Zone1 Are Atheists Happier Than Christians?

In one sense Christians have the hope and promise of Heaven, but in another sense atheists ( or so they think anyways) will never have to answer for sin in their lives.
Atheists are sad, miserable, little people. Christians are happy, joyful, people.

I've never known an atheist who didn't think it was his job to prove Christianity wrong. Atheists, therefore, are very, very, caught up with religion.

The sad thing for them is that my happiness and joy makes them so miserable. I am truly sorry for atheists.

Atheists are sad, miserable, little people. Christians are happy, joyful, people.

I've never known an atheist who didn't think it was his job to prove Christianity wrong. Atheists, therefore, are very, very, caught up with religion.

The sad thing for them is that my happiness and joy makes them so miserable. I am truly sorry for atheists.

such a happy guy ...

images

bringing joy and harmony for those so deserving ...

That's like asking, "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" It's a useless hypothetical as the
What If is impossible as per the laws of physics designed by the Creator. Just what chance would give these children their limbs back?
Are you saying God is powerless to help these children? That He could not build a world with these tragedies?

Meanwhile, we are all governed by the same realities of this physical world......children die every day, murders occur every day, there is no escape from this reality except through physical death. We all, love, experience joy, sorrow, grief, illnesses, success, failure......all depending upon how & where we decide (free will) to navigate this life.......no one can determine the free will decisions of others....its called the human condition. We are all at the mercy of the physical laws that govern our lives.......control is an illusion. We all live one day at a time through the GRACE of those controlling conditions....that which is natural. There's no guarantee of tomorrow for anyone.
So God built a world filled with pain and suffering and we are all Job. I think God should have done better.

"Whereas, ye know not what shall be on the morrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away." -- James 4:14 The same rain falls on the just and the unjust....the same Sun rises on the evil as it does the righteous. (Matthew 5:45)
That much is true and says to me there is no justice in this world.

Anyone that attempts to tell you that miracles happen, Apostles exist today, They talk to God and He answers....are all fake doctrines. Through the completion of the Holy Scriptures the faith has been delivered "ONCE" (Jude 3), we have everything that pertains to life and godliness through the revelations of Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:3-10) Its our eternal Spirit that we must be concerned with......death is as natural as breathing. Jesus turned those away that would follow Him only to feed the flesh......and chastised them, teaching them they should be concerned about that can feed their Spirits instead of their flesh. (John 6:26-27).......Jesus Himself revealed the simple truth, "The poor will be among you ALWAYS" -- John 12:8
Moses brought the Law but God still sent messengers. Seems we are in need of Prophets as we ever were.

Your happiness only makes me happy but I wonder how you feel when a Muslim tells you how happy they are with Islam?

Are you saying God is powerless to help these children? That He could not build a world with these tragedies?

So God built a world filled with pain and suffering and we are all Job. I think God should have done better.

That much is true and says to me there is no justice in this world.

Moses brought the Law but God still sent messengers. Seems we are in need of Prophets as we ever were.
God’s power isn’t put forth to achieve certain results God’s power is put forth to achieve certain results under certain conditions which affects change in the life of those experiencing it.

God’s power isn’t put forth to achieve certain results God’s power is put forth to achieve certain results under certain conditions which affects change in the life of those experiencing it.
A bit of punctuation might make this clear. But maybe not since it seems to contain a contradiction:
  1. God’s power isn’t put forth to achieve certain results
  2. God’s power is put forth to achieve certain results
I could guess what you meant but that wouldn't tell me how you know how God uses his power.

A bit of punctuation might make this clear. But maybe not since it seems to contain a contradiction:
I could guess what you meant but that wouldn't tell me how you know how God uses his power.

- having died to himself, bing knows all ... and is a saint.

Leaving out the under certain conditions part would make it harder to understand. Probably because you don’t have a good response to it.

Think of life as a test. One that if you can’t see the whole picture you have failed at.

Leaving out the under certain conditions part would make it harder to understand. Probably because you don’t have a good response to it.
Good or not, I have a response. You are writing your own scripture. Many have done so but your authority here is minimal.;

Think of life as a test. One that if you can’t see the whole picture you have failed at.
Think of life as a competition for survival and influence: physically, genetically, and culturally.

Good or not, I have a response. You are writing your own scripture. Many have done so but your authority here is minimal.;
No. It's an observation. Bad things happen to good people. Life is full of ups and downs. You have to see the full picture to appreciate the beauty of life.

Science is the Oppressor

Emergentists adhere to the unshakeable belief that “the universe, including our own existence, can be explained by the interactions of little bits of matter” and as a result encounter an insurmountable barrier: The properties of matter are incommensurate with the experiences of the interior life. For an emergentist to overcome this barrier by simply declaring that from an assembly of 86 billion neurons consciousness emerges is magical thinking.

Later in life, I discovered that all human beings suffer from a fatal intellectual flaw, the propensity to take one truth and make it the only truth. For the vast majority of scientists, science is a new religion, and unlike Schrödinger, they refuse, like all true believers, to see that the emperor has no clothes, close their eyes to the limitations of the experimental method, and willfully deny that the philosophy of materialism they embrace gives “silly” answers to the most fundamental questions about human life. For me, and I suspected for a growing number of young people, I had to divest myself of the “silly” ideas instilled in me by science, not religion; in the twenty-first century, science, not the Church, is the oppressor that champions a worldview that has to be cast off.
– Professor George Stanciu, St. John’s College

How sad we will be for all of them when they die and come to realize how foolish and bitter they are.

Science is the Oppressor

Emergentists adhere to the unshakeable belief that “the universe, including our own existence, can be explained by the interactions of little bits of matter” and as a result encounter an insurmountable barrier: The properties of matter are incommensurate with the experiences of the interior life. For an emergentist to overcome this barrier by simply declaring that from an assembly of 86 billion neurons consciousness emerges is magical thinking.

Later in life, I discovered that all human beings suffer from a fatal intellectual flaw, the propensity to take one truth and make it the only truth. For the vast majority of scientists, science is a new religion, and unlike Schrödinger, they refuse, like all true believers, to see that the emperor has no clothes, close their eyes to the limitations of the experimental method, and willfully deny that the philosophy of materialism they embrace gives “silly” answers to the most fundamental questions about human life. For me, and I suspected for a growing number of young people, I had to divest myself of the “silly” ideas instilled in me by science, not religion; in the twenty-first century, science, not the Church, is the oppressor that champions a worldview that has to be cast off.
– Professor George Stanciu, St. John’s College

Sure Science is the "oppressor", yet your life depends upon Science. Without it you and everyone else, would be living in a cave.

Forum List

Back