Zone1 Are White Actors and Actresses Not Allowed to Act Anymore?

Okay, I'm going to be completely honest with you guys. Ariel is my favorite Disney princess and I love The Little Mermaid so if they keep the LGBT stuff out of it, I might wind up seeing it because the Ariel actress actually looks decent. However, I'm not all that thrilled about Scuttle being a girl, but I could overlook that. I think it's a diving duck instead of a seagull now too.
Why does she get to keep the white Ariel name? Shouldn't it be Showandariel now??

Let's tell it as it is -- gently, of course.

Hollywood has always been liberal.

During World War II, for example, the incomparable Bette Davis demanded that African American servicemen be allowed to relax in facilities that were limited to Caucasian servicemen.

So in 2022, it is very woke to have non-Caucasians in more roles. For example, hear tell that new James Bond movies may have an African American lady in the lead.

But not to worry!

Caucasian producers may be woke, but they are not crazy.

For a few more decades, Caucasian Americans will continue to be the most numerous ethnicity. So producers will continue to give jobs to Caucasian actors -- or the theaters will be empty of customers.

Please tell me you're using sarcasm.
No, he was being dead serious and may I add why is Lucifer in Sandman series not a Trans-male that is a Lesbian Black woman trapped in a Dog Body?

I am just outraged!

Anyhoo, today society want White Society to know that we are no longer special and the minorities are gunning to put us at the back of the bus!

The amazing thing about this woke idiocy is that they are drawing attention to the fact they are choosing performers based entirely on their identity and not the needs of the story line. The clumsy recasting BECOMES the story line.

Damn, it's like living during the Maoist cultural revolution these days where EVERYTHING in society has to serve ideology.

The amazing thing about this woke idiocy is that they are drawing attention to the fact they are choosing performers based entirely on their identity and not the needs of the story line. The clumsy recasting BECOMES the story line.

Damn, it's like living during the Maoist cultural revolution these days where EVERYTHING in society has to serve ideology.
Well said.

When the gay new director of the Seattle Opera started making the production of 19th century theatre and music all about Seattle's gay agenda, hubby and I stopped buying our season tickets. Hiring principals for their sexual orientation, rather than their talent, truly ruined a lot of productions. We probably didn't make a dent in the number of asses in seats in a leftist shithole opera house, but at least we no longer had to tolerate really bad opera.

It matters because leftists have an agenda that is pushing racism against white people? How do you not realize this? Also if a role like Annie is meant to be a little white girl with red hair it's changing the story if she's suddenly black. Not being racist, just speaking the truth.

Btw, I didn't mean to have a question mark after my first sentence. It's also rather amusing that black people have to hog the spotlight now, but Aunt Jemima was somehow racist.

This is a conscious decision by Disney. Every major character is non white, gay or trans. They are bankrupting their own company because these changes are invariably losers.

Not every movie. I thought that Turning Red was pretty good,.. just not good for little kids. Nearly every new movie though.

So far, the studio executives believe that the message is more important than profit.

Actually you got that backwards.

Maybe they do it just to fuck with you people.

Yeah, probably a huge part of it.

I notice anti white bias in TV commercials where blacks are disproportionately represented
You know how tv ads often have one smart individual and at least one dope?

I have noticed (and frankly don’t much care) that in racially integrated commercials, the dope part goes to the white actors and actresses. The part of the smart people most often goes to the actors and actresses of color.

I don’t like type-casting. Not even for tv ads. 🤓

I notice anti white bias in TV commercials where blacks are disproportionately represented

If everybody in the media was like these people standing up to things like this the world would be a better place.

I have noticed (and frankly don’t much care) that in racially integrated commercials, the dope part goes to the white actors and actresses. The part of the smart people most often goes to the actors and actresses of color.

....except the ones where the black lady has no money for her fooneral....

If everybody in the media was like these people standing up to things like this the world would be a better place.

Not sure I get your point

Can make it clearer?

Not sure I get your point

Can make it clearer?

It's all about acceptance and the fact that your skin color shouldn't matter but in today's media it's all about image and not about talent. That's the problem. I don't have a problem with black people being portrayed in TV shows and movies if it makes sense, I have a problem with the left's agenda. That was my point.

You mean like as maids and butlers?

No. If the character they're playing wasn't specifically made to be a white character. Like in Brandy's Cinderella. As I've already stated many, many times in this thread so far. The new Ariel isn't even that bad and is rather pretty, but it's mostly about image with everything these days and less about talent.

Or criminals who never obey the police when they are confronted, that works too.

True, but that isn't the fault of all blacks, however,.. they're only setting a bad name for everybody else who is black who are are kind, generous, and loving people.

I’m starting to notice that more often than not the homeowner of a large house is black, and the working-class delivery guy (or whatever) is white.

Forum List

Back