Are the numerous dog breeds proof of evolution?

Seems like the NFL agrees with me on this.

Race-norming, which assumes Black players start with lower cognitive function.

There is no way the league would have done this if it weren't mostly true. It may be racist to assume but it's probably true for the most part that blacks have a lower cognitive function.
Listen to the words you are using in making your case, " assumes " and " probably true " . This means they are NOT true. Cognitive function is not at all related to the quality of the education one gets. Cognitive Function is defined as brain based skills which are needed in acquisition of knowledge, manipulation and reasoning. This does not vary among human beings. The amount of knowledge people have does vary with the amount of exposure and access to it.

Listen to the words you are using in making your case, " assumes " and " probably true " . This means they are NOT true. Cognitive function is not at all related to the quality of the education one gets. Cognitive Function is defined as brain based skills which are needed in acquisition of knowledge, manipulation and reasoning. This does not vary among human beings. The amount of knowledge people have does vary with the amount of exposure and access to it.
I think for the NFL to determine that the average black person has a lower cognitive function there must be some truth to it. It may be racist to say all blacks have lower cognitive brain function but it's probably true if you say USUALLY or MOSTLY

Listen to the words you are using in making your case, " assumes " and " probably true " . This means they are NOT true.
Not it does not. That is egregious illogic, on your part. It only means that we are not 100% certain of the truth of it. That does not mean it is not true.

Several studies have reported that older black and Latino adults have lower cognitive function test scores than older white adults

I don't care about the reasons why. Just the fact that this is a fact. Not assuming. Not probably true. It is true. Now we can talk about why but that's not the point. The point is, older black adults have lower cognitive fuction test scores than older whites. Sorry if the truth hurts.

That does not show anything inherently different about black people. Those are fully formed adults whose experience has shaped them. 100% swing and a miss on your part.

Not it does not. That is egregious illogic, on your part. It only means that we are not 100% certain of the truth of it. That does not mean it is not true.
And I'm not denying that it was racist for the NFL to paint all black men with a broad brush and assume that they ALL had lower cognitive function than the whites. That was wrong for them to do. But it is true that in general, older black and Latino adults have lower cognitive function test scores than older white adults

That does not show anything inherently different about black people. Those are fully formed adults whose experience has shaped them. 100% swing and a miss on your part.
It shows that, in general, older black and Latino adults have lower cognitive function test scores than older white adults

I think for the NFL to determine that the average black person has a lower cognitive function there must be some truth to it. It may be racist to say all blacks have lower cognitive brain function.
I looked it up on fact check, because of social economic reasons blacks in the United States do you have lower cognitive functions. If you think that's good news; the bad news is, Asians have a greater cognitive functions and whites do. No wonder China is beating US at our own game, and will most likely succeed at world domination.

So, it is not racist or wrong to say blacks have a lower cognitive function than blacks.

Cognitive function includes a variety of mental processes such as perception, attention, memory, decision making, and language comprehension. Cognitive function serves a critical role in everyday behavior and social behavior.

So, it is not racist or wrong to say blacks have a lower cognitive function than blacks.
It's racist to build public policy based on such an assumption. Or to assume it means anything about your personal situation. Statistics don't make racists any smarter.

Cognitive function includes a variety of mental processes such as perception, attention, memory, decision making, and language comprehension. Cognitive function serves a critical role in everyday behavior and social behavior.
It is important to remember that all human beings start out with the same cognitive ability, it is the socio-economic aspects of one's life that decreases or increases the cognitive function of the brain. Making blanket assumptions about any group of people is still bigotry.

It's racist to build public policy based on such an assumption. Or to assume it means anything about your personal situation. Statistics don't make racists any smarter.
I agree it's racist to paint all black men with a broad brush and assume they all have lower cognitive functioning. I'm sure there are plenty of black men with higher cognitive functioning than me.

My only point is to point out that in general, blacks do have a lower cognitive functioning than whites. And Cognitive function includes a variety of mental processes such as perception, attention, memory, decision making, and language comprehension. Cognitive function serves a critical role in everyday behavior and social behavior.

I agree it's racist to paint all black men with a broad brush and assume they all have lower cognitive functioning. I'm sure there are plenty of black men with higher cognitive functioning than me.

My only point is to point out that in general, blacks do have a lower cognitive functioning than whites. And Cognitive function includes a variety of mental processes such as perception, attention, memory, decision making, and language comprehension. Cognitive function serves a critical role in everyday behavior and social behavior.
Can't say I agree with your claim, but why do you think it's important?

Can't say I agree with your claim, but why do you think it's important?
What do you disagree with? in general, blacks do have a lower cognitive functioning than whites. That's a fact. They test lower. Let's establish this isn't something you can just disagree with. Why do you disagree? What facts do you have to back up your feeling that I'm wrong? Have you tested blacks and found they test the same or higher?

Why is it important that blacks test lower on a test that measures perception, attention, memory, decision making, and language comprehension? You tell me why you think this is not important.

It's important when blacks say there aren't enough black CEO's in America. Or when blacks think that they didn't get the job because of racism, maybe it's this not racism?

Seems like the NFL agrees with me on this.

There is no way the league would have done this if it weren't mostly true. It may be racist to assume but it's probably true for the most part that blacks have a lower cognitive function.

There is little doubt about you being an arrogant racist pig.

And I'm not denying that it was racist for the NFL to paint all black men with a broad brush and assume that they ALL had lower cognitive function than the whites. That was wrong for them to do. But it is true that in general, older black and Latino adults have lower cognitive function test scores than older white adults
Neato! So?

There is little doubt about you being an arrogant racist pig.
There it is! Can't have this conversation without being called a racist. This is why I love USMB. We can't say these things in public without being ME TOO'ed.

And if that's all you have to come back with, run along you mental midget. I think I'm making some good points here.

Originally my thought was this. We held black people back for over 400 years. That had to fuck with their evolutionary path. Perhaps this is why blacks aren't as smart as we are. Not their fault.

And this story about the NFL kind of piggy backs on this discussion. It's sort of PROOF that blacks are not as smart as whites. For whatever reason, here are the facts. Blacks score lower on cognitive functioning tests. It's just a fact. And what does this test measure? perception, attention, memory, decision making, and language comprehension?

I'm sorry if pointing out these facts is racist. Perhaps this is why I do it here. Where no one can ME TOO me. So fuck off snowflake. If participating in this conversation is too hard for you, run along you little bitch.

Nothing in particular. I don't really care enough to look into it.

Ahh... special rights for special people.
Or a generational problem brought on by centuries of institutional racism that we should solve for the betterment of society and quality of life for the individual. But that's the adult in me talking again.

Forum List

Back