Are Joe Biden's gaffes related to a lifelong stuttering problem?

No, his rapid onset of senility and dementia is a problem, though.

What's Trump's excuse? I consider Biden's gaffes to be harmless and having no intent to deceive. Biden has always been prone to gaffes - having no connection to dementia or senility.
You think it's easy for Trump to be a President of 57 States of Ketchup?

• Funny
Reactions: kaz

What's Trump's excuse? I consider Biden's gaffes to be harmless and having no intent to deceive. Biden has always been prone to gaffes - having no connection to dementia or senility.
I consider Biden's gaffes to be harmless and having no intent to deceive.

Really? He didn't intend to deceive here? If he didn't he has been a batshit crazy nutbag for decades.

Really? He didn't intend to deceive here? If he didn't he has been a batshit crazy nutbag for decades.

Even if that video is not doctored - what's Trump's excuse. Last I heard Trump has over 20,000 documented lies since becoming president. I repeat - over 20,000.

President Trump has made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims

The Democratic presidential candidate’s gaffes may be rooted in a little-understood disability.

Some have been quick to question Biden’s mental fitness, hinting at a possible age-related cognitive decline (he just turned 77 years old), but it’s important to consider that many of those missteps could have been caused by his lifelong struggle with a speech impediment.

NYU speech pathologist Eric S. Jackson explains, “Stuttering can be thought of as a neurobiological ‘glitch’ — broadly speaking, the neural processes that are involved in speech, at times, don’t function like those in non-stuttering speakers. The glitches manifest themselves as intermittent and somewhat unpredictable interruptions in speech, typically repetitions of syllables or audible/inaudible prolongations of sounds. The speaker knows precisely what he or she wants to say, but in that moment, their body temporarily prevents them from producing speech.”

Stuttering is recognized as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act. While Biden’s verbal missteps don’t cast him any favors on the debate floor, just him being a person with a speech impediment running for the highest office in the country is a powerful reminder for young people who may feel limited by their disabilities.

“If I could share one piece of advice with all of those struggling with a stutter, it would be this: When you commit yourself to a goal and when you persevere in the face of struggle, you will discover new strengths and skills to help you overcome not only this challenge, but future life challenges as well. I promise you — you have nothing to be ashamed of, and you have every reason to be proud,” Biden penned in a 2015 letter to the Stuttering Foundation of America.

It's not nice to ridicule people with speech impediments. What do you think?
I think the only people ridiculing Biden's gaffes (which btw are often not gaffes but ironic self-depreciation like observing Jill gives a better speech) are the people who for some reason don't want him to beat Trump.

The reverse of that the ones calling Trump a racist don't want him to beat Biden, huh?

I started to say the ones who call Trump orange, but both sides have noticed that he's orange

Is it really a liberal thing to joke about the color of someone's skin? Seems so.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
What's Trump's excuse?
Why would Trump need to make an excuse for Biden's senility?

Here goes sloe Joe again---calling himself joe biden's husband...whas up wid dat?

Even if that video is not doctored - what's Trump's excuse. Last I heard Trump has over 20,000 documented lies since becoming president. I repeat - over 20,000.

Name one lie President Trump has allegedly told?

The video was doctored by leftist Sam Donaldson, and.......ORANGE MAN BAD!

You are a clown.

Devastating for biden......Trump should be running this video day and night.

I think Biden's problem IS neurological...

He definitely has mental issues...
THIS ^^^^^ is the talking point sent out in the memo.
"Must make Biden appear to be senile"
Use words like dementia, mental issues, retarded, unstable jenoius, bigly ......sorry...went off the talking points and started making up my your own.
Joe makes Joe look senile and joe makes you look like an idiot defending him

I wonder how many takes it took for Crazy Joe to get thru his speech tonight? How many splices are in this thing?

Joe Biden acceptance speech, take 289.

The poor editors, and to make sure they don't screw up there are Hillary pictures all over the editing room.

The funny thing about Moochelle's failed speech is that she had recorded it days before Harris was chosen as Biden's running mate and they couldn't bother to have her add that in an edit.

:abgg2q.jpg:

The Democratic presidential candidate’s gaffes may be rooted in a little-understood disability.

Some have been quick to question Biden’s mental fitness, hinting at a possible age-related cognitive decline (he just turned 77 years old), but it’s important to consider that many of those missteps could have been caused by his lifelong struggle with a speech impediment.

NYU speech pathologist Eric S. Jackson explains, “Stuttering can be thought of as a neurobiological ‘glitch’ — broadly speaking, the neural processes that are involved in speech, at times, don’t function like those in non-stuttering speakers. The glitches manifest themselves as intermittent and somewhat unpredictable interruptions in speech, typically repetitions of syllables or audible/inaudible prolongations of sounds. The speaker knows precisely what he or she wants to say, but in that moment, their body temporarily prevents them from producing speech.”

Stuttering is recognized as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act. While Biden’s verbal missteps don’t cast him any favors on the debate floor, just him being a person with a speech impediment running for the highest office in the country is a powerful reminder for young people who may feel limited by their disabilities.

“If I could share one piece of advice with all of those struggling with a stutter, it would be this: When you commit yourself to a goal and when you persevere in the face of struggle, you will discover new strengths and skills to help you overcome not only this challenge, but future life challenges as well. I promise you — you have nothing to be ashamed of, and you have every reason to be proud,” Biden penned in a 2015 letter to the Stuttering Foundation of America.

It's not nice to ridicule people with speech impediments. What do you think?
This is total bullshit. Stuttering does not make you do all the mumbling babbling crap biden does.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back