Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

There were witnesses after the resurrection...But if one was not a witness, it is easier to shrug it off as the former.

Belief in the resurrection relies totally on faith.
Belief that there is no other possible explanation for a body disappearing

There are no witnesses to an actual resurrection. Only that the body was no longer there

All Christians do believe that. They just don't worship Mary as you do.
I don't worship Mary, nor does any Catholic or Orthodox.

Are you saying other non-Catholic Christians worship Mary? If so, I believe you are mistaken on that account as well.

So now you know. No one worships Mary. You now possess that knowledge, and are no longer uninformed.

Belief in the resurrection relies totally on faith.
Belief that there is no other possible explanation for a body disappearing

There are no witnesses to an actual resurrection. Only that the body was no longer there
And Jews believe that the disciples removed the body to give it a proper Jewish burial. The location will forever be unknown.

Their were witnesses to Jesus eating, drinking, and meeting with people after the resurrection.
It has happened before

Eye witnesses are not always reliable.
Mistakes by witnesses is more probable than a resurrection that nobody saw

Nope, that’s not it. It wasn’t about “vanquishing enemies of Jews,” a comment that makes Jews look selfish. The Messiah will bring peace to everyone, and there will be no more wars. But that’s just one point.

Rather than have a Christian answer as to why Jews are still waiting for the true Messiah, anyone interested in hearing from a Jew about it?

Before I make the effort, I would like to know that at least one Christian would be open-minded to hear what Jews think.
Frankly, I never really thought much about it. I don't judge or hold any animosity for Jews and I fully support Israel's existence. Sure, I'll listen to what you have to say on the subject but it doesn't mean I'd change my mind about the person of Jesus. He's referred to as many things but the one I've found that bolsters my faith more than most others is that he is called "the spirit of prophecy". There are so many fulfillments of prophecy of the ancient Hebrew Prophets, that today, a person almost has to be blind not to see them coming true.

Christianity is built on two fundamental claims

Immaculate Conception- Is it more realistic to believe that a 15 year old got pregnant through intercourse than that some being impregnated her?

The Resurrection- Is it more realistic to believe that a body was stolen than it ascended into heaven?

You are confusing Immaculate Conception with Virgin Birth.

No thanks, I don't believe in magic books one way or the other.

Keep your religion (any of them) out of my business and out of my pockets and we will be fine. :)
If you don’t feel compelled to tell me why Jesus was the Messiah, I have no need or interest in telling you why Jews believe he wasn’t.

My comment is directed at Christians who tell Jews why Jesus was Messiah. I wanted an opportunity to explain to THEM why Jews think he isn’t.

Everyone else….doesn’t matter.

If you don’t feel compelled to tell me why Jesus was the Messiah, I have no need or interest in telling you why Jews believe he wasn’t.

My comment is directed at Christians who tell Jews why Jesus was Messiah. I wanted an opportunity to explain to THEM why Jews think he isn’t.

Everyone else….doesn’t matter.
Fair enough....Carry on.

I understand some non-Catholic Christian sects are not obligated to believe Mary conceived Jesus solely through the Holy Spirit. It is Jewish belief that the Almighty can be invited to join with the husband and wife to be a partner in the conception of a child.

Could Matthew's Gospel be emphasizing this point, that the Almighty was a partner in the normal conception of a child? With the passage of time, and more Gentiles becoming Christian could this point have begun to be understood differently? Either Jew or Gentile, it is emphasized that God was partner to the conception of Jesus.

I don't know, but I do believe in miracles, and I am not one to say that I believe in my miracles, but not the miracles that happened to someone else.

Just to clear things up the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary's conception and birth being free from original sin. The Virgin Birth teaches Jesus was born of a virgin mother without an earthly father.

