Are You Old?

Bench seats in cars. So your gal could sit next to you while you drove. Without seat belts.

I still remember how pissed we all were when those annoying buzzers for seatbelts were put in cars.

Three on the tree...

"Driving" the car sitting your dad's lap...

Riding in the bed of a pickup truck...

Not having to wear seat belts...

Drive-in movies...
God, I miss drive-in movies.

Gas was around 72¢ a gallon when I was working in a full service station in the late 90's. It was cheaper at the other stations in the area, but only by a couple pennies.
72 cents? Bullshit. Where did you live?

Hmmmm, not here in the USA. Oil countries keep their prices low. Could have been Saudi. Though back then I remember paying around .35 cents a gallon.

Bench seats were made for drive-in movies.

Bench seats in cars. So your gal could sit next to you while you drove. Without seat belts.

I still remember how pissed we all were when those annoying buzzers for seatbelts were put in cars.

Three on the tree...

Drive-in movies...
What seatbelts? Those were for airplanes.

I remember Doo Dads snack mix, marshmallow ice cream cones, penny and nickel candy, washing my father's step side Chevy in the creek, seeing Star Wars (the original) in the theater, and Ma and Pa department stores.

I loved the 2 cent pieces of bubble gum.
I'd buy 2 bucks worth and bring em to school. Of course the teacher would say if you didnt bring enough for everyone you need to spit it out.
....I proceed to whip out my huge bag of bubble gum.
I remember when Bazooka bubblegum had comic strips in them.
I remember that. Wasnt that the gum you chewed when you wanted to crack your teeth?
Nah. It was soft and had a split in the middle so you could share.
These things helped my get rid of my baby teeth
1603481035644.png

Three on the tree...

Drive-in movies...
You could smoke on airplanes. Everywhere.

You could smoke in hospitals!

Grocery store floors were covered in cigarette butts.

In 2012, Bazooka said because of low sales, they were not using comics anymore. Instead, they started using brain teasers and codes for video games.

Jiffy Pop popcorn. You had to shake and shake and shake it over the stove burner.

They still make that stuff. I bought one recently to show my kids how modern we were before the age of the microwave oven.

Jiffy Pop popcorn. You had to shake and shake and shake it over the stove burner.

They still make that stuff. I bought one recently to show my kids how modern we were before the age of the microwave oven.
I remember when that came out.

How are your AARP benefits, boomer?
I have not joined the AARP. Don't see the point.
I did have one of those Tonka trucks. It was awesome.
Gas was 1.12 my first fill up at 16. One of the best days of my life.

1980? '85?
86'

Shit. I thought you were older than I am... $1.19 average for me... 1980.
You still the second youngest on this site. lol

Three on the tree...

Drive-in movies...
God, I miss drive-in movies.
There are still a couple around here. In fact, a few towns away, they are building a new one.

Remember dime pay toilets?

Remember 45 records? Do you remember what the 45 means?

Did you buy soda for a nickel?

Did you pay double-digit/gallon for gas?

Remember Jarts with the sharp metal tips?

Remember the Tonka dump truck an elephant could step on?

"I bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and...." complete the sentence.
I remember going to the movies for quarter then buying a slice of pizza for 15 cents and a soda for a dime. The cheapest gas I recall was about 25 cents/gal. I'm not old or at least I'm still immature.

My parents bought Jiffy Pop when they first came out but it was far cheaper to do it the old fashioned way.

Three on the tree...

Drive-in movies...
You could smoke on airplanes. Everywhere.

You could smoke in hospitals!

Grocery store floors were covered in cigarette butts.
There weren't even smoking zones because the whole world was a smoking zone with few exceptions. You didn't smoke in church during church service but everyone was outside smoking before the service began. There was no smoking in theaters because it interfered with the movie projection.

Gas was around 72¢ a gallon when I was working in a full service station in the late 90's. It was cheaper at the other stations in the area, but only by a couple pennies.
72 cents? Bullshit. Where did you live?

Good lord, curse my chonky fingers. That was supposed to be a 92¢. I live(d) in the sticks of the Rest Belt with a pretty low cost of living rate.
That, I can see.

Remember dime pay toilets?

Remember 45 records? Do you remember what the 45 means?

Did you buy soda for a nickel?

Did you pay double-digit/gallon for gas?

Remember Jarts with the sharp metal tips?

Remember the Tonka dump truck an elephant could step on?

"I bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and...." complete the sentence.
I remember going to the movies for quarter then buying a slice of pizza for 15 cents and a soda for a dime. The cheapest gas I recall was about 25 cents/gal. I'm not old or at least I'm still immature.
I remembr going to the Saturday morning kids movie for a couple of end labels from Wonder
Bread.

Gas was 50cents a gallon when I mowed lawns. Needed a can opener to open any can and the other end to open bottles. 25 cents in a vending machine got you a pack of cigarettes and a penny got you the book of matches. Anyone remember Shinola?
Shinola was a shoe polish. Remember standing in line for the polio vaccine.

I remember in grade school when they dispensed the polio vaccine on a sugar cube.

Gas was 50cents a gallon when I mowed lawns. Needed a can opener to open any can and the other end to open bottles. 25 cents in a vending machine got you a pack of cigarettes and a penny got you the book of matches. Anyone remember Shinola?
Shinola was a shoe polish. Remember standing in line for the polio vaccine.
Another thing you don't see any more. Kids knocking on doors to see if you want your lawn mowed.

A few years ago, a GIRL showed up at my door. I hired her immediately. Then she moved away a month later. Dammit!

Forum List

Back