As soon as you can give everyone else here what they have been asking for, I will go through your posts with you one by one and show where you are screaming that you are an idiot.
Now, just to make sure you understand, what we need are solid, current examples of a company (non-religious in nature) that is allowing Christians to shut down production a couple times a day, every day to accommodate their religious needs.
And without getting to intense, you do understand that the accommodation part is up to the employer, so in reality the employer that you would have to show treating the muslims different would also really have to be the same employer that is allowing the Christians to take the time each day.

Interesting how RW'ers tend to react so differently to accommodations for Christians vs accommodations for Muslims.
Which company gives accommodations for Christians to stop working multiple times during the work day to pray?

My last employer allowed a Christian employee to rearrange his whole worknight so he could have 2 hours off on a midweek evening to go to a prayer meeting.

1. Did said employee leaving those two hours early stop a production line?

2. Was anyone else's work prevented due to the change in hours?

3. was the time part of a break, and thus part of the person's pay, or did the person make the time up?

I answered the question that was asked.

You actually didn't. Said person left early, and did NOT take multiple breaks during a work shift.

Why can't you answer my questions, or at least answer the previous question accurately?

Grow up. What Christian denomination prays multiple times a day in adherence to a religious regimen?

You brought up Kim Davis to justify your talking point. I pointed out to you that the two cases were fundamentally different. Now you think you are a slick spinmeister.
At this moment, he is searching the net for anything at all that would even remotely appear to hold up his position.

To anyone that can read, your posts clearly suggest your position. I fail to see where pointing it out to you is going to make any difference.

Suggests my position?

Tell you what,
As soon as you can give everyone else here what they have been asking for, I will go through your posts with you one by one and show where you are screaming that you are an idiot.
Now, just to make sure you understand, what we need are solid, current examples of a company (non-religious in nature) that is allowing Christians to shut down production a couple times a day, every day to accommodate their religious needs.
And without getting to intense, you do understand that the accommodation part is up to the employer, so in reality the employer that you would have to show treating the muslims different would also really have to be the same employer that is allowing the Christians to take the time each day.

Did I EVER say Ariens was in the wrong?

3. was the time part of a break, and thus part of the person's pay, or did the person make the time up?

You actually didn't. Said person left early, and did NOT take multiple breaks during a work shift.

Why can't you answer my questions, or at least answer the previous question accurately?

Grow up. What Christian denomination prays multiple times a day in adherence to a religious regimen?
Then I guess we cant compare the two as equal.
Now, show me a company that allows their employees to leave the job every day to go to a prayer meeting. Christians DO have prayer meetings on a daily basis. Most cant go because they work and cant get away from the job, but please, show the examples.

Suggests my position?

Tell you what,

I hope you have some really good mirrors, with all this high speed backpedaling you are suddenly doing, its possible that you run into something and hurt yourself.

Now, show me a company that allows their employees to leave the job every day to go to a prayer meeting. Christians DO have prayer meetings on a daily basis. Most cant go because they work and cant get away from the job, but please, show the examples.

Why should I have to?

He's just arguing to argue. He has no valid argument because the law says Ariens doesn't have to grant the request if it causes undo hardship on the company and it would

Suggests my position?

Tell you what,

I hope you have some really good mirrors, with all this high speed backpedaling you are suddenly doing, its possible that you run into something and hurt yourself.

Where did I say that? Why are you assigning me that opinion when it's not my opinion?

Classic strawman fallacy.

Ariens Co. says it has fired seven Muslim employees for taking unscheduled prayer breaks, and 14 others have resigned over the issue.

More than 50 Somali immigrant Muslims at the Brillion manufacturer recently protested the company's enforcement of a policy of two 10-minute breaks per work shift — without accommodations forunscheduled prayer time.

The Muslim employees wanted the manufacturer of snowblowers and lawn mowers to continue a previous, more lenient practice of allowing them to leave their work stations at different times — such as at dawn and sunset — to pray as their faith requires of them.

Ariens said it was sticking with a policy that does not accommodate special prayer breaks, despite having bent the rules earlier.

Wednesday, Ariens said 32 of the Muslim employees have chosen to stay with the company and work within the break policy, 14 had resigned and seven were fired for taking unscheduled prayer time.

"We handled this with the same straightforward approach we use every day at Ariens Company. Recognizing there are language barriers and cultural differences, we allowed for extra time. We would have liked for more of the employees to stay, however, we respect their faith, we respect the work they have done for Ariens Company, and we respect their decisions," the company said.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Washington, D.C.-based group that has been an advocate for the Muslims at Ariens, says it may file a complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, which enforces federal employment discrimination laws.
Ariens Co. fires seven Muslim employees

Just one word: assimilation If you are changing your home country expect there to be cultural differences.
If a western woman was going to live in a Muslim country, she would have to assimilate to their culture and never drive a car, wear a head scarf and change your way of dressing. If she couldn't handle that, don't go to a Muslim country. Vice Versa likewise.

I don't see what assimilation has to do with this. Unless you're trying to suggest that people should "assimilate" out of their religion.

You got called out, you respond weakly, and now you get cranky. You lose, go slinking back in your hole or answer the questions given to you.

Why should I have to?
because you are the one that insists there is not equal treatment. Its up to you to prove it to us.
since you cant, you lose.

Where did I say that? Why are you assigning me that opinion when it's not my opinion?

Classic strawman fallacy.
With love:
upload_2016-2-5_9-39-23.gif

You lose....time to move on.

He's just arguing to argue. He has no valid argument because the law says Ariens doesn't have to grant the request if it causes undo hardship on the company and it would

Never did I say they did. But I enjoyed getting you dimwits to have to lie about where I stood.

Why should I have to?
because you are the one that insists there is not equal treatment. Its up to you to prove it to us.

Quote me saying anything of the sort.

Why should I have to?

Quote me saying anything of the sort.
just scroll back and look for yourself, I tire of your idiocy.
I swear, dealing with liberals is like trying to get a group of retards out of a round room filled with bouncy balls.

You have failed to show the law is not evenly applied. First, you would actually have to show the written law that was violated by the employer. then you would have to show an equivalent example of Christians being treated differently.
So far you have failed to do either one.

There is actually one problem with the employer's position which could bite them in the ass if the 21 former employees attempt to file for unemployment, or if the 7 fired employees sue for wrongful discharge. The employer previously provided reasonable accommodations to Muslim employees in the form of flexibility to use their allotted breaks at times that aligned with their religious duties.

Because the flexibility was previously given, this ends up being strong evidence that the accommodations were reasonable and did not place undue burden on the company. If any legal action takes place the company will have a significant burden to overcome to defend itself against a discrimination claim.

You have failed to show the law is not evenly applied. First, you would actually have to show the written law that was violated by the employer. then you would have to show an equivalent example of Christians being treated differently.
So far you have failed to do either one.

There is actually one problem with the employer's position which could bite them in the ass if the 21 former employees attempt to file for unemployment, or if the 7 fired employees sue for wrongful discharge. The employer previously provided reasonable accommodations to Muslim employees in the form of flexibility to use their allotted breaks at times that aligned with their religious duties.

Because the flexibility was previously given, this ends up being strong evidence that the accommodations were reasonable and did not place undue burden on the company. If any legal action takes place the company will have a significant burden to overcome to defend itself against a discrimination claim.
unless the time used for breaks began being extended, or additional times were taken outside of breaks.

Forum List

Back