NEVER are they wrong
So I’ve written to Christians ...

there is no basis for either judaism or christianity to believe a heavenly intermediary, messiah would ever exist or be their salvation.

neither christianity, judaism nor islam are heavenly religions - they are based on a lie the usurper of truth, moses claimed as tablets written in the heavens were given to them representing a spiritual realm that does not exist. and negates any notion from their discourse for a heavenly intermediary to ever exist ...

unlike the others - the 1st century exemplar never claimed a communication with the heavens and based their beliefs solely on the accomplishment of the prescribed religion of antiquity to triumph against evil for spiritual purity necessary for the admission sought initially by the journey of a&e - the return to paradise.

Only G-d knows.
That doesn't impart a lot of confidence.

The New Testament avers the veracity of those things. They occurred in a reasonable span of time, albeit in ways counter to Israelite convention (or specifically to Jewish convention).

But it's been thousands of years already under your paradigm (or nearly 2000 years for the temple), and what? :dunno: Still waiting? When has anything in the Scriptures ever taken that long?

And how do those things materialize? In what possible ways?

Adherence to ancient Jewish custom is your prerogative, but to my mind, modern Jewish thought seems to have abandoned that ancient temple plantation, which by general metrics seems reasonable. Even Christians who claim those prophecies are not fulfilled get mocked and jeered.

NEVER are they wrong
Anyone with an open mind, looking at today's events with regard to the prophecies of Ezekiel, Isaiah, and Daniel, are going to increasingly have to labor at the task of ignoring them or rejecting their accuracy. Just as a single example - the coalition that is predicted to come against Israel in the last days is made up of multiple peoples that live today in the lands spoken of in prophecy.

Here's a concise table explaining who these people are today. Look at the list, think about the situation in that region and draw your own conclusions:

http--www.oxfordbiblechurch.co.uk-media-invasion-invasion-book12.jpg

Can you tell what commonality these nations share? With the single exception of Russia, they are majority Islamic nations...

there is no basis for either judaism or christianity to believe a heavenly intermediary, messiah would ever exist or be their salvation.

neither christianity, judaism nor islam are heavenly religions - they are based on a lie the usurper of truth, moses claimed as tablets written in the heavens were given to them representing a spiritual realm that does not exist. and negates any notion from their discourse for a heavenly intermediary to ever exist ...

unlike the others - the 1st century exemplar never claimed a communication with the heavens and based their beliefs solely on the accomplishment of the prescribed religion of antiquity to triumph against evil for spiritual purity necessary for the admission sought initially by the journey of a&e - the return to paradise.
You do love that word salad. But it impresses no one and convinces no one.

You should consult the exemplar for more information about the prescribed religion of antiquity 😂

Anyone with an open mind, looking at today's events with regard to the prophecies of Ezekiel, Isaiah, and Daniel, are going to increasingly have to labor at the task of ignoring them or rejecting their accuracy. Just as a single example - the coalition that is predicted to come against Israel in the last days is made up of multiple peoples that live today in the lands spoken of in prophecy.

Here's a concise table explaining who these people are today. Look at the list, think about the situation in that region and draw your own conclusions:

http--www.oxfordbiblechurch.co.uk-media-invasion-invasion-book12.jpg

Can you tell what commonality these nations share? With the single exception of Russia, they are majority Islamic nations...

Troops from all over the Roman empire gathered on the plain of Megiddo to attack Israel under Vespasian and Titus in 66 AD.

But it's been thousands of years already under your paradigm (or nearly 2000 years for the temple), and what? :dunno: Still waiting? When has anything in the Scriptures ever taken that long?
It took 2520 years for the Jews to return to their land as prophesied.

Are you one who also says, "My Lord delays His coming"??

And you, as we, are entitled to your faith. What is it that you do believe? Regardless the attempt to stand on the scientific method and declaim against the ignorance of all who disagree, science is still a form of faith. They earnestly believe they WILL find the answers if they work at it long enough.

No harm and no foul to any believer in God. All have a right to believe as they will. To paraphrase Pascal - If those who trust in God are wrong, they will never become aware of it. Those who reject that faith may find they missed out on a joy unspeakable. We each, ALL OF US, will make that choice and take the consequences that come.

Forum List

Back