Zone1 Are Protestants part of the Catholic Church?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

I agree w/ the first 2 comments at that site, have not read all of them but the Catholic Church sees baptized Christians who are not Catholic as part of the Church

See said comments, which I am 99.9% sure is what the CC teaches

I agree w/ the first 2 comments at that site, have not read all of them but the Catholic Church sees baptized Christians who are not Catholic as part of the Church

The whole idea of Protestantism is that it protested the Church -- the Catholic Church.
So no, the RCC does not consider other sects to be part of itself. My own mother had to convert from a Protestant sect to Catholic to marry my father. If the RCC counted Protestant sects as their own, that would not have been necessary.

Meanwhile, my mother's mother used to brush my cousin's hair telling her she was going to hell because my cousin's mother (my mother's sister) married a Catholic.

Organized Religion takes people to bizarro places.

Last edited:
By the way you can't link to Reddit on this site. For He is a jealous Mod.

The Catholic church has to understand that it must compromise it's beliefs and ideals, unless it's willing to alienate all others.

Modern science can grasp the opportunity presented with the infighting of various christian sects and cults.

The Catholics has better not allow themselves to drawn into the fight and the other christian cults had better not challenge the Catholic church.

• Banned
The whole idea of Protestantism is that it protested the Church -- the Catholic Church.
So no, the RCC does not consider other sects to be part of itself. My own mother had to convert from a Protestant sect to Catholic to marry my father. If the RCC counted Protestant sects as their own, that would not have been necessary.

Meanwhile, my mother's mother used to brush my cousin's hair telling her she was going to hell because my cousin's mother (my mother's sister) married a Catholic.

Religion takes people to bizarro places.
for one thing: who says it is "bizaro places"?

what is so bizarre about the Catholic Church teaching that Protestants are part of the CC, albeit imperfectly?

The true Church can be presumed to teach such.. eh?

otherwise, it wouldn't be the true Church, would it? I mean, if you are in the Original Church you have to believe that those outside it are not perfectly in said Church.. if there at all

• Banned
The Catholic church has to understand that it must compromise it's beliefs and ideals, unless it's willing to alienate all others.
another IDon'tUnderstandCatholicismAtAll post

The Church does NOT change to accommodate the world or anyone in it.. Well, I speak this of the TRUE Church, not the Borg church, as I call it.. The Borg or Francis branch of the Catholic Church is not the TRUE Catholic Church.. the SSPX is

In any case, God doesn't change
Truth doesn't change
Human nature does not change
Canonized Councils of the Church (Trent) do not change and cannot be un-canonized (by another Council like Vatican II or anything/anyone else)

Those who expect the CC to change (again, I speak of the TRUE one) just don't get it.

And also, there is this: As the song says: You can't please everyone so you've got to please..

God? His Church? I mean.. PLEASE! There is no way any institution can please EVERYONE.. illogical

yeh.. i concur

This is what happens when people are too far distanced from the Original Church.. 500 years and counting.. They start thinking really haywire stuff..
Either you believe in the teachings of the church or you don't.

Either you believe in the teachings of the church or you don't.
True.. and a lot of people here do not. And they think that just by not believing.. somehow that changes TRUTH or something. "I say [such and such] so by God [such and such] is TRUE"

um... otay

whatever :eek:

for one thing: who says it is "bizaro places"?
I do. That's my name by it. Telling one's granddaughter she's going to hell because her mother married a Catholic is what -- reasonable behaviour? :eek-52:

what is so bizarre about the Catholic Church teaching that Protestants are part of the CC, albeit imperfectly?

You tell me -- it's your claim, not mine. I specifically said it doesn't.

The true Church can be presumed to teach such.. eh?
What's that --- the Canadian Church? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, if you are in the Original Church you have to believe that those outside it are not perfectly in said Church.. if there at all

Exactly. As I already said, post 2.

I do. That's my name by it. Telling one's granddaughter she's going to hell because her mother married a Catholic is what -- reasonable behaviour? :eek-52:
no, that is not reasonable. And I doubt you would ever hear a Catholic say that kind of thing.. that bc someone was.. i dunno.. baptist.. that person is going to hell. As stated, the CC teaches that bptized christians outside the CC are part of the Church albeit not perfectly, so no real Catholic would say what that grandmother said..

no, that is not reasonable. And I doubt you would ever hear a Catholic say that kind of thing.. that bc someone was.. i dunno.. baptist.. that person is going to hell. As stated, the CC teaches that bptized christians outside the CC are part of the Church albeit not perfectly, so no real Catholic would say what that grandmother said..

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it.

Once again -- my grandmother -- a Protestant -- told her own granddaughter that she -- the granddaughter -- was going to hell because her mother -- that's my grandmother's daughter and my cousin's mother -- married a Catholic.

On that account... being the daughter of a Catholic ... my cousin is supposed to go to hell, says the grandmother.
She died before we were old enough to lay that silly shit on us, but we were in the same position.

That's bizzaro.

