Zone1 Are many Christians acting very un-Christian like?

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Are many Christians acting very un-Christian like? I agree with Rev. Benjamin Cremer.

335459078_962682128229093_2230501999502534660_n.jpg

The fundies are becoming the American taliban that aim to silence anyone that disagrees with their narrow beliefs that aim to control our lives. These people must be stopped.
Explain yourself and why you see that as truth. In what way are we like the Taliban, what is it that we insist you agree on, and how are we trying to control you?

Explain yourself and why you see that as truth. In what way are we like the Taliban, what is it that we insist you agree on, and how are we trying to control you?
I think religious types would turn us into a theocracy if they could, with horrifying consequences. They see people that disagree with them as demons. What do you think they'd do to those demons if they had complete control? We got a dose in the dark ages. I'm good on all that.

There's no sense in advocating extremism in the churches.

The fact that the Catholic church at least has become divided on account of the Pope's stand against America's war with Russia, is enough for now.

The Pope will lead the flock in the right direction, because if the Pope can't hold the flock together then the American threat against his church will tear it apart.

Those who advocate for disadvantaging and discriminating against gay and transgender Americans certainly are.
American Christians won't be able to ever find common ground on that difference. The Catholics will but their opposition won't.
The Catholic church is due to take a left turn that could be divisive in America, but will pad up its support throughout the rest of the world.

The fundies are becoming the American taliban that aim to silence anyone that disagrees with their narrow beliefs that aim to control our lives. These people must be stopped.
The racism, bigotry, and hate practiced by the Christo-fascist right cannot be stopped – no should it; they have the right to be hateful racists and bigots.

But they should be stopped from codifying their racism, bigotry, and hate into secular law behind the façade of ‘religious liberty.’

Those who advocate for disadvantaging and discriminating against gay and transgender Americans certainly are.
The Bible condemns those lifestyles which is what religious people would avoid if they wanted to maintain their way of religious life.

Meanwhile we live under a SECULAR government thus religion isn't supposed to be able to dictate what we should do to them which is for Jesus to decide.

I despise their overt effort to push gay and transgender lifestyles into the schools and onto society in general which is why I think they are scum and why there is an understandable growing blowback to their vileness as they are trampling their garbage onto the children lives with their unpopular alternative lifestyle that only a few people would ever accept.

I think religious types would turn us into a theocracy if they could, with horrifying consequences. They see people that disagree with them as demons. What do you think they'd do to those demons if they had complete control? We got a dose in the dark ages. I'm good on all that.
As a believer that is absolute nonsense, I do not see people who are non Christian as demons, I see them as lost and needing a Savior. You cannot force someone to be a Christian!

Are many Christians acting very un-Christian like? I agree with Rev. Benjamin Cremer.

335459078_962682128229093_2230501999502534660_n.jpg
Religion is an ideology, and blind commitment to an ideology makes people do stupid things.

Ideology replaces fundamental human curiosity by providing the full narrative, and once that happens, the person just loses contact with the world.

There are many honest, humble, sincere Christians. And then there the phonies. As we see in politics all the time.

Religion is an ideology, and blind commitment to an ideology makes people do stupid things.

Ideology replaces fundamental human curiosity by providing the full narrative, and once that happens, the person just loses contact with the world.

There are many honest, humble, sincere Christians. And then there the phonies. As we see in politics all the time.
th

We could replace religion in your little dissertation with progressivism and call it a synonym.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back