Are national Rebublicans so stupid that they are going to fight over...

Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
These dumbass social issues right up until the next elections so we can get clobbered again? Why the fuck we never learn this lesson is beyond me.

All I hear is gay this and fag that. I have opinions on the matter that most ofthe left wwouldn't like but rather than trying to force them upon others I'd like to focus on this countries REAL peoblems.

Protip: the queers didnt wreck the economy so move on.

I tend to agree, the economy is the issue of the day. We should be focused on that, while resisting any further liberalism like gun control.

These dumbass social issues right up until the next elections so we can get clobbered again? Why the fuck we never learn this lesson is beyond me.

All I hear is gay this and fag that. I have opinions on the matter that most ofthe left wwouldn't like but rather than trying to force them upon others I'd like to focus on this countries REAL peoblems.

There are plenty of other groups for the GOP to offend between now and 2016. Don't worry.

I tend to agree, the economy is the issue of the day. We should be focused on that, while resisting any further liberalism like gun control.

Thing is we don't really need to worry about gun conteol too much. The left wants to get reelected too hence they dropped it like a hot potato from the legislation. We need to play our soxial cards at the appropriate time and being in the minority is not that time.

Gramps you think there are more important issues than gays...yeah, since the1970's

So why do you think they concentrate on that? Dogwhistle?

The media tends to control the conversation, and that is the (leftist) media focus. Seems that the republicans don't have the intestinal fortitude to make the conversation about real issues as outlined in the US Constitution.

Quit believing the liberal hype gramps. We didn't get clobbered there was no power shift. The encumbant ususally wins the WH and with a 47 percent head start it isn't surprising that Obama won. And who brings up these gay subjects, liberals. Who started and continues to push the birther BS? Liberals. They want you distracted from Benghazi, the killing of Americans with predators, the killing of a 16 year old boy, the economy, the division in the country and all the rest of the bad Obama has brought onto American. That is why you are hearing so much about gay marriage and such, it is nothing more then a liberal smoke screen.

Quit believing the liberal hype gramps. We didn't get clobbered there was no power shift. The encumbant ususally wins the WH and with a 47 percent head start it isn't surprising that Obama won. And who brings up these gay subjects, liberals. Who started and continues to push the birther BS? Liberals. They want you distracted from Benghazi, the killing of Americans with predators, the killing of a 16 year old boy, the economy, the division in the country and all the rest of the bad Obama has brought onto American. That is why you are hearing so much about gay marriage and such, it is nothing more then a liberal smoke screen.

I don't watch the liberal media. It seems republicans in general would rather play the blame game than just FUCKING IGNORE the nonsense and press on with meaningful ideas.

Seriously, it's like the left wing media is a monkey trainer dangling a banana in our face and we get completely distracted by it. Ya can't blame the media if we're bot smart enough to stop paying attention to them. We should marginalize them not fuel them.

I want you guys to keep blaming the liberal media, liberal school system, newspapers, jounalists, bloggers, hollywood, reading, history, banjos, etc etc. You'll keep being..as the poll put it, scary. You guys go all in, like the old Raiders fans. It's not everyone elses fault.

I think we're at a point in the cycle where the Religious Right's power is waning. And what we're seeing right now is their last ditch attempt to remain relevant - throwing around whatever power they have left.

Very soon, I think we'll see a major change in the GOP.

Very, very soon.

Watch which primary candidates the GOP money supports next year.

It won't be on the types like West, Walsh, Broun (he may survive; his district is wack), Akin, Mourdock, O'Donnel, Angle, etc.

The neo-cons and the social traditionalists in particular have cost the GOP senate each of the last two elections.

If Missouri and Iowa and Indiana act sanely next year in the primaries, that will say a lot about 2016.

It's not that they are stupid they are playing to the base. The base gets energized over gays, gay marriage, illegals, blacks etc. It's the base that others find scary. The irony is that while they make all of these central issues they, at the same time, accuse everyone else of dividing the country into groups.

It's not that they are stupid they are playing to the base. The base gets energized over gays, gay marriage, illegals, blacks etc. It's the base that others find scary. The irony is that while they make all of these central issues they, at the same time, accuse everyone else of dividing the country into groups.

I think the point is that that particular base is shrinking.

Yep. The GOP walked face-first into the biggest campaign sucker punch of all time in 2012, letting the Democrats make the election about social issues, and letting a President off the hook with a near-8.0% unemployment rate.

They didn't learn. Holy crap.

I think some in party see this, but I don't know if that will be enough.

Forum List

Back