And my cousin remains defiantly Catholic to this day btw,

As stated, the CC teaches that bptized christians outside the CC are part of the Church
No, it doesn't.

another IDon'tUnderstandCatholicismAtAll post

The Church does NOT change to accommodate the world or anyone in it.. Well, I speak this of the TRUE Church, not the Borg church, as I call it.. The Borg or Francis branch of the Catholic Church is not the TRUE Catholic Church.. the SSPX is

In any case, God doesn't change
Truth doesn't change
Human nature does not change
Canonized Councils of the Church (Trent) do not change and cannot be un-canonized (by another Council like Vatican II or anything/anyone else)

Those who expect the CC to change (again, I speak of the TRUE one) just don't get it.

And also, there is this: As the song says: You can't please everyone so you've got to please..

God? His Church? I mean.. PLEASE! There is no way any institution can please EVERYONE.. illogical
How could anyone think that the Catholic church would change to accommodate any opposing beliefs of the other sects and cults?

I'm suggesting that's one of modern science's aces in the hole! Catholic Christians' dogma will dictate that they turn to Christian infighting.

Hasn't the Catholic church already made many huge concessions to modern science, in order to make believing more palatable to rational members of their flock who can't possibly continue to believe the creation myth over Darwinian evolution?
Haven't the catholics already rejected the notion that their bible is the iuierrent word of the god?

Fwiw, on the light side, is your god capable of creating an object that is too heavy for him to lift?
Indisputable proof that no supposed god can be omnipotent!

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it.

Once again -- my grandmother -- a Protestant -- told her own granddaughter that she -- the granddaughter -- was going to hell because her mother -- that's my grandmother's daughter and my cousin's mother -- married a Catholic.
so I got something incorrect. Maybe the way you write could use some work also.. :dunno:

I still got the point

and you are not addressing that here.. figures.. seems a lot of people on the forum just want to one-up someone else rather than arrive at truth or understanding or whatever

How could anyone think that the Catholic church would change to accommodate any opposing beliefs of the other sects and cults?

I'm suggesting that's one of modern science's aces in the hole! Catholic Christians' dogma will dictate that they turn to Christian infighting.

Hasn't the Catholic church already made many huge concessions to modern science, in order to make believing more palatable to rational members of their flock who can't possibly continue to believe the creation myth over Darwinian evolution?
Haven't the catholics already rejected the notion that their bible is the iuierrent word of the god?

Fwiw, on the light side, is your god capable of creating an object that is too heavy for him to lift?
Indisputable proof that no supposed god can be omnipotent!
I cannot discuss this with you.

For one, you have to tell me WHICH of the Cahtolic Churches you are referring to. If you are referring to the Berg or Francis Church.. that woiuld change my answer

SSPX is the true Catholic Church. And most people don't even understand the more visible and more ubiquitous Berg Church, much less do they know anything about the SSPX.

Even I didn't know about the SSPX until fairly recently. So.. you know.. there is no point in discussing something when only one party u/stands and can define the terms involved. Non-Catholics dn't have a clue.. about the CC. They are like democrats in the sense that they spoutate wht they have heard from fake sources..

so I got something incorrect. Maybe the way you write could use some work also.. :dunno:

I still got the point

and you are not addressing that here.. figures.. seems a lot of people on the forum just want to one-up someone else rather than arrive at truth or understanding or whatever
I was actually the first poster to address your thread AT ALL. And everything was laid out clearly, and it's still there.

Indeed.

I cannot discuss this with you.

For one, you have to tell me WHICH of the Cahtolic Churches you are referring to. If you are referring to the Berg or Francis Church.. that woiuld change my answer

SSPX is the true Catholic Church. And most people don't even understand the more visible and more ubiquitous Berg Church, much less do they know anything about the SSPX.

Even I didn't know about the SSPX until fairly recently. So.. you know.. there is no point in discussing something when only one party u/stands and can define the terms involved. Non-Catholics dn't have a clue.. about the CC. They are like democrats in the sense that they spoutate wht they have heard from fake sources..
I'm not aware of any significant split in the Catholic church. Are you sure you even want to acknowledge such a thing?
If so then you can state the numbers represented by the divide and choose to discuss the side that is convincingly the majority. That is, assuming there is a clear and convincing majority side.

Is your side the ones who have turned to accepting modern science on evolution as opposed to the creation myth.

I know it's significant and being supported by major powers within your church.

Modern science can grasp the opportunity presented with the infighting of various christian sects and cults.

The Catholics has better not allow themselves to drawn into the fight and the other christian cults had better not challenge the Catholic church.
Compromising your beliefs to suit the world is the opposite of what you are suppose to do. If God was the same yesterday, then He is the same today and will be the same tomorrow. Christ warned the angel of the Church of Pergamos about them catering to the world. He chastised them for it.
Did John the Baptist compromise his beliefs when he was in Herod's dungeon for fear of alienating Herod? You stand your ground even if it means losing your head.

Modern science is closer to finding God than ever before. At least they have finally found the dimensions God told us about, way back in Genesis. Science doesn't know it yet, but, dimensions can be stretched, rolled up, burnt up, ripped... But they'll figure it out sooner or later. It's God's Science, God's Physics. He used both to create. And once in a while man will figure a little part of it out.

The Catholic Church has been challenged more than once. Luther made a point of it...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back