Are there things in life worth dying for?

yes dying to protect ones family is worthwhile but best to be avoided if possible.

Dying for Country? Well that depends on if our country is actually at risk.
But dying for oil or rubber or other american corporate foreign interests? for sure not worth it

Worth?

I don't know. Necessary, some times.

The brief candle is still a wonder to burn.

God, Family and Country.

Give me a hard one. ;)

It's always an easy question when you re-write it for personal convenience. (you answered only half of the question)

He was ask and answered the question, His answer being yes there was no second part to it. Only if you answer no is there a second part.

I would die for my family, for my countrymen, for my country and yes I would die for my God. I would die to save innocents at risk as well.

ouchie....i have a few questions...

fast death...like bullet to the head...or slow death like burning alive?

i got issues with the latter...

my son, i dont know if i would die before da man...but i would gladly die with him....good or bad...its been nearly 30 years...he is as much as part of me...as i am of him...

now why in the world would a proper goddess ask you to die for her?

so what is with that?

my country? i aint going anywhere else to die for my country i assure you of that...if i die for my country ...it will be on our soil...

sunshine brings up the innocent....am i gonna let someone beat a kid while i am about...no....you never know when intervention can become a death threat...you just take your fucking chances

If yes, what?

If no, why not?

I haven't found one, yet.

It's easy to say you'd willingly die for this or that, of course.

Certainly some people do die heroically when circumstances call for it.

But do any of us really know what we'd do?

Not, I suspect, until the times comes when we're making that decision for real.

If yes, what?

If no, why not?

I haven't found one, yet.

It's easy to say you'd willingly die for this or that, of course.

Certainly some people do die heroically when circumstances call for it.

But do any of us really know what we'd do?

Not, I suspect, until the times comes when we're making that decision for real.

Just because you don't know, doesn't mean that others do not.

One trains for what they will do. I firmly believe that if you go through life with the attitude nothing is worth dying for that you have trained yourself to NOT help when needed.

If you go through life with a firm belief you will act when needed you will do so.

Pretty simple concept.

Just family and country for me

Die for God? If I am understanding what god actually is, why would you need to die for him?

Really, what can threaten the almighty if the almighty is ALL MIGHTY??

Let us be honest here. You are not dying for the almighty, you are dying for an identity. An understanding of what you think is just and moral and the basis for this sense of justice. You die for a direction, a belief system not a diety.

Last edited:
How would ones dying for God help him?

Remember he is all powerful, everlasting, created the universe, etc.
Would your dying change any of that in any way?

If yes, what?

If no, why not?

Yes.

We All figure it out when the time is at hand. Do We risk? Yes. Some of Us do, to varying degree.

Do We know the outcome? No.

Either way Some do what We must.

Sometimes the question is, when outcome cannot be avoided, is how, or in what State of mind do You want to check out? On Your Terms or Someone Else's?

Forum List

Back