Are users of faith happy with the response to Donald Sterling?

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013

I think something needed to be done but is everyone happy to the response given to Donald Sterling? We don't live in a perfect world but could it have been handled differently?

I think yesterday's ruling offered no path for restoration of an individual and hinted that there would be no forgiveness.

I'm disappointed by the NAACP leader's speech and that he said he is a Christian.

Can someone like Donald Sterling be in that position of importance and do things like he did? No. Do I excuse it? Not at all.

Do I excuse the response towards him as being just? No.
Was a response needed? Yes.

I think we live in a society where priorities are sorely skewed. What the man said was wrong but the P.C. crowd's response was over the top. If the exact same statements had been made about white people then the entire incident would be swept under the proverbial rug and probably wouldn't have made the last page of any major newspaper.

But while things like this make headline news almost nobody knows that China is on the brink of overtaking the USA as the world's #1 economy and India isn't too far behind. We're literally imploding but our focus is on some dude who made a racial slur.

I think we live in a society where priorities are sorely skewed. What the man said was wrong but the P.C. crowd's response was over the top. If the exact same statements had been made about white people then the entire incident would be swept under the proverbial rug and probably wouldn't have made the last page of any major newspaper.

But while things like this make headline news almost nobody knows that China is on the brink of overtaking the USA as the world's #1 economy and India isn't too far behind. We're literally imploding but our focus is on some dude who made a racial slur.
Agree 100%

That's exactly why things like this are making the headlines. :mad:

Agree 100%

That's exactly why things like this are making the headlines. :mad:

It's an endless shell-game designed to keep us all off-balance and distracted. It works pretty good.

I think something needed to be done but is everyone happy to the response given to Donald Sterling? We don't live in a perfect world but could it have been handled differently?

The most entertaining idea in this thread so far is how you titled it.
"Users" of faith.
A perfect understanding of its origins and applications.
LOL!

I was a bit puzzled.....you can find racists under any rock and apparently they knew this particular guy was a racist years ago.....why did it merit 24/7 news coverage?......

I think yesterday's ruling offered no path for restoration of an individual and hinted that there would be no forgiveness.

I'm sorry, but I was under the impression that Christian doctrine required an act of contrition before absolution. I have seen no evidence of such an act.

I'm sorry, but I was under the impression that Christian doctrine required an act of contrition before absolution. I have seen no evidence of such an act.

Who did he injure in his private conversation in his home and who is suing as a result of being injured? What are the damages?

Forum List

Back