Are the numerous dog breeds proof of evolution?

no we cant,,, dog breeds are exactly what they are,, breeds based on breeding and environment,,,

Then why are there NEW BREEDS added on a regular basis ...

Sorry ... almost everything is encoded in the individual's DNA ... evolution has a chemical basis ... evolutionary change is chemical change ... chemicals are different in a Toy Poodle compared to a Great Dane ... different DNA ... evolutionary change ... can these two breeds make puppies? ...

Although the mRNA is all the same ... maybe you're confusing the two ...

Dogs became a separate species from wolves between 20,000 and 40,000 years ago. Humans were coexisting with them at that time. Hunting partners, guard dogs then later as pets. The relationship has continued to the modern day and is mutually beneficial to both species.

There are theories that state humans and dogs co-evolved ... we are both better because of the symbiotic relationship ...

Then why are there NEW BREEDS added on a regular basis ...

Sorry ... almost everything is encoded in the individual's DNA ... evolution has a chemical basis ... evolutionary change is chemical change ... chemicals are different in a Toy Poodle compared to a Great Dane ... different DNA ... evolutionary change ... can these two breeds make puppies? ...

Although the mRNA is all the same ... maybe you're confusing the two ...
you do understand how breeding works dont you???
you can breed to maintain the breed or you can breed to change it,,

in the end they are all still dogs/canines,,

you do understand how breeding works dont you???
you can breed to maintain the breed or you can breed to change it,,

in the end they are all still dogs/canines,,

P{lease define your terms ... breeding is the mechanics of evolution ... better babies ... yes, child, breeding has to occur before there is breeding ... you want to mince words without understanding how biologists use these words ... you just use FauxNews definitions I guess ...

Call it what you will ... it's still evolutionary change ... read a biology textbook if you don't believe me ...

P{lease define your terms ... breeding is the mechanics of evolution ... better babies ... yes, child, breeding has to occur before there is breeding ... you want to mince words without understanding how biologists use these words ... you just use FauxNews definitions I guess ...

Call it what you will ... it's still evolutionary change ... read a biology textbook if you don't believe me ...
no its not,, in the end a dog is still a dog and a human is still a human,,

Right ... and God created dogs on the Fourth Day ... and declared them unclean when Moses was lost on the Sinai ...

What does the DNA say? ...
Dogs became a distinct species 15,000 to 35,000 years before that fable was even created.

Dogs became a distinct species 15,000 to 35,000 years before that fable was even created.

That's a long time ... my understanding is all the rest of our domesticated species came about 10,000 years ago ... goats, sheep cows, cats., wheat, corn, rice ... the Agricultural Revolution ... dogs have been with us far far longer ...

Dogs were the only domesticated animals to come with the Indians into North America ... they got horses from the Spanish ...

That's a long time ... my understanding is all the rest of our domesticated species came about 10,000 years ago ... goats, sheep cows, cats., wheat, corn, rice ... the Agricultural Revolution ... dogs have been with us far far longer ...
That was when humans went from a hunter-gatherer wandering culture to early civilization with permanent structures based on agriculture. Thus all the domestication of wild animals which are common farm animals today.

That was when humans went from a hunter-gatherer wandering culture to early civilization with permanent structures based on agriculture. Thus all the domestication of wild animals which are common farm animals today.

My understanding is there were a few dog breeds already existing at the dawn of written history ... so artificial selection was well under way ... and some of the principles of evolution were known at that time ...

Darwin didn't discover evolution ... he discovered a way to make money off of evolution ...

My understanding is there were a few dog breeds already existing at the dawn of written history ... so artificial selection was well under way ... and some of the principles of evolution were known at that time ...

Darwin didn't discover evolution ... he discovered a way to make money off of evolution ...
And the molecular makeup of DNA wasn't even discovered until 1953 by Watson and Crick. Life is a puzzle we're still figuring out.

And the molecular makeup of DNA wasn't even discovered until 1953 by Watson and Crick. Life is a puzzle we're still figuring out.

I read Robert Watson's textbook ... with comprehension !!! ... it took a while but it was well written and profusely illustrated ... more than the molecular make-up of genetic material ... but how they function to provide inherited traits ... AND ... how random changes over time can cause better DNA coding ... better proteins ... better organs ... better individuals ...

Literally molecule by molecule ... the chemical basis of evolution ...

I read Robert Watson's textbook ... with comprehension !!! ... it took a while but it was well written and profusely illustrated ... more than the molecular make-up of genetic material ... but how they function to provide inherited traits ... AND ... how random changes over time can cause better DNA coding ... better proteins ... better organs ... better individuals ...

Literally molecule by molecule ... the chemical basis of evolution ...
oh you read it in a book so it must be true,,,

did you see the molecules do it yourself or did anyone actually see them??
I didnt think so,,

YES! Environmental and genetic forcing caused all these new breed of dogs over thousands of years and it is a very solid sign of evolution. It isn't to say that a creator couldn't have made the system in which causes such processes to take place but one thing is for certain...Stone age religion is way too simple to explain it and science which is a tool of knowledge to understand our world and universe.

Forum List

Back