Are Joe Biden's gaffes related to a lifelong stuttering problem?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The Democratic presidential candidateā€™s gaffes may be rooted in a little-understood disability.

Some have been quick to question Bidenā€™s mental fitness, hinting at a possible age-related cognitive decline (he just turned 77 years old), but itā€™s important to consider that many of those missteps could have been caused by his lifelong struggle with a speech impediment.

NYU speech pathologist Eric S. Jackson explains, ā€œStuttering can be thought of as a neurobiological ā€˜glitchā€™ ā€” broadly speaking, the neural processes that are involved in speech, at times, donā€™t function like those in non-stuttering speakers. The glitches manifest themselves as intermittent and somewhat unpredictable interruptions in speech, typically repetitions of syllables or audible/inaudible prolongations of sounds. The speaker knows precisely what he or she wants to say, but in that moment, their body temporarily prevents them from producing speech.ā€

Stuttering is recognized as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act. While Bidenā€™s verbal missteps donā€™t cast him any favors on the debate floor, just him being a person with a speech impediment running for the highest office in the country is a powerful reminder for young people who may feel limited by their disabilities.

ā€œIf I could share one piece of advice with all of those struggling with a stutter, it would be this: When you commit yourself to a goal and when you persevere in the face of struggle, you will discover new strengths and skills to help you overcome not only this challenge, but future life challenges as well. I promise you ā€” you have nothing to be ashamed of, and you have every reason to be proud,ā€ Biden penned in a 2015 letter to the Stuttering Foundation of America.

It's not nice to ridicule people with speech impediments. What do you think?

The Democratic presidential candidateā€™s gaffes may be rooted in a little-understood disability.

Some have been quick to question Bidenā€™s mental fitness, hinting at a possible age-related cognitive decline (he just turned 77 years old), but itā€™s important to consider that many of those missteps could have been caused by his lifelong struggle with a speech impediment.

NYU speech pathologist Eric S. Jackson explains, ā€œStuttering can be thought of as a neurobiological ā€˜glitchā€™ ā€” broadly speaking, the neural processes that are involved in speech, at times, donā€™t function like those in non-stuttering speakers. The glitches manifest themselves as intermittent and somewhat unpredictable interruptions in speech, typically repetitions of syllables or audible/inaudible prolongations of sounds. The speaker knows precisely what he or she wants to say, but in that moment, their body temporarily prevents them from producing speech.ā€

Stuttering is recognized as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act. While Bidenā€™s verbal missteps donā€™t cast him any favors on the debate floor, just him being a person with a speech impediment running for the highest office in the country is a powerful reminder for young people who may feel limited by their disabilities.

ā€œIf I could share one piece of advice with all of those struggling with a stutter, it would be this: When you commit yourself to a goal and when you persevere in the face of struggle, you will discover new strengths and skills to help you overcome not only this challenge, but future life challenges as well. I promise you ā€” you have nothing to be ashamed of, and you have every reason to be proud,ā€ Biden penned in a 2015 letter to the Stuttering Foundation of America.

I think Biden's problem IS neurological...

He definitely has mental issues...

And while you say we shouldn't ridicule him, it would take another idiot to think he's up to the job of being President..

And while you say we shouldn't ridicule him, it would take another idiot to think he's up to the job of being President..
B50DF217-2434-4108-AB94-C297E4DED2C5-1440695.jpg

I think the corrupt DNC swamp is desperate to divert attention from the obvious senility of their chosen deep state puppet

And even before Joe's 'brain' decided to retire it wasn't worth much

Speech impediment lives matter...

lol

:coffee:

Is this a stuttering problem or an adultery problem?
5264F1DE-EA34-405F-86CE-A15BF5F94547_jpe-1334388.jpg
5264F1DE-EA34-405F-86CE-A15BF5F94547_jpe-1334388.jpg

Yeah, that's what it is. Stuttering made Fingers tell the Cornpop story. It also made him forget you know, the thing.

Is this a stuttering problem or an adultery problem?View attachment 376762View attachment 376762

that would be the Potus in the WH.

Its not a stuttering problem its a lifelon liar problem...hes trying to remember what he said the last time so he doesnt get caught in another.

Look anyone can see his clarity of mind is gone and he has severe short term memory and possibly onset dementia...he is not capable of being potus

Its not a stuttering problem its a lifelon liar problem...hes trying to remember what he said the last time so he doesnt get caught in another.

Look anyone can see his clarity of mind is gone and he has severe short term memory and possibly onset dementia...he is not capable of being potus

You know who can't keep their lies straight, tramp.

When Joe Biden conflates three different war stories into one, or makes up stories about getting arrested, those are not purposeful lies. They are called confabulations. Confabulations are a natural defense mechanism that people with memory disorders use subconsciously in an attempt to maintain a facade of normalcy in front of other potentially hostile people. Their brain is 'filling in the gaps' in their damaged memory circuits.

Stuttering does not cause confabulations. Dementia does.

When Joe Biden conflates three different war stories into one, or makes up stories about getting arrested, those are not purposeful lies. They are called confabulations. Confabulations are a natural defense mechanism that people with memory disorders use subconsciously in an attempt to maintain a facade of normalcy in front of other potentially hostile people. Their brain is 'filling in the gaps' in their damaged memory circuits.

You are only as good as your last memory of events. My memory of life events is not good either, I all the time get into debate about past events with my brothers, or theirs are not accurate. I prefer to think theirs are not accurate.

People remember past events differently.

You are only as good as your last memory of events. My memory of life events is not good either, I all the time get into debate about past events with my brothers, or theirs are not accurate. I prefer to think theirs are not accurate.

Your brothers have severe dementia?

Ummm...no

Not knowing where you are at or what office you are running for is NOT a stuttering problem-----------

He has dementia---a bad late stage form of it.

THIS ^^^^^ is the talking point sent out in the memo.
"Must make Biden appear to be senile"
Use words like dementia, mental issues, retarded, unstable jenoius, bigly ......sorry...went off the talking points and started making up my your own.
Dementia runs in my family-----Trust me --biden certainly has dementia so hence why he will not be in any debates. Dog face pony soldiers will be around as Biden is in the stage of reliving his childhood of watching westerns and playing cowboys and indians apparently.

Sure racist remarks have always been attributed to a stutter. Seriously that is the worst fucking cover in the history of covers.

Meaningless statement and nonesense, people remember what happened and twist it to their benefit.
There is only one truth to what occurred in past events. Everyone CONVENIENTLY remembers it differently

Anyone not afflicted with TDS can easily see he is mentally deficient....though the media tried to convince everyone it is just that he is gaffe prone.

All public speakers make an occasional gaffe....but what biden demonstrates goes far beyond that.

I think you're trying to come up with an excuse for why Joe Biden keeps saying things that don't make sense. It's not "nice" to run someone for President who's obviously struggling mentally. You on the left are the ones who have put Joe Biden in this position. You own his ridicule.

Forum List

Back