Ariens Co. fires seven Muslim employees over unscheduled prayer breaks

The law says an employer doesn't have to grant an exception if it causes a hardship. The muzzies don't have a prayer....pun intended

That's what Kim Davis found out.

Apples and oranges. Bottom line is Ariens is within their legal rights to refuse.

You're an idiot. Kim Davis lost too, but her wrongdoing was far worse.

Your grasping at straws is duly noted. You can't win this one and neither can the goat fuggers :)

I'm grasping at straws? I won this one when I said the law should apply the same to all religions.

You're the one who's bigoted for disagreeing with that.
You have failed to show the law is not evenly applied. First, you would actually have to show the written law that was violated by the employer. then you would have to show an equivalent example of Christians being treated differently.
So far you have failed to do either one.

What do you think my position is? Go back in my posts and from them tell me what my position is.
You brought up Kim Davis to justify your talking point. I pointed out to you that the two cases were fundamentally different. Now you think you are a slick spinmeister.

What do you think my position is? Go back in my posts and from them tell me what my position is.
You brought up Kim Davis to justify your talking point. I pointed out to you that the two cases were fundamentally different. Now you think you are a slick spinmeister.
At this moment, he is searching the net for anything at all that would even remotely appear to hold up his position.
Wait for some link to a silly example from a couple decades ago.

At this moment, he is searching the net for anything at all that would even remotely appear to hold up his position.

If it were Christians he would be on the company's side

I brought up Kim Davis to trick you idiots into showing off your anti-Muslim pro-fundie nutcase bigotry.

And it worked perfectly.

State my position using my posts as evidence.

That's what Kim Davis found out.

Apples and oranges. Bottom line is Ariens is within their legal rights to refuse.

Your grasping at straws is duly noted. You can't win this one and neither can the goat fuggers :)

I'm grasping at straws? I won this one when I said the law should apply the same to all religions.

You have failed to show the law is not evenly applied. First, you would actually have to show the written law that was violated by the employer. then you would have to show an equivalent example of Christians being treated differently.

The Muslims were fired. Learn to read.

The Muslims were fired. Learn to read.
And?
They were fired for not doing their job. Guess what? if I decide to take a few hours a day off of work and just let things come to a stop, Im going to get fired.
Why do you think these false god worshiping sand monkeys deserve special treatment

This seems pretty clear to me:

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employers with at least 15 employees, as well as employment agencies and unions, from discriminating in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin. It also prohibits retaliation against persons who complain of discrimination or participate in an EEO investigation. With respect to religion, Title VII prohibits:

• denying a requested reasonable accommodation of an applicant’s or employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or practices – or lack thereof – if an accommodation will not impose more than ade minimis cost or burden on business operations; 1 and,

To anyone that can read, your posts clearly suggest your position. I fail to see where pointing it out to you is going to make any difference.
Maybe you should be the one that learns to read?

To anyone that can read, your posts clearly suggest your position. I fail to see where pointing it out to you is going to make any difference.
Maybe you should be the one that learns to read?

Suggests my position?

State my position and the evidence you have for it..

How about just following the law, the same for everyone?

Questions and Answers about Religious Discrimination in the Workplace
Why don't you read it instead of positing your uninformed opinion?

What's my opinion?

Oh right, I believe the law should be followed the same for everyone.

Your objection to that PROVES your bigotry, as if we needed more proof.
You haven't quoted any law or demonstrated how they broke any. You merely whistled out of your ass and thought it sounded smart to others.

What's my opinion?

and you have failed to provide any documentation to show that the law is being applied differently.
You fail.

Interesting how RW'ers tend to react so differently to accommodations for Christians vs accommodations for Muslims.
Which company gives accommodations for Christians to stop working multiple times during the work day to pray?

My last employer allowed a Christian employee to rearrange his whole worknight so he could have 2 hours off on a midweek evening to go to a prayer meeting.

1. Did said employee leaving those two hours early stop a production line?

2. Was anyone else's work prevented due to the change in hours?

3. was the time part of a break, and thus part of the person's pay, or did the person make the time up?

I answered the question that was asked.

You actually didn't. Said person left early, and did NOT take multiple breaks during a work shift.

Why can't you answer my questions, or at least answer the previous question accurately?

What's my opinion?

and you have failed to provide any documentation to show that the law is being applied differently.
You fail.

I never made that accusation. Where did I make that accusation?

Interesting how RW'ers tend to react so differently to accommodations for Christians vs accommodations for Muslims.
Which company gives accommodations for Christians to stop working multiple times during the work day to pray?

My last employer allowed a Christian employee to rearrange his whole worknight so he could have 2 hours off on a midweek evening to go to a prayer meeting.

Sure, he did

Sure

I brought up Kim Davis to trick you idiots into showing off your anti-Muslim pro-fundie nutcase bigotry.

And it worked perfectly.
Are trying to justify your own stupidity?
BTW. Kim Davis did not do her job so she got jail time(I have no opinion of her stance if it was right or wrong) the Muslims did not do their job so they got fired. You were happy that her religious stand resulted in her jailing and you are unhappy that the Muslims' religious stand got them fired. I thought all religions should get equal treatment, no? I still do not see your point in comparing these two cases.

Forum List

Back